18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

NY Governor Proposes Tax Of Ten Cents Per Milliliter On e-Liquid

Navy20Navy20 Posts: 996Member ✭✭

Just read an article from Churnmag.com, about the New York Governor proposing a ten cent per milliliter of e-Liquid tax.

Sales of tobacco are down . . . reckon they need to make up for the loss of revenue.

All of these damn taxes are getting ridiculous . . . .

Getting a bit tired of Government Agencies telling me that smoking is bad for me and I should quit.   To get my nicotine fix while attempting to quit smoking, I can use nicotine patches, lozenges and gum, all approved by the FDA.  

Problem is . . . at least for me . . . none of these worked.   I even tried hypnosis and going cold turkey . . . no results there either.

Tried a few different brands of e-cigarettes and didn't like them.   I felt that there was no solution to quit for me.   Then I decided to give e-cigarettes another try when I found the V2 website.   I liked it and it worked.   Been four (4) years now and I have never looked back.    The chains and shackles of Big Tobacco are gone and I regret not one (1) day of this freedom.

Local and State Governments keep making all these rules (laws) to ban vaping and/or tax vaping to the point that many can't afford it.   Some of my co-workers have returned to cigarettes as they feel it is no more expensive to purchase cigarettes as it is to purchase vaping supplies.   

What is it that Government wants ?    A population that smokes with increased health costs or a population that vapes and kicks Big Tobacco to the curb.   Apparently . . . Government doesn't know what they want . . . other then to raise and/or create taxes.   

Too bad Government can't focus in on what is truly important . . . taking care of its citizens.  

If New York approves this tax, I will have no choice but to pay it . . . I am not going to be happy about it . . . but . . . I AM NOT RETURNING TO BIG TOBACCO and I AM NOT GOING TO FUND THE BIG PHARMACEUTICALS  that push their damn nicotine replacement products.   

I enjoy vaping and will continue to do so.    I will make cuts in other areas of my life to support my vaping.  

Comments

• rbaker1009rbaker1009 Posts: 1,120Member
    At nearly $15 a pack New York has driven many to alternative nicotine delivery systems for sure. Like you say @Navy20, if New York's (and every other local and federal government) true priority was cigarette cessation they would include vaping in the smoking cessation product category NOT the tobacco product category. A move that is clearly designed to protect tax revenue.

I will do what I have to and never buy cigarettes again. If I have to I'll buy vaping supplies on the black market if taxes get ridiculous. I'm law abiding but there are two areas I will defy the law on to protect, vaping and owning firearms.