18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

Okay. Just trialed the new Series 3X.

rbarron316rbarron316 Posts: 47Member
edited May 3 in Member Stories
I already have the EX and Series 3.  

Really like the EX with blanks, but don't like the pre-filled cartridges. Draw is really weak.  I really don't like the EX batteries.  They have been nothing but problems from day one.  Have started using the V2 long cig batteries instead.  Those are great so far.  Long life and they work every time.

I really don't like the Series 3.  The draw is pretty abysmal.  You have to really draw and draw and draw to get any satisfaction.  I could take a 3 second draw on an EX and would have to take an 8-10 second multiple draw on the Series 3 to produce not even the same amount of vape.  I made a mistake in buying that.

Now, to the Series 3X.  Opened it up a few hours ago.  I do like the variable voltage and air flow adjustment.  It does make a vape difference.

Of note,

1.  When I opened everything up, I saw a rubber gasket covering the top of the liquid cartridge.  Called V2.  Does this come off or what?  No, it is designed to prevent leaks.  Well, the V2 liquid fits in the very little hole just fine, but the Black Note eyedropper could create a mess.  Just called to make sure the purpose of the gasket and that it was to remain there.

2.  Filled it with Black Note.  50/50%.  I had been advised earlier the 1.2 Ohm atomizer was good for 50/50% blends.  Filled three quarters of the way.  First draw, a mouthful of liquid.  Second draw, a mouthful of liquid. Changed the voltage settings.  Couldn't find the air flow settings.  After changing everything, multiple mouthfuls of liquid.  Called V2.  Assured them I didn't get any liquid in the center post, but I was getting nothing but liquid on every draw.  Recommended I let it sit for 40 minutes and to call back if that didn't work.  Figured it was to let it dry out.  Dunno. Also, asked about the air flow adjustment.  I saw no such thing.  He explained that I had to turn the ring below the mouthpiece.  Nothing was turning.  Had to take it apart from the cartridge and apply brute force to get it to twist.  Was like it was super-glued to the mouthpiece.  After getting it to break free, was able to twist it back and forth until it was somewhat operable.  Still can't get it to twist while sitting in the unit as it just unscrews from the cartridge. Perhaps my cartridge is defective as the air flow adjuster does not easily twist.    

3.  Waited an hour.  Took a draw.  Another mouthful of liquid.  Called V2. Explained everything.  Young man indicated it might be the 1.2 atomizer and maybe try the 0.9 atomizer.  So emptied the cartridge.  Blew through the center post to remove any liquid.  Put everything back together.  Set voltage on 3.  Set it wide open.  Wow.  Now this is how this should work and taste.  Very, very nice.  They believe, though, that I might have a faulty cartridge and are sending another.

After just ending 46 years of cigarette smoking, this entire vaping this is a new experience for me.  A lot of trial and error.  What I have learned, at least for me:

The EX blanks are great.  They can be easily cleaned a number of times. They produce a nice vape.

The EX batteries are duds, at least for me.

The V2 long batteries are great and last a long time.  No issues to date.

The Series 3 doesn't produce much vape.  I am using 2.4% on virtually all my stuff and there is way too much draw work involved in trying to get any hit.

The Series 3X is a winner for me.  Assuming there are no cartridge or atomizer issues, the draw on this is very good and vape production is great.

Finally , V2 customer service has been great for me so far.  They replaced a charger kit when something didn't charge properly.  Then, come to find out it was likely the battery that was the problem.  So, they replaced that. Then another battery with issues is being replaced.  Bottom line is they have been very attentive to customer issues.  I know some are upset by no coupons and out-of-stock issues, but for me, I just want a product that works properly.  I overcame the stock issues by just buying a bunch of liquid.  Too, they have enough sales to keep me happy.

Comments

• rbaker1009rbaker1009 Posts: 1,150Member
    Thanks for your review @rbarron316, great to hear you got your 3X working and it's a satisfying vape. 

I use the EX Blanks and batteries and have been happy with them. One of the reasons I stick with the EX is I can vape anywhere (and do) without anyone noticing me. Hospitals, court, theater ect.. Never so much as a raised eyebrow. I fear if I move to the PRO series I would lose my stealth :) 

I also agree that V2 customer service is great. While I have issues with the evolution of company policies, and sometimes product quality, I know the customer service agents must deal with decisions and products made by others and they do a great job considering. 

Appreciate you thoughtful review, happy vaping!
  • Matthew_V2Matthew_V2 Posts: 133Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hi @rbarron316 , thank you for your S3X Review!

We will review your feedback and pass along to our engineers for further consideration.

Some of the experience issues can be immediately remedied through clearer communication via manuals and video assets. 

For example, #2, we recommend you place the dropper flush with the cartridge opening to prevent making a mess with your e-juice.

Vaping with the S3X is a customizable experience, so while there are recommended settings and features, you are ultimately the one who will know which combination of settings works best for you.

Nonetheless, thank you for your feedback!
  • rbarron316rbarron316 Posts: 47Member
    Hi Matthew,

Bingo.  I'm invested in 3 of your devices:  EX, Series 3, Series 3X.  Along with a ton of your liquid.  Was brand spanking new to vaping.  So didn't have a clue other than what was portrayed in your user manuals accompanying the kits, feedback I read on the board, and the occasional phone call to V2.  

One thing that I found myself doing was Googling different actions to see if I could find an answer, preferably in a video format.  Often found videos from others that explained the process and sometimes remedies to certain things.  I think it would serve V2 well to have as many step-by-step instructional manuals and video assets as possible.   Maybe a troubleshooting area for common issues. 

As far as experimentation, I agree the user ultimately will have to make the call. But the new user, as I was, has to rely upon V2 expertise in getting things going. Which I did.  I used the 1.2 Ohm atomizer for a 50/50% blend as recommended to me by V2.  That didn't work for whatever reason, either bad cartridge or wrong atomizer.  They then suggested I try a 0.9 atomizer for that blend.  That worked.  It'll take a bit of trial and error.  Nature of the beast.

On filling a 3X cartridge using an eyedropper, yes, one has to be very careful. You ever hear of putting a square peg into a round hole?  Well, that's sort of the issue.  Trying to put a round hole (eyedropper) into a small rectangular hole. From a design standpoint, I might have put one of your rectangular holes on one side of the gasket and a round hole (allowing the tip of an eyedropper to fit on the other side).  This would still appear to prevent the cartridge from leaking, but allow allow filling using your standard V2 bottle nozzle or an eyedropper in other of your liquids.  Just my two cents.

In any event, I've learned a great deal the past two months.  Onward and upward.

• ScoxxScoxx Posts: 1Member

...I fear if I move to the PRO series I would lose my stealth :) 

The 3x has a Stealth Mode that dims the LED lights at the end but the light surrounding the button still comes on. All in all, this device produces much less light than the 3.

You toggle Stealth Mode with nine consecutive button clicks and locking the device returns the device to normal operation. 
  • rbarron316rbarron316 Posts: 47Member
    I think I just became disappointed.  A footnote has been placed under the Series 3X liquid cartridge ad.  I'm pretty sure it is new as I had researched these ad nauseum before committing to the Series 3X.

*Please allow filled cartridge to sit for at least 15 minutes before use. Discard after 40 refills.

I have no issues with the first part.  The second part seems to imply that the cartridges are only good for 40 refills.  As the cartridge sells for $44.99 and you are forced to get three different sized atomizers (which you may or may not use all sizes) as well, one could expect to pay this nearly every month.  For a single liquid cartridge.  A single Series 3 cartridge-$6.99.  A single Series 3X cartridge $44.99.

Someone please tell me they mean the atomizer is only good for 40 refills and not the cartridge itself.  If the latter and these can't be cleaned, then I may have made a huge mistake with the Series 3X.  

• Macgyver46Macgyver46 Posts: 37Member
    > @rbarron316 said:
    > I think I just became disappointed.  A footnote has been placed under the Series 3X liquid cartridge ad.  I'm pretty sure it is new as I had researched these ad nauseum before committing to the Series 3X.
    >
    > *Please allow filled cartridge to sit for at least 15 minutes before use. Discard after 40 refills.
    >
    > I have no issues with the first part.  The second part seems to imply that the cartridges are only good for 40 refills.  As the cartridge sells for $44.99 and you are forced to get three different sized atomizers (which you may or may not use all sizes) as well, one could expect to pay this nearly every month.  For a single liquid cartridge.  A single Series 3 cartridge-$6.99.  A single Series 3X cartridge $44.99.
    >
    > Someone please tell me they mean the atomizer is only good for 40 refills and not the cartridge itself.  If the latter and these can't be cleaned, then I may have made a huge mistake with the Series 3X.  

I to wonder about the massive price difference. I have just the S3X cartridge and hope only need to buy the atomizers for 3-6 months and new tanks 1-2 times a year at this price point. Don't get me wrong minus small issues getting started and issues with the gasket under the mouth piece the wife and I both love the S3X cartridge.
  • samanthasamantha Posts: 2,991Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hey @rbarron316 - thanks so much for your detailed review and feedback. I'm sure it will be very helpful to many other onlookers who visit the forum, but don't necessarily engage. I'm also glad to see that between the forum, online assets and our awesome customer service department, you have had a pretty good time learning and vaping with V2. I am going to check on the 40 uses per tank just to be safe.. but that sounds about right. 
  • Andries_V2cigsAndries_V2cigs Posts: 668Administrator admin
    Macgyver... only the coil must be changed every 40 fills.

Technically the S3X cart is less expensive to use than the disposable carts.
  • Macgyver46Macgyver46 Posts: 37Member
    > @Andries_V2cigs said:
    > Macgyver... only the coil must be changed every 40 fills.
    >
    > Technically the S3X cart is less expensive to use than the disposable carts.

Yeah we finally figured out how the S3X works etc. We ordered more atomizers and will be getting 2 more tanks soon since I forgot to add them to my last order.