18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

Shopping V2.com Just Got Easier... Check out the NEW look!

samanthasamantha Posts: 2,991Administrator, Moderator admin
edited June 23 in Upgraded V2

Now it is even easier to buy vaporizers and ejuice from your mobile device at v2.com. In an effort to better improve the online V2 user experience, we have just launched a new https://www.v2.com!

This new site features streamlined design, improved navigation and an upgraded mobile experience.

Please check it out from your mobile device or laptop/desktop and let us know if you have any questions or feedback!

Tagged:

Comments

• sonicbluuesonicbluue Posts: 9Member
    Easier?  Oh no no no you didn't make it easier.  Maybe for those who use their phones for everything,  but not for the people who don't own smart phones.  Why would you change your site like that?  I have never heard of a company who's website doesn't work with all browsers.  Why would you make your customers do that?  I'm supposed to be inconvenienced in order to purchase form you?  I will have to do my ordering by phone if I decide to stay with you.  I will not change my browser because of one company.   I purchase items from Amazon, e-bay, etc.  If I change browsers I run the risk of losing all my passwords for other companies.  Google Chrome and Firefox are one big virus.  I'm looking for a place where I can just go in person to buy my liquid or just switch brands.  If you want to cater to one crowd I guess you've succeeded.  This is flat out ridiculous.  I really would love to hear what your reasoning is.
  • rbaker1009rbaker1009 Posts: 1,150Member
    My desktop operating system is the current version of Windows 10 with the Microsoft's Edge browser and I am not having any issues. It would help V2 troubleshoot if those posting here with issues stated what operating system and browser they are having problems with. 

I find the new site easier to navigate, and most importantly, much easier to comparison shop and customize eLiquids. There are a few surprises like having to go to accessories to find batteries, not particularly intuitive.

Overall, big improvement in my shopping experience and much needed with the explosion of choice on the site.

@rbaker1009 ; I guess you're one of the lucky ones.  I can't order, check reviews, most of the descriptions are blurred out, and when I click on something nothing happens.  The only reason I can check my order is because I had the page saved in my favorites.  I just keep getting the notice saying my browser is not compatible and for me to change to Chrome or Firefox.  Someone mentioned in another thread (it was off topic) that they were having problems too.  I didn't bring it up,  they did. 

I have Windows 7 , I hated 10, and have the latest version of IE.  I have no problems with any other site.    That should tell you something.  I can't understand (and never heard of) a company choosing a website that require customers, those who don't already have the browsers mentioned, to alter their computers' operating system just for them.   This site is absolutely unusable to me.  Unless you think looking at pictures and prices is acceptable. 

Just out of curiosity,  why should my operating system and  browser make that much of a difference?  I understand that if it's an outdated computer/running system (my laptop is 2yrs, old) it would have trouble with loading time.   

I wish someone would explain to me why I don't have ANY trouble with any of the many websites that I shop at or just use for info.  They change/update their sites all the time without causing problems.  V2 is the only one that has required me to change my browser.

I have accounts with Amazon, e-bay, Petsmart, Petco, Walmart, Home Depot, Chewy, Vic Secret,  and a few  smaller companies.  Except for food,  I do almost all my shopping on line.  I do not have on-line access with my phone which I suspect is their target.

Don't assume that because you're not getting complaints, that everyone is satisfied.   Most people don't bother complaining because they know is doesn't help. Especially if they can buy at a smoke shop.  I rarely post.  I think I've posted 3 other times and 1 of them was about the new website.  This makes 4.

It really stinks that I won't be able to see the descriptions of any new items.  I guess I'll be ordering by phone from now on..

• rbaker1009rbaker1009 Posts: 1,150Member
    Hey @sonicbluue I sympathize with you nothing more annoying than computer gremlins.

You and @rbarron316 both have IE 11 and are reporting glitches so I'm certain the web team will get this and run some additional testing. V2 wants a pleasant shopping experience, especially online which is why they redesigned the site. Its not uncommon when rolling out a redesigned website to have glitches when trying to work across all platforms despite best efforts and extensive testing.  

@rbarron316 gave a good description of how to get the site working with IE 11 so I'm sure V2 will get it sorted soon.

(PS: try Amazon Fresh for grocery delivery, it's really good and super easy)

I really hope they do.  I hate phoning in an order.  I'm just spoiled I guess.

I've heard of Amazon Fresh.  I haven't tried it yet.  I guess I was waiting to see how well it flew.  I'll give it a look see.

Thanks.

@rbaker1009 ;Thanks for the tip.  I went back and read rbarron316.  I did what he suggested and I'm all set.  Yay.
    Update  It seems I may have to do this very time I log on.  That's ok,  it's better than changing browsers.
  • samanthasamantha Posts: 2,991Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hey @sonicbluue
    Sorry I'm late to this convo. Thank you for the feedback-- it is invaluable to our tech team. When we launched the new site, there were a few hiccups, which is common with many huge tech launches. Although it sounds like you have things resolved thanks to our wonderful forum members (@rbarron316 and @rbaker1009), you may need to clear your browser history for things to work smoothly. V2.com was designed to work on all browsers so I agree with you - folks shouldn't have to re-do their online searching preferences to shop with us. We want to cater to all of our customers... the new site is designed to be more user-friendly on a desktop/laptop, but especially on a mobile device. A huge amount of our online traffic/customers visits our site from some kind of mobile device. Our goal was to improve the mobile experience while keeping/improving the desktop experience. Let me know if there is anything I can assist with. I hope we can keep you with V2 and we're happy to have you apart of the V2 forum community! :) 
  • AngelV2AngelV2 Posts: 4Member, Moderator
    edited June 26
    Hey folks, we ran into a few snags with our cross browser testing but we're working hard to ensure that we support all of the latest browsers. Due to some technical issues we weren't able to include 100% IE11 compatibility in this first release, but we're currently improving the site so that we can remove that unsupported message from IE11. We understand how inconvenient it would be to switch your browser just for one site and it isn't what we intended at all :smile:

IE11 compatibility will be out as soon as possible, so we appreciate the patience! Until then, @rbarron316 shared a workaround that might work for you (Pasted at the end of this reply). However, everyones machine is different, so if any actions are failing for you on IE11, we suggest trying in Chrome or Firefox to see if the same issue occurs (Or, if you prefer a Microsoft browser and are on Windows 10, try Edge). 

Also, please ensure that you are also using the latest version of whatever browser you choose. We noticed some errors which happened in previous versions of Chrome and Firefox which do not occur when you update them to the latest version available. At the time of this post it's Chrome 59, Firefox 54, Edge 15, and Safari 10.1.

It seems like @rbarron316's advice is working for some of you so I'll post that here if you want to try to use the site in IE11:
    I finally got the website to work in Internet Explorer 11, Windows 7.  It is a roundabout way, but it works. Clear all history, as I had been doing, before starting.

When you go into it, you get the standard message:
    "You are using a browser which is not fully supported
    Please change or upgrade your browser to improve your experience. (We suggest Chrome or Firefox)
    I Understand) "

You click I Understand (it takes a little bit for the script to run and being able to click it.  There is an error message about v2 running a too long script) to get onto your website.  Then click the age verification box.  The website is still frozen.  Then click Tools in Explorer Menu Bar.  Then select Compatibility View Settings. Select v2.com. Then click Add.  Click Close.  Page will refresh or should refresh.  It will look a little weird.  Go back into Compatibility View Settings. Select v2.com.  Then click Remove.  Click Close. Page will refresh.

At this point, everything will then work and look normal.  No ifs, ands, or buts.  I tested it thrice and it does the trick each time.  I had to do this each time I went into the site, but it only added about 30 seconds of my time for it to be fully operational.  No big whoop.

We on the V2 dev team check these forums regularly for any feedback or issues which you all might have, and we appreciate the time you take to post and keep us informed from the customer side of things.

Happy Vaping,

Angel

V2 Dev

• samanthasamantha Posts: 2,991Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hi all - Welcome Angel from the tech department here at V2:) See message above^^^

We greatly appreciate your patience and feedback while the complete implementation of our new site is processed. 
  • Andries_V2cigsAndries_V2cigs Posts: 668Administrator admin
    Is it working for all now?
  • MSmith447MSmith447 Posts: 232Member
    Working for me  :p
  • ranmanranman Posts: 1Member
    I find the new website pretty annoying.  Using Firefox with Win 7 it took me forever to find what I wanted, and then place an order.  Nothing complicated here, just a 40 pack of standard V2 cartridges. 

Here's what I got.

First the main page.  Then I click on the cartridges icon / link.  That took me to a page with all the carts listed.  I click on the one I want and another page pops up with a check mark next to my selected type of cart.  And that's it, a dead end with no next step button or link.  After much clicking I finally got to a page where I could order what I wanted, but I can't tell you quite how I got there.

Once there I still have to select each pack individually.  I realize you need to be able to mix and match, but for those of us who just want to order a multi-pack of one type why is there no obvious way to just make them all the same and click "order".  This can't be hard.  Really.

Also, one truly annoying thing is you can't just duplicate your last order, instead you have to go through the whole process every time, and now it's more confusing then ever.

Just my .02....
  • AngelV2AngelV2 Posts: 4Member, Moderator
    edited September 5
    @ranman

Sorry to hear your shopping experience could've been better, but also glad to hear it since that means now we have a chance for improvement!
    I click on the one I want and another page pops up with a check mark next to my selected type of cart. And that's it, a dead end with no next step button or link. After much clicking I finally got to a page where I could order what I wanted, but I can't tell you quite how I got there.

I believe at this point you are referring to the category filter page, correct? On the left side it shows all category filters with check boxes and on the right it shows a list of product "cards" with images, prices, and a call to action for each. 

Do you believe the calls to action (the orange "Customize," or "Add to Cart" buttons) aren't clear enough? They are the main method to proceeding to either customizing and adding to cart or navigating to the product page for more information. The other methods are by clicking the "More details" link, or by clicking directly on the product image. We'll look into ways to improve visibility for the call to action buttons and making it more clear to the user on how to proceed. Thanks for this feedback!

(If there were no product cards, there might be another issue at hand. If this is the case do you mind replying with a link to the page you saw so that we can investigate?)

Once there I still have to select each pack individually.  I realize you need to be able to mix and match, but for those of us who just want to order a multi-pack of one type why is there no obvious way to just make them all the same and click "order". 

There's currently no way to make them the same, which is a shame! This is a great feature, maybe a checkmark on the first pack that says "Use the same options for all packs" would do the trick. This would definitely make buying larger packs easier and more streamlined. Thanks for this suggestion!

Also, one truly annoying thing is you can't just duplicate your last order, instead you have to go through the whole process every time, and now it's more confusing then ever.

And there's no reason why we can't have a "Reorder" button on the order summary page. This is a great idea available on many online stores, and would make reordering the same flavors such a breeze. Another fantastic feature suggestion to add to our plans!

Thank for all the suggestions @ranman, we appreciate the opportunities for growth that our customers reveal by sharing their shopping experiences and giving us feedback!

Happy Vaping!

Angel

V2 Dev