18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

Troubleshooting Tips for Batteries and Cartridges - Classic and EX

Sometimes your batteries and cartridges just don't work the way you want them to, so here are a few approved trouble shooting techniques that can help. Let us know if you have any questions, or if you have any other techniques that you find work well for you! 

Center Post: If a new cartridge won’t produce vapor, try this!

If the battery is lighting up with you take a puff, but your cartridge doesn’t produce vapor, it may be that the center post of the battery is not making proper contact with the cartridge. This occurs due to minor differences in the height of the center post, which can be pushed down by screwing on cartridges too tightly. This can be fixed by simply lifting the center pot of the battery gently with a small rigid tool, like a paper clip. By inserting the paper clip into the small recessed area around the center post and gently lifting the post of all sides, you are often able to correct this issue.

If you are having difficulty drawing on your EX Blank, try this!

Remove your EX Blank from your battery. Place a paper towel, tissue, or any other absorbent material at the threaded end of your cartridge and gently blow through the mouthpiece. This should help to dispel any liquid trapped in the center post. 

Cleaning: If you are having difficulties with the draw of your battery, or with battery life, try this!

Clean the battery threading with an old toothbrush or Q-tip that has been slightly dampened with rubbing alcohol. Clean the exterior threading in addition to the crevices within the threading area on a weekly/bi-weekly basis. Make sure to clean the small air holes in the threading too! Because these are small, a safety pin or sewing needle tends to work well. Once the battery has been cleaned, proceed to reset your battery.

Reset: If you are experiencing issues with battery charge, try this!

Manual battery:

Unscrew the cartridge from the battery. Reset the battery by holding the manual button down for approximately 10 seconds. You should see the LED light on the tip of the battery hold a steady light, blink several times, and finally go out. After, place the battery on the charger for another 2 hours. This should reset/reboot the battery like a PC, and restore it to its original state.

Automatic battery:

Unscrew the cartridge from the battery. Form a seal around the battery’s threading with your lips and blow into the cavity on the threaded end approximately 5-7 times. You should see the LED light on the tip of the battery blink several times indicated the reset. After, place the battery on the charger for another 2 hours. This should reset/reboot the battery like a PC, and restore it to its original state.

These tips often help to alleviate battery issues, but if they don't work for you feel free to contact us! Remember, all V2 Class and EX Batteries are covered by our Limited Lifetime Warranty. 

Happy Vaping! 

-India 

Comments

• Cris_NCris_N Posts: 18Member
    I purchased a couple of automatic batteries last May and finally got around to using them. They're fully charged but I have no end of trouble with them. I have to cover the side vents in order to make them do anything. With one of them, I tried lifting the center thingy but that really didn't do much. I'm reluctant to do any more than a gentle attempt not wanting to void any warranty. Any thoughts?
  • Jeremiah_V2Jeremiah_V2 Posts: 45Moderator
    Cris, we regret to hear of this issue and will have a representative contact you right away.
  • lordtorpedolordtorpedo Posts: 1Member
    Hello. I purchased a battery with a button. The light is continuously on, but the coil is not hot. The light has been on for almost 24 hours now. I tried to reset it and it didn't make a difference. Can you help?
  • @lordtorpedo I will be sending you a private message shortly in regards to your issue. 
  • tfx971tfx971 Posts: 1Member
    Just bought a V2 Pro Series 7, On it's first charge only the red perimeter LED is flashing RED slowly, does this mean it's charging?. The directions say the activation light should also be lit up and it's not. Thanks for any help you can offer. I looked over the forums and net and couldn't find an answer to this anywhere.
  • VictoriaPandoraVictoriaPandora Posts: 2Member
    edited July 2016
    Tfx, I have the pro series 3.
    Im pretty sure your unit is charging normally.
    When I charge mine, only the red light slowly blinks until it turns green when finished.
    Dont be surprised if the first charge takes a long time.
    Not sure exactly how long, but well over an hour, maybe even two.

• SelcienSelcien Posts: 47Member
    I really appreciate the bit about the center post as I'm sure that that was one of the mistakes I've made in the past. I got my EX kit today and I'm only tightening the cartridges just enough to where they're making contact, so hopefully that will prevent the problem from occurring. 
  • samanthasamantha Posts: 3,015Administrator, Moderator admin
    For newbies trying to master using e-liquid and carts... this is a very helpful thread.
  • qtrhorseladyqtrhorselady Posts: 1Member

Thanks to V2,  I have finally (after 45 years) to quit smoking.  Thanks V2   
  • BLCBLC Posts: 16Member

Thanks to V2,  I have finally (after 45 years) to quit smoking.  Thanks V2   
    Congratulations! 
    Congrats @qtrhorselady! That is amazing! We're so glad to have you join the global V2 customer family and the V2 forum! What V2 device are you vaping these days? 
  • KristyKristy Posts: 3Member
    Hi all.. I've recently started ecigs to quit smoking cigs and it's working great, and I'm thankful for that as well as for this forum. Thank you, V2. A question.. if I normally smoke about a cartridge a day (or 11/2 packs of cigs) how long should my Classic battery last in months? And do EX batteries last longer? Thanks!
    Hi @Kristy and welcome to the forum and V2 vapor family! How long should your classic battery charge last for? It depends on your vaping style but at least a few hours. Your cartridges will last depending on your vaping style as well but you can easily go thru 1 per 1-2 days. Again, it depends on your vaping style. Pls let me know if/how I can further assist.
    Hi, Samantha, thanks for the response. Yes, you're right.. it does last a few hours. I meant in months... will I have to buy new batteries every few months? Thanks again! 
    Oh no the batteries can last you for a year or 2.... depending on how well you take care of it:) Happy vaping! 
    Okay, thank you!