18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

Shipping and EX blank issues UPDATE

jwhjwh Member Posts: 15
I got my v2 ex starter kit in the mail about a week ago.  Fell in love with the product and decided I wanted to try the ex blanks and stock up on some eliquid.  Ordered the 12 flavor sample pack, the black note sample pack, a couple other flavors and 2 boxes of blanks.  My shipment arrived today while I was at work and to my dismay the box was damaged pretty badly.  I opened the box and discovered that the packing slip showed all my items delivered, but the black note sampler box and one of the blank boxes were badly damaged.  Worse yet the 12 flavor pack wasn't in the box at all.  Someone had highlighted the 12 flavor line on the packing slip, then started highlighting the black note line but then wrote "OK" at the end of the line.  So I did a live chat and the representative told me to send support an email with photos of the damage.  I did so but have not heard back from V2.  I decided to try the blanks with one of the eliquids and it works fine on my automatic battery.  I tried it on my manual battery however and nothing.  Battery lights up but no response from the cart.  I read some other posts about adjusting the battery post so I tried that.  Unfortunately every time I want to use the manual battery I have to take a small pair of pliers and "adjust" the post.  This is very frustrating.  Any one else having issues with ex batteries?  The manual battery works fine with pre-fill carts without adjustment but the ex blanks have to be adjusted before each use.  Anyone have any suggestions or solutions?  Had read good reviews about V2, which is why i chose this brand, but I am beginning to question my decision.  In the past two weeks I have spent well over 300 bucks on their products and so far it has been a disappointment.  When they work it is a great product.  Any suggestions?

Comments

• jwhjwh Member Posts: 15
    Update:  So I spoke with CS and they are sending me a replacement sampler pack which I really appreciate.  However, I started researching the battery not working correctly after I spoke with CS and discovered that there is apparently a new and old version of the EX batteries.  One with the air holes below the gasket and one with the air holes above the gasket.  I received one of each in my kit.  I did a chat with CS again and they said it is possible I received the two different versions of the battery and will be sending me a replacement.  I asked if there was any way I could keep the "defective" battery and was told if I don't send it back they will have to charge me for it.  Kinda frustrating since it works fine on pre-fill carts.  Was hoping to have a backup just in case.   At least they are making it right and replacing the older battery.  I did notice on the forum that others with this issue were told to keep their older versions sent by mistake.  Guess I am not that lucky.  I ordered the advertised latest version of the ex, was incorrectly sent an older battery and now have to deal with the hassle of mailing the defective one back.  When the kit came in the glue had been torn lose from the back of the box and it appeared "thrown together".  I didn't think much of it but now I am beginning to wonder.  In some older posts on the forum I saw where V2 was aware of the issue in the FIFO vs LIFO of their inventory and would be fixing it.  Makes me wonder if they are trying to pass off the older versions until they run out.  Either way I will update when I get the replacements.  I do appreciate V2 working with me on this.  Just as a side note I do like the EX blanks I received, they work very well with the correct battery.
    Okay, so the 12 flavor sampler pack came in today.  Except it isn't the sampler pack i was missing it is the blacknote sampler I already received.  @Philly_V2, can you help me with this situation please?
    I am considering requesting a refund for all this stuff.  Not sure what is going on with shipping / quality control.  This has gotten ridiculous.
  • Philly_V2Philly_V2 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 171 admin
    @jwh

I will be send you a direct message for further assistance, however I believe a phone call may be in order to straighten this out.

Thank you for your patience and we will be in touch very soon.

Philly
    So I'm on my second set of ex batteries now, these don't work as advertised either. The automatic battery holds a charge much longer than the manual, but sometimes it doesn't turn off. Have to unscrew the cart to get it to stop. The manual battery only works until it has two or three lights on the charge indicator and boom...goes dead. Have to recharge to get it to work again. Nowhere near the advertised amount of "puffs". So far I am 0 for 4 on the EX battery. Anyone else having issues with these things?
  • rbarron316rbarron316 Member Posts: 14
    Yes.  I had 4 total.  Two matte blacks, a brushed steel, and a blue.  All manuals. One matte black would never show blue on the charger, yet 5 solid LEDs.  It finally wouldn't hold a charge (I even sent them a Dropbox video to demonstrate).  They replaced with a stainless steel.  Second matte black also doesn't show solid blue when fully charged, yet 5 solid LEDs.  Will see if that one does as the first.  

Either the brushed steel or stainless steel replacement (they both look alike to me) shows as fully charged (blue on charger) and 5 lit LEDs, yet pushing the button will not activate the battery.  So, while fully charged, the button doesn't work.  Have a request in to Philly to get a replacement.  No word yet.  I too have been charging when they got down to two lit LEDs as they were practically dead by then.

Had bought a couple of V2 manual short batteries.  Also, I was given some V2 manual long batteries from someone when I started developing these EX battery problems.  They work great.  The longs last forever.  They are my go-to battery right now. 
    @rbarron316 , @jwh

I want to help you two. @rbarron316  may you send me a direct message here on the forum? I would like to help a.s.a.p.  @jwh you as well. I would like to resolve any concerns as soon as I can.

Thank you everyone,

Philly
  • samanthasamantha Administrator, Moderator Posts: 2,768 admin
    Hey @jwh - Clearly something is off. Let me know if Philly is taking care of you or if I can help. We'll get you taken care of. We appreciate the feedback and your patience. 
    Hello @samantha, I am working with Philly to get things straightened out, thanks for checking in on this.
    Awesome, thanks for keeping me posted!
    @redbarron316, Thank you for the input, good to know it isn't something I am doing wrong.  I am gonna give the EX batteries one more try and then switch to the standard if these give me any issues.  The thought of the long battery lasting longer is tempting.  Again, thanks for the input and have a great day.
    @jwh

No problem.  I have all three:  EX manuals, V2 standard manuals, V2 long manuals.  My preferred batteries are the manual longs.  Zero issues with them. I haven't given any thought to the automatics as with my lungs (just stopped smoking after 46 years) every breath counts and I need to get the hit on my first puff.  

I'm only speaking for myself relative to my experience.  Everyone's needs and experiences are going to vary. 

• cjeancjean Member Posts: 6
    I'm having the same exact problems with my EX batteries as jwh and rbarron316. I have 2 manuals, one matte black, one blue. Both have the hole below the o-ring. The blue one actually shows full blue on the charger when charged, but other than that, acts exactly like the matte black (battery life less than that of a v2 standard battery, among other things..)

"The manual battery only works until it has two or three lights on the charge indicator and boom...goes dead. Have to recharge to get it to work again. Nowhere near the advertised amount of puffs".

"All manuals. One matte black would never show blue on the charger, yet 5 solid LEDs"

"I too have been charging when they got down to two lit LEDs as they were practically dead by then."

I talked to Helena yesterday (Friday May 5th) and she said the next business day (Monday May 8th, or maybe the next day) they would send out 2 replacements. However, when I explained to her that I have the old version and that they were probably sitting around in stock since 2014 she said that couldn't be, because they have the "vapour2" logo on them. After getting some rest and thinking about it more (going through chemo, stage four lung cancer) I thought, well, the hole on my 2 batteries is still below the o-ring. How hard would it be to update the logo so as to get rid of some old batteries. I have a feeling that v2 in america decided to send some of it's old stuff to vapour2 europe. I'm quite worried that vapour2 will simply send me more of the old version of the batteries. This is especially problematic being as I was told v2 would pay the transport to give me the replacements, but that I would have to pay to send the old ones back. This is going to cost me at least 12 euros even though it's not my fault vapour2 sent me old, defective merchandise (and I even suspect that somewhere along the line, it may have been intentional). If I have to keep waiting for replacements AND paying for the return transport, I'm going to wind up paying twice for my batteries. Normally Helena said all this is going to be taken care of, but I thought I'd write here so that others know this is far from an isolated incident, and also to express my worries. I'm also hoping that the staff at v2/vapour2 can verify that I will be sent the new version of the batteries and not just repeat the problem over and over. I'm not willing to see/accept the price of my ecigs going from 30 euros to 40, then 50, or even 60 euros. 

@cjean

It appears that you are located in a country that is restricted for us to ship to from the V2 site. I apologize for this.
       I believe we addressed this on a similar thread which I am unable to locate however, I wanted to clarify the design of the manual batteries to dispell any confusion.
    The EX Manual batteries are supposed to come with the holes below the o-ring. The Auto version does not or has the holes above the o-ring, in order to facilitate the initiation of the air pressure switch to turns on an auto battery. 
     The Ex Manual version needs to have the hole below the o ring  in order to work properly.

I hope that this clarifies the design for everyone.

@cjean , perhaps they can facilitate a replacement for you from vapour2?

I hope that this has cleared the air so that we can get you the assistance that you need. 

Philly

@cjean, thank you for posting...a co-worker of mine that has smoked cigarettes for 30 years ordered the ex battery kit as a result of trying mine. He mentioned today that his manual ex battery would not hold a charge either. (After less than a week) I believe you are correct, this is far from an isolated incident. Best of luck with your treatments. Hope everything goes as well as possible for you. Cheers.
    @rbarron316, Hopefully these things are helping you kick cigarettes, my co-worker (mentioned in my last post) hasn' 't had a cigarette in going on two weeks and is ecstatic about it. Whether or not he sticks with V2 is in question, but for the first time in 30 years he can see a light at the end of the tunnel to finally kick the cigarette habit. So if he does all this trouble will be worth it and for that I thank V2. Also like to thank @Philly_V2 for doing her best to make all this right.
    edited May 9
    @jwh

Last smoke for me was March 10, 2017.  Heavy smoker for 46 years.  Chose the strongest nicotine strength that was available for about 7 or 8 different flavors, either 2.4% or 1.8%.  Too, have 20 different sampler flavors I was trying out.  Zero desire to pick up a cigarette now.

I could be a poster child for how easy it is to stop smoking on a dime when I started using this product (yeah, there are others.  Simply talking about vaping in general).  Serious spinal issues, COPD, coughed for hours and hours every day, you name it.  Most of it smoking related, in all likelihood.  Probably other things I don't even want to know about or care about.

Since I started vaping, my first thought when waking wasn't a cigarette.  I rarely cough any longer. Don't get winded as easily.  More energy.  I don't smell like bonfire.  My breathe tastes better.  I haven't burned anything in a couple of months (clothes,  fingers, chair, etc.,).  I sing and I am hitting notes I haven't hit in 40 years. Yeah, there are immediate health benefits when one stops.  Most importantly, family is tickled and very happy for me.  Some of the damage that's been done is done. It is what it is.  I'm good with everything.

What works for me:  I have six blanks, one Series 3, and one Series 3X set up with 8 different flavors. A couple of hits on each of 6 of them leaves me satisfied.  Sort of like starting with a couple of real tobacco flavors, then sweetening it up with a chocolate and cherry or grape or cola, then finishing it off with a green tea menthol and menthol to cool off the throat.  Very nice.  When I do get out, I grab 3 or 4 of them.  Works out well.  

Hindsight is 20/20, but sure wish I had started this years ago.  If the government/tobacco companies get together and try to make it impossible to vape, I am going to be seriously ticked off. 

@Philly_V2

Ah well it's good to know that I won't be shipped a "wrong version". But now that leaves me even more in the dark as to why these EX batteries work so pitifully bad. Another thing I forgot to mention was how hard it is to pull a hit out of these things. It's like trying to drink the worlds thickest milkshake through a tiny straw. I don't know, I can only hope that for whatever reason there's a problem, that the next ones will work the way they're supposed to. As for facilitating my replacements, it seems like me paying for the return is the only option on the table right now. If they had wanted to offer me something better I guess they would have by now. [sigh] I guess I'll just wait and see how it goes. Crossing my fingers that the replacements will work fine and that'll be the end of all this. 

Cjean
    @jwh

Thanks for the kind wishes friend. Best of luck with your friend getting his battery problems taken care of too :)

Cjean
    edited May 9
    @cjean,
    I hadn't noticed how tight the draw was on the ex blanks (new to vaping) until I tried my new toy. I won't put who or what it is, not sure what the forum policy is on mentioning V2 competitors, but I ordered a different type device from another manufacturer that has adjustable airflow...boy what a difference. It is probably similar to @rbarron316 's series 3x. It is larger and heavier than a cigarette however, so it won't have the same feel in your hand. But the draw can be adjusted and boy does it produce more vapor and more flavorful vapor, even using the v2 eliquid I got in the sample packs. Not sure if you have tried other type devices. Send me a PM if you want more detail on the device I ordered, just started using it last night, but I will give you my impressions so far. Hopefully they will get your order sorted out soon. Cheers.
    edited May 9
    @rbarron316,
    I have a similar routine, I have 4 or 5 ex blanks filled with liquid from the v2 sample packs that I puff a few off of each on the drive to work. Then switch over to the unnamed device from my previous post ;-) and enjoy a high VG liquid to cleanse my mouth / throat just before going in the office. This seems to get me to lunch time pretty well without any cravings. My co-workers wife is thrilled he has finally stopped cigs as well, he has also already mentioned breathing better and even sleeping better, can only attribute that to more oxygen obsorbing while sleeping maybe? Congrats on staying off cigs since march. Oh, tomorrow is your 2 month anniversary!...congrats. Hopefully all continues to go well for you. Cheers.
    @jwh

I started with v2 (or vapour2 as it's called in europe) February 3rd and a couple weeks later also got a big 75w deal from elsewhere that I like (air control is nice). However chemo made my mouth and stomach kinda weird. That big device started making me sick to my stomach. When I went back to my v2 standards I started looking into getting more batteries and the EX seemed ideal being a bit stronger and more battery life (looking nice doesn't hurt either). But I don't know if there's less airflow in my EX batteries because they're defective or whatever, or if they're just like that. I can say without a doubt that my standards give much more airflow and it's nice getting a good hit without having to fight for it. While waiting for the EX replacements I find myself using my defective EX (the short time that it works) and when I switch back to my v2 standard I feel so relieved to get a nice hit that feels just like a real cigarette. My how I long to enjoy an EX battery that gives a hit just as good or even better than a standard. I guess while waiting maybe I should explore dry herb vaping :) I'm sure that will pass the time. Oh what you said about your friend feeling better after switching to vapor, same thing for me. I stopped coughing and felt better within the first week. Good to hear I'm not the only one.

rbarron316 wow congrats on no smoking after 46 years!! That is remarkable. 

@cjean
     - it looks like Philly took care of you. Please keep us posted how the replacements go. We generally don't have inventory sitting in our warehouse for 2-3 years as it would cost us a lot. I don't think you were sent an older version product but I am taking a look into your comments. I am back as a full time moderator and my job is to monitor all feedback and try to identify the issue. It's important to note that we ship hundreds of thousands of products across the world every year.... the majority of these products work properly the amount of time they are advertised. But since they are tech products, there are still a percentage that can experience issues. Every single one of our customers, new one's and long-time shoppers, are important to us. I do apologize for the inconvenience. And the UK doesn't exactly makes things any easier for all of us in the vaping community. From my personal experience with my EX Batteries, the air flow is extremely powerful and the device is overall really durable. On behalf of V2 - I hope you recover and are doing well. It's a huge step to transition from tobacco to vaping so congrats on that! Let me or Philly know if you need anything else. I hope you keep us all updated on your new batteries and overall experience:)
    @cjean,

I received my 5th and 6th attempts at EX batteries last night. I gave them a charge and have tried one this morning, the draw feels the same as the previous ones so I'm not sure that will change for you unfortunately. I will see how the charge holds on these and update if I have any issues. I can tell you my co-workers ex batteries are not performing as advertised either. So that is 6 out of 6 EX batteries I have personally seen that do not work as advertised. Hopefully these two new ones work correctly. Good luck with that dry herb vaping ;) cheers!
    edited May 16
    Well, this will probably be my last time commenting on the forum.  I received my 5th and 6th ex batteries last week and neither of them work as advertised either.  One never fully charges and will not hold a charge of any kind for very long.  The other will turn on when you inhale but then never turn off.  You have to unscrew the EX blank to get it to turn off.  Both batteries get to 3 lights indicated for the battery level and then suddenly go dead.  So that is 8 out of 8 EX batteries I have seen in person and none of them work.  I will say that V2's customer service is very good (thanks again @Philly_V2 ) but it is unfortunately let down by an inferior product.  I do like the EX blanks and the travel case I ordered is useful as well.  Holds 4 blanks with no issues.  V2's customer service is the only reason I would come back, unfortunately their are a lot of competitors out there now with superior products, in my opinion anyway.  My co-worker and I have both moved on to other brands.  Thank you for the introduction to vaping V2, it has helped myself and my co-worker.  Happy vaping to all.  Cheers.

Okay I lied, one more comment.  So I just loaded up a brand new ex blank with sahara and put it on my battery to try and use up some of this V2 liquid I ordered.  Surprise!...it doesn't work.  Both batteries are as charged as they have ever been and they just blink all five lights.  Cartridge doesn't do anything.  So I guess now I have bad EX blanks as well.  The older blanks still work, but not the new one I just filled.  Bravo V2!
    @samantha

I received my delivery of 2 ex batteries this weekend and have been using them for a few days now. So far everything is going much better. I had to overlook the fact that a matte black automatic was sent instead of a manual, but at this point I'm simply glad to have something that works. And work it does. The airflow (most of the time) is just how it needs to be. Charges all the way up, the lights show when they should and go out when they should. The charge also lasts much larger than a standard v2. 

I'll be sending the old ones back soon and probably an update when the new ones have had more than a few days use. 

@jwh

That's an incredible unlucky streak. It's to the point where you must feel like you're playing one of those prize claw machines. Good luck man.
    @jwh

A couple of times I had to use a bent paper clip to dig under the battery connection on the EX blank.  Just move it around a bit on the underside around its circumference.  Then try and see if you get a good connection to your battery.  
    @jwh

I just sent you a notice regarding this. I am extremely concerned with your experience. I sent you a direct message because I want to make this right.
    Let's see what we can make happy as I am deeply concerned that you continue to experience problems.

Thank you,

Philly

@rbarron316, thanks for the heads up, I will give that a try.  Ha!...I went from "adjusting" my EX battery to "adjusting" by EX blank.  I can't win.  

@cjean, it does feel like one of those prize claw machines!  V2's customer service has been wonderful but the products so far from my experience have been frustrating.

@Philly_V2, I just sent a response to your message.  Thanks again for staying on top of things.