18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

Say HELLO to the NEW V2 EX Blank Ceramic!

samanthasamantha Posts: 2,935Administrator, Moderator admin

Get the power and performance of your favorite blank, plus the improved vapor and flavor of a ceramic heater with V2 EX Blanks Ceramic. It’s a true marriage between the features of a tank and the convenience of a micro-cig. We even upgraded the mouthpiece to a more ergonomic angled design.

Compatible with high PG e-liquid, ceramic EX Blanks can be refilled up to 40 times before needing to be replaced. To use, simply fill with your favorite high PG e-liquid and allow the cartridge to sit for at least 15 minutes (for its first use). Then, attach to an EX or V2 Classic battery and enjoy!

*Order a pack of EX Blanks Ceramic and receive a free V2 Classic Standard Automatic White Battery with your purchase. Offer good while supplies last.

SHOP: https://www.v2.com/cartridges/ex-ceramic-blanks-for-eliquid-3-pack

Comments

• Navy20Navy20 Posts: 1,013Member ✭✭

As a long time user of the Classic EX e-Liquid Blank, I have ordered and anxiously await the arrival of this new Ceramic version.  

• rbaker1009rbaker1009 Posts: 1,133Member
    I'm curious as to how these will perform. Do report back @Navy20 with your impressions of longevity and vapor performance. I guess these are replacing the current wick blanks as opposed to being sold alongside the current wick blanks.
    @rbaker1009, upon receiving this item, I will post my impression . . . I do however, have a sincere hope that both versions will be made available, allowing us a choice of blank. 
  • samanthasamantha Posts: 2,935Administrator, Moderator admin
    Yes, please keep us posted on your thoughts about them @Navy20. I haven't tried them yet but I have heard great things from our R&D team. 
  • MSmith447MSmith447 Posts: 232Member
    Hmm interesting. I am looking into getting a bigger tank style vaporizer but these sound cool. I'll look out to see what Navy20 thinks about them.

@rbaker1009, @Samantha, @MSmith447 . . . Received the new EX Ceramic Blanks today . . .of course I had to try them right away.   I wanted to compare this Blank with the Classic e-Liquid Blank so I charged two (2) new Classic Batteries, filled a Classic Blank and this new Ceramic Blank with V2 Black e-Liquid and let the Blanks sit until the Batteries were fully charged.

The Ceramic Blank gave a thicker vapor and the flavor was improved as it tasted cleaner to me . . . of course taste can be very subjective. 

The mouthpiece on the Ceramic Blank is soft as compared to the Classic Blank which is hard.   For me, this may be good, as I carry my e-cig in my pants pocket and many a time I have stepped into my truck only to have the mouthpiece snap off. 

@rbaker1009, as for longevity, at this time it is difficult to determine.   Based on product description alone,  this Ceramic version should be up to four (4) times as many refills as the Classic Blank.  

In my use of the Classic Blank, I have never paid much attention to how many refills I got, nor did I ever attempt to clean one.   I refilled and used until the Blank no longer produced vapor then cast away and started with a new Blank.   

Would I recommend this Blank to my fellow vapors ?   Absolutely.

I will definitely buy this Ceramic Blank again, however, as I stated earlier, I sincerely hope that both versions will be made available, allowing us a choice of blank.

• Andries_V2cigsAndries_V2cigs Posts: 656Administrator admin
    Thanks for the great review Navy.... the ceramic structure and the coil is very different in the New Ceramic model, hence (as long as you don't let it get too dried out and refill before that happens) the new ceramics can definitely do 40 fills.
    @Andries_V2cigs,  I am just curious . . . is this Ceramic Blank to replace the Classic Blank or will both be available ?
    edited June 12
    We will continue to sell the Classic Blanks, EX Blanks, and EX Blank Ceramics... these are the three open system cartridges available for our cylindrical batteries (Classic and EX).... we also have Blanks available for Vertx. None of these SKUs are scheduled to be discontinued.

@Andries_V2cigs, Thank You for your reply . . . Greatly Appreciated.

Great and thorough review @Navy20! Thanks for sharing for others. We encourage anyone else to also share their experience. We are really excited about this product launch and are aiming to make these for dozens of refills and maximize vapor flavor.:)
  • jwm57jwm57 Posts: 24Member
    Just received my Ceramic blanks, I'll join  @Navy20 in my initial evaluation,
    but have a few reservations. BTW Navy, my naval time was 1957 - 1961. Ltjg. Murphy, USS Rooks (DD804).

Unlike Navy20 I've been cleaning and re-using my EX blanks and getting considerable life out of them. I can't really estimate how many refills, but quite a lot more than the 8-10 advertised. The wicks darken, but then clean out when soaked in water for a few days. But being disorganized I never keep track of which I've used how much so my choice of when to toss one away is a bit random.

I have eyeballed the amount of liquid each holds, the clear tube is the same length in each. The classic EX tube is partially blocked by the mid-point heating unit and the cords, the Ceramic tube is fully blocked at the bottom by the Ceramic unit. I'm sure that Ceramic unit absorbs a considerable amount of the liquid (during that 15 minute first time wait), but I am guessing that it holds somewhat less in total than the classic. Whether it is a lot less, and affects the true number of comparative refills, I could have figured out had I thought to look at my "fill level" at initial fill, then again after the 15 minute wait - but I didn't think of that.

Please pardon the ramble, I am an ancient nerd and love to learn things. I hope our fine administrators will follow up my questions. At the end of this pontification I'll say why I think I'm going to love this Ceramic blank.

Like Navy20 I was anxious to try my new Ceramic blanks, but unlike him I made the comparison with a re-cleaned classic EX that was half full of rather dark brown liquid (the one was using at the time). I swapped them on the same EX battery I was using (I have 3 of the EX automatics - one ready, one charging, and one in use). It was nice to get the classic automatic, and they added a long one with a button to the package. Good to have reserves.

I found the Ceramic, after the first couple of pulls, did give a fuller vapor. I found no difference in the taste (but then my taste buds are long gone <g>). I use V2 Red 1.8%.

I hadn't noticed that the tip on the Ceramic was soft until Navy20 mentioned it, good idea - I often have to shift my eCig to my pants pocket from my shirt pocket as I'm an amateur wood workworker and bend over a lot. One warning on that tip, it is shaped to fit your lip, but doesn't say which lip. The opening is offset to the long side of the curve, and I found I was "burning" my lower lip (not really burning, just slightly hot) as I was resting the curve on my lower lip. I was trying to pull the vapor through my lip. Illogical on my part, I am not FDR who always smoked his cigarettes in the holder with them sticking up. Most of us smoke, or vape, with the "cigarette" pointing down Put the curve on your upper lip and the opening is nicely in your mouth and quite comfortable.

Now to my preliminary assessment. It is possible that this Ceramic blank will end up being more expensive than the wick type blank in the long run, if you are one who cleans his wick type blanks - but only by a small amount. When you compare the cost of the cigarettes you gave up, and the convenience of not having to keep track of your wick type blanks, I think you will find this Ceramic blank a blessing. I have a 3 pack of the EX wicks not yet opened, I have opened and am using the first Ceramic in that 3 pack. I'm not going to try to count the fillings as I'll top off the Ceramic before it gets to the bottom (as I do with the wick types), but I'll try the wick type when this Ceramic goes south.

Which brings me to a last question for our Administrators. How will I know when my Ceramic is dying? With the wick type I see the brown in the wick, and the liquid turning brown as I use it. Will the Ceramic just "give up the ghost" and not produce vapor? Will the liquid take on a color as I use it? (I don't think so, the wick type does that as the coloration probably comes from the wick). What is the comparative process of vaporizing the liquid between the two methods?

My best to you all from an old fart who lost a leg at 73 from vascular disease and still didn't quit smoking - then finally quit and moved to V2 eCigs at 80 when the other leg was losing circulation. Nicotine contracts the capillaries, and is bad for you, but it is transient. The one thing about eCigs that the alarmists don't realize is that one gets much less overload of nicotine in one's system, and the contractions of the capillaries is brief. It is not that the nicotine is less, it is that less is consumed. Light a cigarette and you smoke the whole thing (unless you are very rich, or have a way to put it out and relight it). Take a puff from an eCig and you can put it back in your pocket.

The cigarette also has the various carcinogenics that are in the smoke, nicotine doesn't affect your lungs permanently, they do.

Again I beg pardon for the ramble, but this gets to those who would ban the eCig, or tax it out of existence. I have long experience with the topic, and if the eCig had been invented many years earlier I'd have two legs. I have been writing this for about an hour and a half (I write carefully, and think about what I'm saying). Had I still been smoking cigarettes I'd have smoked about 3 or 4 to their fullest - but I've taken about 20 puffs from my eCig in that time (and that mainly because I'm thinking about them). My nicotine consumption in that time is about 10% of what it would have been, and I've inhaled no carcinogens or other destructive substances.

• QuentinQuentin Posts: 43Member
    edited June 17
    Well I was ready to leave a rave review of the new ceramic blanks, Received my first 3 pack of the new blanks on June 12th, Filled one with Sahara 1.8, one with Red 1.8 and the last with their new flavor Black 1.7 which I love and let them set for 30 min's and have to say was very impressed with the increased vapor development and stronger flavor profile, As you can see I mix up my flavors during the day changing from one to the other so I'm not vaping the same flavor all day, Was so impressed had already thought of phasing out all my old ex blanks and changing over to nothing but the new ceramic EX blanks but now six days into  using the new ceramic blanks, the one I filled with Sahara 1.8 barely draws, very little vapor and taste burnt, the one I filled with Red 1.8 is suffering from the same issues hard to draw, very little vapor and a burnt taste the only one that is still working fine is the one filled with Black 1.7. I have not ran any of them dry actually refill when only half empty also made sure to use only fully charged batteries and the only batteries I use are the Classic extra long manual and automatic, Did realize that the manual one's seemed to work better, even broke out 2 new ones I had put up to use with these new ceramic blanks, As far as refills maybe 6-8 refills on each, at this point can not see these lasting through 40 refills, already tossed the one with Sahara 1.8 and probably going to toss the one with Red 1.8 if it doesn't improve, Which I don't see happening and at $24.95 a pack really thought I would get more use out of them.
    Oh and I had already ordered a second box of the new ceramic blanks before I realized what I know now, live and learn....
  • rbaker1009rbaker1009 Posts: 1,133Member
    Thanks @Quentin, appreciate your review. I'll have to pick some of these up and do a longevity comparison. At $10 more for a 3 pack I would want to see them lasting substantially longer than wick blanks. Navy20, jwm57 and your feedback is mixed so I'll try them once and see. 

Fortunately the beloved wick blanks will still be available. 
    Two days after my initial pontification. I"m sold. I've noticed the two little holes on each side of the metal can that holds the ceramic. I'd wondered why I saw a line of bubbles. I now see that there is a small variation in the diameter of the tube and that "can", and that the "juice" absorbs into the ceramic through them. I think I understand how this beastie works.

Unless something goes wrong in the next few weeks I'll stick with the new ceramic. The three remaining wick type EX blanks will remain in reserve for when I might forget to reorder in time. My re-used and cleaned wick blanks will find themselves sent to a decent burial.

Go for this Ceramic, and I think I can see when it dies. When the white of the little hole turns dark, as I guess it will, the Ceramic "wick" has had enough.

My compliments to V@, I'm sold on the Ceramic EX.

Hi @rbaker1009 good to hear from you again as far as the new ceramic blanks I was truly impressed upon my first use double the vapor and greatly improved flavor profile, It wasn't till 6 day's later that the 2 I mentioned well died on me and I know this contradicts the rest of this thread, Actually reading these reviews is what made me decide to order some of the new ceramic blanks.
    This is a new product I could have got a defective batch.

@Quentin, sorry to hear of your experience . . . I am currently on day 7 of the first Ceramic Blank that I have tried . . . thus far, still working quite well.    I have kept the same flavor in this blank (V2 Black, 2.4 %) for this duration.   I am only using this blank at home as of now.  

As you Quentin, I am refilling at about the half way mark . . . I top off upon retiring for the evening and resume its use upon arriving back  home after work.

I have been using the Classic Long Battery (Automatic) only.    I will say on average, I will refill at minimum, twice throughout the evening.   At minimum, at the half way point, I have refilled this Blank 14 times thus far.

It is difficult for me to state a longevity ratio, as I really don't give much thought about the refilling.   When I notice a diminished vapor, my first reaction is to switch to a fresh battery.    At that time, if I don't notice  (in my opinion) a decent vapor, I consider the blank done and toss.   As for the present, a fresh battery has kept me going.   I do not nor have I ever attempted to clean an EX e-Liquid Blank.    I consider the amount of time that I have gotten out of a Blank sufficient.    From a monetary standpoint, I consider the cost to have been well spent.

As with @jwm57, I am "sold" on this Ceramic Blank.    Please don't think that I have given up on the original EX e-Liquid Blank.    That Blank is awesome and has served me well.   I plan to use both and am grateful that V2 will continue to sell alongside one another, both blanks.    As @Quentin and @rbaker1009, have both pointed out,  there is a dollar ($) difference between the two.  

In my opinion,  (my opinion alone), I feel at this time,  that the increased cost is worth the experience difference.    However, what I value may very well and most likely, will be different from what another values.   I very much value the "improved mouthpiece" which is soft and flexible" and of course the "cleaner taste".   The "cleaner taste" alone,  was a big factor in my opinion of this Ceramic Blank.   As with anything, individual experience will vary.   

Thank you @Navy20 for the reply, I really loved the new Ceramic Blanks that's why it was so disappointing that 2 of them have died, I'm really hoping I just got a bad batch which can happen with a new product, I've got another box hoping these do better 
  • David1886David1886 Posts: 292Member
    @Navy20
    Hello my friend I am eagerly awaiting for the Ceramic Blank to be sold by V2 Australia stock is about 3 weeks away. I have tried the Ceramic Sub-ohm Series 3 cartridge in my old series 3 (Not the 3X with high VG and is fanatic but hard on battery use and looks like Ceramic is the next generation of cartridges and blanks. I have refilled the cartridge about 25 times and still going strong.

@David1886,

Nice to hear from you . . . please let us all know what you think about this Ceramic EX Blank.   I have heard many good things about ceramic coils that some of my vaping friends are using and they all swear by them.   That is why when V2 introduced the Ceramic EX Blank, I ordered right away.   Thus far, I am very pleased with the results.  However, as stated above, I plan to use both the original EX e-Liquid Blank and the new Ceramic EX Blank.  

I have not used my Series 3 in quite some time . . . I should order the Ceramic Sub-Ohm cartridge and give it a try.    I am debating on purchasing a Series 3X . . .there is nothing wrong with my Series 3, even though the 3X is more advanced than the Series 3, if I can use the Ceramic Sub-Ohm cartridge with the original Series 3, that would for at least now, satisfy me.   David,  may I ask, at what level do you refill your Series 3 Sub-Ohm cartridge ?   Can you define what you mean when you state "hard on battery use",  are you stating the high VG e-Liquid is hard on the battery use ?

@Navy20
    The Ceramic Sub-Ohm uses 0.9 ohm so uses more battery to heat up the thicker VG 80VG/20PG Liquid to the correct temperature the original wick tanks run at about 2.0 ohm so uses less power to heat the liquid . I am lucky as still had a new older Series 3 in the box looking at the 3X it appears to have a larger battery capacity and adjustable voltage obviously as you increase the voltage the lower the battery life. On a new older style Series 3 I get just under a full tank before charging I refill the tank when it gets to about 25%. This Ceramic tank also works well with a 50/50 liquid. I also am currently using my older style EX-Blanks as purchased 10 boxes from V2 USA when they had a sale but can't wait for the new Ceramic EX to arrive in Australia and even at the extra cost anything closer to the stated 40 refills would be fantastic I also don't use any dark liquid which also helps.

@David1886,

Thank You for your reply

It's probably too early for me to add to this, but I can't resist. Firstly, may I note that you guys are way ahead of me on on batteries and liquids - ohms and thick liquids?, I'm not familiar with them.

I assume I'm using the battery that @Navy20 calls the Classic Long Battery (Automatic), and I use the "Platinum liquid" V2 Red 1.8%. I think the battery was called the EX long when I ordered it. The five lighted dots on the tube tell me my charge condition - and in the several years I've been using this type of battery I haven't noticed a loss of vapor until the last dot was flashing. I've had one die (my first died of old age) and I replaced it. I use three batteries in rotation. I vaguely remember instructions to "smoke" them down to "no charge" then charge them fully in order to keep them healthy.

On the matter of the capacity of the ceramic cartridges, I'm finding I don't have to top them off as often as I did with the wick type - even though they appear to hold less fluid. That suggests to me that the ceramic "tank" absorbs quite bit of the liquid. I think I mentioned that I've seen a tiny chain of air bubbles coming out of the side holes in the tank now and then. I'm not suggesting that they consume less fluid per puff, just that there is more fluid in them than it appears.

Which brings up a possibility for @Quentin's problem with the ceramics failing to draw. This is pure speculation as I don't know the innards of the ceramic tank. He was using three cartridges at the same time to accommodate his three favorite flavors. On the assumption that he doesn't vape three times as much as we do there is a possibility that these ceramic cartridges clog when left idle for some time.

Clog may not the right word, and dry out is certainly not as there is fluid in the tank. We know, from observing the wick type blanks, that over time the wicks get "gunky". What if the "gunky" parts of the liquid within the ceramic tank gathered around the draw tube and "dried out", even though there was plenty of fluid in the tank. That would cause a difficulty in drawing, and a lack of vapor.

I hope the problem is faulty cartridges in an early batch, as this would be a fatal flaw in the ceramic cartridges for those who fill several and alternate their use. It won't affect me - I'm boring and stick with my one flavor and never leave my eCig idle.

• zemelyazemelya Posts: 6Member
    Well, I got my trial 3 as well. In general I am pretty impressed comparing to the standard blank sponge cartridges. However, after using it for a few days, one of them is busted after 1 refill. No vapor, acting like the battery is not charge, nothing at all, dead and this is a $6.00 waste. I did use an e-juice that thicker than regular so the second one I am using V2 e-juice I just bought. I was wondering if somebody else has the same experience using thicker e-juice. Also they are getting hot too fast. I will try to use stronger e-juice(using 1.8% now) so I don't have to vape as hard but 2.4% is a little bit too much. And sometimes I got an e-juice getting into the mouth a little bit, maybe vaping too hard.

Thank you for suggesting this forum, V2, lots of useful information for sure. Maybe somebody from administration will respond to the "dead" $6.00 cartridge.
    I love reading all of your reviews on our new ceramic blanks! Welcome @jwm57 and thank you for the thorough review! I am sure it is going to be immensely helpful to dozens, if not hundreds of lurking customers and potential customers who are trying to decide what device/carts to vape with. :) Also - thanks for your service to our country and I am so happy to hear V2 and e-cigs have helped you transition to the vapor life! I've talked with, probably hundreds of people, over the course of working for V2 and have heard so many similar stories. It really is something our entire executive team over here at V2 love to read/hear. You will also know when your ceramic blank is finished when you start to get a burnt taste. And if you can, try to know when you are coming up on your 40th vapor session. This is a bit subjective because some of us define "vapor session" differently. 

Also - quick note to anyone ordering the new ceramic blanks now... check out the last line in the product description and you will notice that you will receive an extra goodie with your order! This bonus text recently went up so if you didn't place your order before the 16th, you may not qualify. We try to offer bonus incentives like this when we can in an effort to show love to our customers. We also hope it helps offset some of the constructive criticism we have received regarding coupon codes. We hear you all and are trying our best to show our appreciation for your time/business!:) 

@Quentin - your ceramics should not be causing you issues on day 6 so this is bizarre. Unless you were vaping for 6-8+ hrs per day for 6 days in a row?? lol If this is not the case, let me talk to our operations team and get you resolved. Our R&D team spent a lot of time and resources designing the new ceramic blanks and I want you (and all customers!) to get the most out of them. I'll PM you.

David - I do hope you enjoy the ceramic blanks when you get them! Please do keep us all posted:)

Let me know if I missed anything else on this thread.

Zemelya... please contact CS... reference this post, as I have authorized that they send you a replacement.
    @zemelya - as our CEO above has mentioned, we are going to take care of you. One of our CS managers are in the process of calling you now. If now is not a good time, please let me know what date/time that we can call you and we will get you taken care of. Welcome to the forum and I am glad to have you! If you need anything at all, I am the admin and you can private message (PM) me any time with any inquiries/questions. Thank you for your feedback!
  • CJ57CJ57 Posts: 2Member
    Recieved my order on friday and first two lasted about two hours before losing vaper and extremely hot on the bottom and burned throught the battery. On the last one now expect to be on the ex classics tonight. Not happy and won't buy again.
    Oh no @CJ57. I am so sorry to hear that. We will absolutely send you a new order of blanks as that is not the typical experience. It sounds like there is some kind of malfunction going on... I am going to PM you once I have more details. Thank you for letting us know. We may also want you to ship back your blanks so we can test them and see what is going on with them.
    It could be an issue with the battery... we have not experienced problems here.
    edited June 20
    @samantha
    Looking forward to V2 Australia receiving the new EX-Ceramic blanks. I previously mentioned to @Andries_V2cigs about the high shipping cost to Australia as V2 USA is my preferred place to shop as great customer service and a huge range of products as a small order costs over $100.00 AUD and he said he would investigate shipping options as other USA vendors shipping cost is around $25.00-$50.00 AUD for a reasonable size order another example is another US vendor who have an Australian website and Priority shipping 6-12 days for 5 X 30ml bottles of liquid is only $22.95 AUD. Australia is now starting to support e-liquid sales with V2 Australia now selling liquid with nicotine.
    I've had the same experience as @CJ57 with my Ceramic Blanks as well didn't mention before just thought because they are ceramic coils they got hotter may explain why they burnt out in 6 days, mine would get so hot near the battery that I could not touch it and that is under normal use @samantha I change out my blanks during the day changing flavors the most I ever used one of the Ceramic Blanks for was maybe 30 mins and that was intermittent because of the heat build up
    Also on my last one from my first box have not opened my second box yet
    Really!! Just opened my other box of New $25 Dollar Ceramic Blanks filled one with V2 Gold and left it to set for 15 mins came back and every bit of juice had leaked out onto my coffee table, waste of money and expensive V2 juice not to mention a nice stain on my coffee table, Thanks V2
    So now that's three New Ceramic Blanks in the trash
    Quentin... I have been using those blanks everyday for weeks... not certain why you are experiencing such issues, I will get CS to contact you pronto.
    @Quentin - One of our CS managers are calling you now. Thank you for the feedback. Although it isn't typical and these products have gone through extensive R&D, we'll figure out what is going on and get this resolved. We can have you ship back your original blanks and replace them with new ones. No worries and thank you for your patience while we resolve this.
    edited June 20
    @David1886 - I have a wonderful update for you and all of our Australian customers:

We removed the Handling Fee and as a way of showing appreciation, we will be discounting our Express shipping option by 30%. You all can also thank Andries for this! :) This new discount is now live on V2.com at checkout. This is not an indefinite shipping rate, but it will last for some time to relieve our loyal Aussie customers. Hope this helps. Let me know if you or anyone else has any questions/concerns. Thank you. 

• murph99murph99 Posts: 237Member
    Well back on the forum after a number of years. Good to see some old acquaintances. Had given up on forum long ago as it seemed v2 gave up on it. Anyway looking good. Been w/v2 for well over three years, and other than inventory problems that still come and go I have been satisfied with v2. Answering phone almost immediately and handling problems.

OK this is about the new blank, so...thanks for the feedback. I used to clean carts, but basically gave up on that. Don''t count the number of refills I get on the EX blanks, but much more than suggested. I do want to try the ceramic, but would like to see some more feedback. Thanks for re-vamping the forum!
    @samantha @Andries_V2cigs
    Thanks that is fantastic news and please also thank Andries I will let all my friends know I was always a loyal V2 USA Customer and the reduced shipping cost will help greatly as the $30% is in USD and with the exchange rates is a  huge saving. :) :)
    @murph99
    Glad to see you back on the forum it's been a long time and with the return of Samantha lots of regulars that vanished are slowly returning as the revamp has created lots of valuable information and suggestions.
    @samantha
    I just attempted to place a test order and received the following message at checkout.

Unfortunately one or more items in your cart can't be shipped to your location. Please choose a different shipping address. Edit Cart

• V2 VERTX Flavor Cartridges (3-Pack)
    • VERTX Kit
    • Series 3 VG Sub-Ohm Ceramic Liquid Cartridge

I am on Day 10 . . . I have taken this week off from work, so being at home and working out in the yard, I am vaping more than if I were at my place of employment.   
    I am using the same Ceramic Blank that I began using on the evening of June 10.   I have at this time 25 refills at or about the half-way mark of the Blank.   The only thing I am changing is the battery . . .  (not the battery type but replacing with a freshly charged battery when I notice a diminishing vapor).   I am thus far very pleased.
    David... what state are you trying to ship to?
    @Andries_V2cigs
    In Queensland you are able to buy equipment and vaporizers the only thing that is illegal is to possess e-liquid which contains Nicotine. I am able to add to the cart complete Series 3 & 3X without issues but it will not allow me to order Blank EX or Series 3 accessories.

The law has recent changed  and the link supplied is from 1st July 2017 from the Queensland Government.                                                   

https://www.qld.gov.au/health/staying-healthy/atods/smoking/devices/

Glad to see our administrators (@samantha and @Andries) back aboard, particularly now that the @Quentin problem has been shared by @zemalya and @CJ57. I'm still with @Navy20 in my experience, although not quite as far into it. He is on day 10 of his first cartridge, I'm on day 5.

I am an inveterate analyst, my domain name (MurphSays.com) comes from wisecracks by friends many years ago as I expanded on simple questions - "here it comes, Chapter 13 of Murph Says". But sometimes it can be useful, so I'll continue.

I notice that all three of those who are reporting difficulty with the ceramic cartridge mention excessive heat at the base of the cartridge. My experience has been the opposite, I've found the ceramic heats up less than the wick type. The opens the suggestion of a quality control problem that should be brought to the engineers. I don't know the internals of the cartridge, obviously, but can assume that it contains a heating element and a porous ceramic core that absorbs the liquid - and holes that connect the core to the air passage. The draw on the air passage activates the heating element and creates the vapor from the absorbed liquid which now joins the drawn air and gives us our "vape".

I have just done a test, I puffed and puffed and puffed (without inhaling <g>) to see how hot my ceramic would become. It came nowhere close to the warmth of the wick type. This suggests that whatever flaw there is in the "bad cartridges" it has to do with the heat in some way. It could be that the ceramic core itself is inconsistent in porousity (or may have open "pockets" which overheat) or that the heating element itself is at fault.

Early in the thread @Andries suggested a possible problem with the battery - I think that that can be eliminated as the problem.

Oops, I missed one problem description - that of @Quentin's second box of cartridges. He filled the cartridge and put it aside for the 15 minute "soak". The liquid leaked out onto his coffee table. Assuming he had screwed the cartridge into the battery there is only one route for the liquid to get out. There are the two tiny slots where the cartridge meets the soft washer on the battery, they are the air intakes when you draw on the eCig. For him to get leakage of the liquid, and a significant amount of the liquid apparently, the ceramic core of the cartridge must have been incomplete. And very incomplete, for a lot of liquid to leak out just from gravity when the eCig is lying on its side.

I think the quality control people should look at the process of filling the porous ceramic into the "can" of the heating element. The symptoms point to that.
    Thank you everyone for your input and help, All has been resolved with Philly at customer service which was excellent as usual, So thank you @samantha and @Andries_V2cigs for your help.
    This one is for fun, not relevant to vaping. I separate it from my long previous one intentionally. As a Murphy I'm quite familiar with Murphy's Law.

In the early sixties, after college and Naval service, I went to work for IBM. Back then computers were mainly big ones, and most DP installations involved punched cards. Even the computer input came from punched cards as direct keyboard entry was years away. The key punch was the device that created the punched cards - it is in museums now <g>.

The key punch had a duplicating ability, it could read a card in one part of the slot and punch in another. A common application was using a card with basic customer information as input (a permanent card from file) and putting a blank in the punch slot so as to dupe the basics then key in the details of the transaction.

One our our customer engineers (the IBM euphemism for mechanical techs) kept getting called back to one customer site as a key punch kept on "skipping out" the basic card before the dupe card could be put in the slot. He took the machine apart, several times, nothing was wrong with it. Finally he decided to come in and watch the operator to see if it happened. He sat there for an hour or so before the machine "failed". He realized the problem.

The young lady was left handed, the dupe cards were on shelves to her right (different colors for different uses). She was "well endowed", and wore the fifties style "bullet bras" (for you younger folk, Madonna wasn't the first to use them). The "skip" key was at the bottom right of the keyboard. Need I say more? Picture someone reaching across with their left hand to the shelf on their right while sitting at the keyboard and wearing a garment that is "made of steel".

An amusing story, yes, but also a lesson in debugging that I used often over my long career in various things (some would call it a "speckled career", I call it a "varied experience"). Make no assumptions, look at all the symptoms. I've a stack of stories over the years.

And I send that to our administrators for their conversations with the process control people. You have a product that works well for some of we early reviewers, but badly for others. The probable problem is a flaw in process control, given the symptoms.
  • rbarron316rbarron316 Posts: 43Member
    @Quentin

Agree on website.  Ever since they updated it a few days ago, cannot use it in Chrome (the age verification popup doesn't pop up) unless I log in under an incognito Chrome page.  Half the pages are just placeholders.  Can't use buttons, etc.,  Tried Firefox.  Works fine.  Tried Explorer you get a popup that says I need to update my browser to use, but I have the most current IE browser.  Something is amiss.