18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

A Permanent Fix for S3 units experiencing charger communications issues is forthcoming!

Andries_V2cigsAndries_V2cigs Posts: 680Administrator admin
edited November 2017 in Promotions and Discounts
Rest Assured, VMR/V2 will have a permanent solution for those that are experiencing Series 3 charging/charge LED issues... Please note that not all series 3 units are being affected, but the charging issues are being felt by many S3 customers from December and January, and to a lessor extent to some customers post Feb 1... we have verified that we will be able to send out a modified charger with an improved microchip that will correct the problem, but it will be a few more weeks before we can get these newly designed chargers into stock... we are also doing testing to try and cycle any defective units from new S3 shipments, but it is a destructive test, so not all affected units can be easily filtered out.

As always: We stand behind our products and there are a number of ways CS can assist customers with S3 units that are experiencing charger communications issues. These are your options:

1. We can ship you a replacement unit, which may solve the problem, but is not a 100% guaranteed fix, until we receive sufficient inventory of upgraded chargers (expected April 1)
2. We can process a return for you, and issue you a store credit or a cash refund upon return of the defective unit.
3. You can wait and use EX Blanks or Cartridges for a couple weeks and by early April (at the latest) we can ship you an improved charger with upgraded software and a more reliable charging microchip. This newer charger design is resolving 99.7% of all tested S3 charger communication issues in our Miami laboratory.

Important Note: If your S3 is functioning correctly, enjoy it... it's a great vape when functioning as designed... and don't worry about this post... I'm using the S3 everyday and it's my goto vape... over 70% of units are not experiencing charger communications issues, such as the one in my hand as I type this... so that just means you have a properly functioning product. Regardless, if you'd like an upgraded charger when they arrive we can send you another at that time, gratis :-)

FYI-- Many future V2 products (launching later this year) are all being designed with the ability to upgrade firmware on the fly using a computer and a download from our sites... its a lot easier to solve software bugs, when you don't have to involve the postal services.

Comments

• HoustonMIHoustonMI Posts: 38Member

Regardless, if you'd like an upgraded charger when they arrive we can send you another at that time, gratis :-)

FYI-- Many future V2 products (launching later this year) are all being designed with the ability to upgrade firmware on the fly using a computer and a download from our sites... its a lot easier to solve software bugs, when you don't have to involve the postal services.
    Thank you for this great news!  Terrific!
  • new2v2new2v2 Posts: 106Member

@Andriej,

The chargers I have are working fine on my other S3, so it seems to be a problem with the one. I am returning a known bad charger with the S3 I dropped off at FedEx Saturday to be sent out tomorrow.

In the meantime, I would like a replacement Stainless Steel S3 for bad one I currently have, and a prayer or two said that the additional blue one that is on its way to me is good.

The black one that I received in replacement works fine and I am loving it.

Sorry if I sounded frustrated in my post. It's just that this has been going on since mid-December, and I AM getting frustrated.

I NEED 3 S3s to meet my vaping needs and don't want to go to one of the older models, different blanks, etc.

• KungFuJoeKungFuJoe Posts: 15Member
    Question regarding the "upgrade" to an S7.  I have purchased both a wax and loose leaf cartridge for my S3.

I'm currently on my 3rd unit.  The first one had the battery issue.  Second one had an issue with the button getting stuck.  3rd one seemed to be fine, but last night, after it ran out the battery the second time around, I plugged it into the charger and and it went from red to green in about 15 minutes.  I unplugged and plugged it back in and it went red again..then green again in 15 minutes.  That's where I stand now but I'm afraid I'm back to square one with the battery issue, since my very first unit did this exact same thing and it never held a good charge again.

If I decide to go to an S7, can I also use whatever I paid for in the loose leaf and wax cartridges towards an S7?  Of course, I will ship everything back (wouldn't be any good to me anyways).
  • gpro22gpro22 Posts: 16Member

@andries_v2 cigs,

I have a problem in which the battery only charges for 15-20 minutes before the led turns green, even when the unit is completely dead. Thus, I am not getting a very good charge and it only lasts a couple minutes. It's not that huge of deal because I can use pass through charging still. I would like the upgrade though when it comes out in April. Can you please put me on the April upgrade list.

Well I can confirm I have another unit with a battery issue. It's now doing what the poster above me said. Goes green after 10 minutes. Even if I leave it plugged in while its green I only get two maybe three loose leaf sessions before it dies.

At this point, I'm willing to try the S7 but only if I'm given credit for everything I bought with this S3 which includes a wall adapter, loose leaf cart and wax cart.
  • samanthasamantha Posts: 3,469Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hey @gpro22 I have a manager working on your account... @KungFuJoe - I Am going to have someone reach out to you now. If now is not good, please let me know what time is best to reach you to resolve. 
  • onehitonehit Posts: 1Member
    samantha,

Can you share what the model number of the new charger version is? It's located on the USB plug end of the cable.

Thanks!
    @samantha I am available for a phone call anytime now...it is currently 11:40AM PST.  
    Thank you @Samantha. It's really weird, about 85% of the time it charges for less than 15 minutes (sometimes only seconds) before turning green, but once in a while it will fully charge for a couple hours.
    @Samantha, customer called and a new one is on the way. Thanks for the help!
  • ottumottum Posts: 27Member
    Great news.  Thanks!!!
    To the guys above having problems, I understand your frustration.  I had the exact same issues with 2 replacements.  ( I fell in the Dec Jan Feb group ) - just be patient.  I can tell you my latest replacement absolutely is living up to the bill.  Trust me, you will be happy.
    We greatly appreciate your patience and I agree with ottum that we have identified all last batches with any issues and all new S3 going out are performing beyond expectations! Think I got everyone taken care of on this thread... Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.
    I just wanted to make a follow up post to say that I spoke to someone from customer support and am in the process of returning my S3 kit towards credit for an S7.  Obviously, I don't typically spend MORE money on a company when having issues, but I have to admit that the outstanding customer service I've received so far has made me want to stick with V2.  That, and the product, when it works, is pretty amazing.  

• David1886David1886 Posts: 563Member
    edited March 2015
    @Samantha

You mentioned in a previous post about the faulty S3 charger problems.

I have had 2 X Series 3 units replaced by V2 Cigs in Australia with charging problems and it was a big effort to have them replaced as they can only be contacted by email and most times don't respond to messages and they have advised me that if there is another problem they will not replace again.

Both these units were purchased in January 2015 from your Australian distributor and one of the replaced units still has a charging issue.

You mentioned in a previous post about a new batch and model number my 2 new chargers are model UC46048 are these the newer chargers.

I only purchased my S3 units locally because I thought that if there was an issue it could be fixed locally.

All my other purchases Carts E-Liquids and everything else is purchased from V2 in the USA as you offer great customer service and products are much cheaper even with your shipping cost if I buy in bulk and also the Australian Government not allowing E-Liquid with nicotine to be sold in Australia. 

Should I just wait till you receive the new chargers and just buy another 2 chargers.
    edited March 2015
    Welp, got my new stainless steel one yesterday....and umm yeah.  Barely lasted 10 puffs after charging for 24 hours :(

So just to be clear, is it the CABLE or the BATTERY that is the issue?

I have to assume it is the battery, because it has been plugged into a cable that I have been using with my working Black S3.

Gonna give it another charge and see what happens.  Stay tuned!
    ....and this is amusing.  Plugged it in right after I posted, already went green.   :-/
    ....and then tried my other cable.  (Which again has been working with my previously notated GOOD experience with my Black S3)  Same result, went to green instantly.
    @ottum

It's hard to tell whether it's the charger or the battery, I have had 2 V2 Pros replaced by V2 in Australia which were purchased in January 2015 and the replacements see to charge fully but sometimes the green light comes on straight away and I unplug charger several times then the charging light stays on till charged.
  • closenreclosenre Posts: 37Member
    will this new charger be inclueded in the S7 that is on the way to my house now?
    edited March 2015
    @Andres_V2Cigs

Are you able to confirm if the problem with the light turning green is a V2 Pro Series 3 problem or just a problem with the chargers.
    I purchase all my E-Liquid and accessories from the USA site but purchased 2 X V2 Pro series 3 units from V2 in Australia.
    They have replaced both units because of the charging issues but still have the same problem and now they refuse to replace the faulty charges and will not respond to my emails as they do not have a phone contact number.
    So would you please advise what I should do now?

edited March 2015
    Does it make any difference with the charging problems if the Cartridge is removed while charging or should it be left inside the V2 Pro series 3

• Andy5446Andy5446 Posts: 3Member
    I am having the same issue as someone posted above. Sometimes it seems to charge all the way and sometimes it goes green 10-15 min after charging. Other than this issue, and the top of a LL cart coming apart about a month after getting it, it has been a great unit. It is also nice to know that you guys are trying to make it right by giving us some options on how we would like the issue fixed. I would be interested in upgrading to the S7, but like others stated, would I also get to put the money I have invested into the s3 for 2 loose leaf carts and an additional liquid cart put towards the s7? That's upwards of $50. Thanks!
    edited March 2015
    @Samantha
    Are you able to confirm if the problem with the light turning green is a
    V2 Pro Series 3 problem or just a problem with the chargers.
    I purchase all my E-Liquid and accessories from the USA site but purchased 2 X V2 Pro series 3 units from V2 in Australia.
    They
    have replaced both units because of the charging issues but still have
    the same problem and now they refuse to replace the faulty charges and
    will not respond to my emails as they do not have a phone contact
    number.
    So would you please advise what I should do now?
  • RAFJR1RAFJR1 Posts: 3Member
    Went through 3 units (one with button stick, two with charger issues), but current one is working perfectly. Thanks to everyone for prompt replies and replacements. With service like this, I would not hesitate to recommend v2 products to anyone.
  • ism08wrxism08wrx Posts: 9Member
    I have another defective unit and waited on hold for CS 30 minutes to no prevail. Finally ended up getting in touch with someone on v2 website that specifically told me i could not upgrade to a series 7 bc it is not allowed. I asked again and it was confirmed. Only thing they were "allowed" to do was issue me a replacement. I apologize but series 3 has been a nightmare i would love to try something else
  • MIngMIng Posts: 20Member
    edited March 2015
    V2 Pro not plugged in began smoking and got too hot to touch Smoke i mean steam like i was pushing the button and it did not tuurn off like the other one that did that.

I have two v2 pros and both are replacement that do not work correctly but I have been trying to use them rather than go thru return again. Neither would work this morning at all. Usually I can unplug them after they turn green and plug back up. Or plug back up after leaving unplugged for a while.

Nothing worked today and something scary happened. I unplugged one to leave it unplugged a while. Went to the kitchen to cook came back to my room to find it smoking and so hot I had to use something to take the cartridge out. Keep in mind this same v2 pro would not produce a vapor before I went into the kitchen and was unplugged when the battery decided to get hot.l am not sure how long it was hot but the tank is falling apart. I have no idea if that was from the heat or what.

I just ordered a new v2 pro during the sale but since the replacements do not work I am not sure it will work.
  • fliboyefliboye Posts: 21Member
    repost for me

Been browsing the posts and have some of the same issues the pro on the charger takes less than 5 min to go green works fine in the pass through mode, but off the charger the cutoff will go off in bout 5 sec if i drag release and drag again it takes three to four clicks to get the same result as with it on the charger. I am kind of dealing with it for now. do they have a bead on the charging issue or is a replace and hope ?? a little help and direction would be appreciated 9mo w v2 3mo with the pro 8-|
    David - I am double checking now to make sure you and all others on this forum get taken care of and get your questions answered. We have had some units in the past that had LED issues, some were cart issues and some were def battery issues. So I am double checking before I respond to you. Please be patient with me. I will get all of you taken care of by EOD today.
    @samantha

I don't think they are cart issues as I am using the most recent purchased batch No 49349 02138.
    My issues are the Led issues with going green almost straight away.
    I think my problem is the chargers on my 2 units.
    David, for what is worth, I just received my replacement and I tried to charge it on my old charger and it worked. I had the same issue as you, I would plug my old battery in and it went green right away. However, when I plug the new battery in the old charger, it stays red until its fully charged. Thus, in my case at least, I belive it was the battery that was bad.
    @gpro22
    I have had 2 units replaced by V2 in Australia and both have issues and they will not replace again.
    I have tested with a USB Volt Amp meter and it shows charging at 450mAh for about 5-10 mins then the light turns green and the meter shows 0.00mAh I then unplug and it does the same thing again.
    The only way I can get a fully charged battery is to keep connecting about 20 times then its fully charged and I get a full day of use.
  • DrGnBldDrGnBld Posts: 38Member
    Has anyone else gotten a response via email from Samantha or andries, or anyone, saying that an S3 can NOT be exchanged for an s3 credit?
    Hey @DrGnBld... I THINK I just PM'd you back. The answer is no on the S3 exchange for points. Had sooo many PM's to go through. And Andries likely will not respond... he comes on the forum every so often but he does not function as a CS rep like our CS department or me. If you have any questions, no need to PM him -- just send them to me. I am answering folks back as FAST as possible. Was in Texas for 2 days for SXSW and now catching up on a lot... So sorry for the delay.
    edited March 2015
    @samantha.
    I sent you a message about my 2 faulty V2 Pro Series 3 units that were purchased from V2 in Australia and both were faulty with the charging problem and they replaced both units.
    Now the replacements both silver are doing the same thing and having issues getting them replaced again so purchased another in Black and was working great till today see reason below.

All my other E-Liquid and accessories I purchase from the USA.

I now have a serious problem my most recent order # 3486688 2 of the Cartridges received when removing from the Pro the top plastic of the cartridge has separated from the metal base leaving the base inside which i could remove by pulling up the center pin with heavy tweezers.

The big problem is that on the second occasion the E-Liquid leaked everywhere inside the unit and was dripping out from the bottom of the battery and now my only working unit is dead and just full of liquid.

So basically I have 2 faulty with charging problems and fighting with V2 in Australia and now I am sure they will not replace a faulty V2 Pro that was damaged by a faulty cartridge.

I was a new customer to V2 commencing in January 2015 after being with another company for 3 years and have not had a good experience to date and there is also no response from customer service.  
    edited March 2015
    @gpro22
    In my last post about my my most recent purchase of another
    V2 Pro Series 3 as I needed another the old chargers also worked on this
    new unit without issue so I also think it's a battery issue. My
    problem is V2 Australia wont replace my faulty units again and as
    mentioned in my last post that 2 of my most recently received Cartridges
    from the USA came apart at the base and the second one flooded my only
    working V2 with E-Liquid which V2 in Australia will definitely not
    replace as it was the faulty Cartridge that killed that Pro Series 3.
    @samantha
    Received a call from customer service in the US today and the gentleman was fantastic and has resolved my issues with my faulty S3 or any new faulty S3 units in the future.
  • JoBurrJoBurr Posts: 317Member
    @David1886 she came through again. Woohoo @samantha!
    @JoBurr

Samantha is fantastic and a real asset to V2
  • rbaker1009rbaker1009 Posts: 1,226Member

Definitely have to give major props to Samantha. She has dealt with countless issues that are completely out of her control. I'm sure it's no fun to log into the forum as the sole moderator and deal with a myriad of issues from that small percentage of users on their last nerve.

Where many may have lost it she handles herself with patience, professionalism and an unflappable attitude. kudos

• phyrstormphyrstorm Posts: 3Member
    edited March 2015
    i was wondering when these new chargers would be available and on the site will it appear to be the same standard charger available for purchase right now?  i bought a v2 s3 from a vendor recently and had a battery issue so i sent it back, and am awaiting a new one hoping it will be problem free, but ill get one of these new chargers just in case as soon as theyre available. thanks!
    edited April 2015
    @Samantha
    Are all the Series 3 units being sold now or ones being replaced the new modified units that have fixed the battery or charging issues.
    Thanks all for the kind feedback.

The S3 being sold on V2.com are all updated and new. As far as Aussie goes, I will have to look into that. What vendor did you buy it from @phyrstorm?
    edited April 2015
    @Samantha

Australia will be receiving the updated units late next week or the following week at present still selling the older stock.
    I just wanted to confirm as I am going to purchase another from the US site as will not purchase from AU anymore due to previous issues which you kindly helped resolve.
  • phyrstormphyrstorm Posts: 3Member
    @samantha
    a small store owners ebay/ mxcbrooklyn, a replacement is on its way so ill see how it goes.. i should have gone with straight through v2.
  • kornrules1kornrules1 Posts: 2Member
    I just recently bought one at Smoker Friendly in Charleston, WV.

Will I have to get a replacement from them and just hope it works?
    edited April 2015
    @ Samantha

As I mentioned in one of my last messages V2 in the US have created a dummy order so any future issues with my V2 Pro Series 3 units can be returned to the US.

I have a unit in the post back to the US for replacement.

I have also messaged CS to see if the chargers are different to the original supplied with the S3 but have had no response as if they are different would they send an extra charger with my replacement as I have another unit with the green light issue only sometimes happening.

The order number created by V2 in the US is # 3568356 which is for the replacement for the unit that had charging issues but was also damaged by a leaking cartridge coming apart at the base.
  • edjar107edjar107 Posts: 1Member
    I'm having the exact same green light of lies. Can I get the replacement charger sent to me? @samantha
  • kornrules1kornrules1 Posts: 2Member
    I got a call, thanks.