18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

Fill line on S3X cartridges

Is there a fill line on the S3X cartridges? On the first fill I went just above the fat part, and got a horrible gurgling noise. Just refilled it again and went just below the fat part, I got a mouthful of e-liquid!! No liquid got in the hole, I've used every product v2 came out with since 2011 never experienced this particular problem before! Please help!
Tagged:

Comments

• rbarron316rbarron316 Posts: 49Member
    edited July 9
    @nancyla56

Hey.  When I tried my very first S3x a couple of months ago and on very first cartridge, I got gurgling and mouth full of liquid each draw.  Was using a 0.9 Ohm atomizer.  Cleaned it out.  Let it dry.  Blew it out to make sure no liquid left in chamber.  Switched it to 1.2 Ohm.  The fill line is just above the fat part.  Took care of the problem, although the cartridge ended up proving defective as the mouthpiece was welded to the air-flow ring and couldn't be adjusted.

What liquid are you using?  I have three S3x in use.  Coffee, vanilla, cherry (2.4% on all).  They are mostly PG.  Each using 1.2 Ohm atomizer, filled just above fat part, voltage set at 2 or 3, and air-flow set at 3rd of 4 positions.  Just before completely open.  Nice vape, nice throat hits, minimal to no gurgling.

• nancyla56nancyla56 Posts: 28Member

Thank You, Rbarron316,

I waited 3 months to buy mine, because that's how long it took to work the kinks out of S3PRO ; )! Now I have 4 and I still have problems with the cartridges leaking! from the bottom!

I really like my PRO S3X, however I have to get my husband to adjust the airflow to 1 or 2 holes...maybe, like yours, the cartridge is defective!  We have to remove the cartridge AND turn the airflow adjuster REALLY hard just to get the draw I'm use to. 

I'm using chocolate 1.8, voltage set at 3 and the 1.5 0hm atomizer.  In my regular PRO S3, I love to mix my Chocolate 1.8 with menthol 1.2 it taste like a Peppermint Patty!  I ordered a small bottle of peppermint, haven't tried it yet.

You mentioned changing/replacing atomizers, I bought 3 extra 1.5ohm. How can I tell when to replace or change one?   Thank You Rbarron316 for all your help!!      Nancyla56                                            

• rbaker1009rbaker1009 Posts: 1,150Member
    Haha Peppermint Patty sounds good. I like my Cherry Coke frankenmix: Cherry + Vanilla + Cola :)
    edited July 10
    @nancyla56

Ok, if you have a mouthpiece that feels like it is welded to the the airflow ring and can't be twisted unless by brute force or not at all, it is defective.  The air-flow ring should twist pretty easily.  You might have received a defective one like I did. Keeping mine as a souvenir.  Too, it should not leak from the bottom. Not sure if you mean where the contacts screw into the bottom of the cartridge or out of the contact's bottom.  Make sure you screw the contacts tightly into the bottom of the cartridge.  Not wrench tight, but fairly tight.  

If you are using Chocolate 1.8%, I would first make sure you are using a cartridge where the air-flow ring twists easily in the mouthpiece.  Just to make sure you don't have a defective cartridge.  Then, I would use a 1.2 Ohm atomizer.  I've tried 1.5 Ohm atomizers and it will burn/gurgle too much no matter what settings I use.  I, too, had initially bought 3 extra 1.5 Ohm atomizers that I won't ever be using (except in a pinch), in all likelihood.  I let my juice sit for an hour after filling my cartridge just above the fat part discussed earlier. Again, the Chocolate has pretty much the same ingredients (viscosity) as the Cherry, Vanilla, and Coffee.   I currently have them in my three S3x.  Also have a supply of Chocolate.  Run it with voltage on 2 initially. On the air-flow, just start at 1 and move it up to the 4th slot until you get the right vape/throat hit combo you are seeking.  On the air-flow adjustment, I always take my cartridge out of the vaporizer and adjust the air-flow. To me, it seems there is too much twisting/pressure on the cartridge inside the vaporizer if you try to adjust the air-flow setting when the cartridge is inside the vaporizer.  That can't be good for the vaporizer or the cartridge.  I had a cartridge separate into two pieces while inside the vaporizer.  Don't know if the cartridge was just defective or twisting the air-flow ring split the cartridge into two pieces.  Dunno.  Just not taking any chances.    

If you are gurgling it, then back off the voltage and air-flow a bit. Too, make sure you don't get any liquid in the center post.  Yeah, liquid can empty out of the fill holes and into the mouthpiece if the vaporizer is too full or the mouthpiece is pointed down. That's an automatic gurgle.  Would need to empty it out, clean it out, blow it out, and put it back into service.  I keep all of my S3x pointed upward at all times to make sure nothing leaks into the mouthpiece.  If liquid can go into the fill holes, it can come out of the fill holes.

If you have your original atomizers, they gave you one size of each, you might still have your 1.2 Ohm to use. I clean my atomizers every so often.  Actually, I don't wait for anything bad (flavor-wise) to happen to the atomizer.  I just clean them every couple of weeks.  Have a recipe I use to clean them.  

I have no doubt that everyone's experience will differ.  Key is to make sure you aren't trying to use a defective cartridge.  Then make sure you've got an atomizer that suits the liquid you are using.  Finally, fine tune the voltage and air-flow to find nirvana.   

hi rbarron316! I tried everything you suggested except switching the atomizer from 1.5 ohm to 1.2. I can't unscrew the 1.5 off the cartridge. I'm thinking the cartridge, like yours is BAD!! What's the recipe you use to clean yours?  I've only mine 2-3 days!!!  I just refilled my cartridge and am using 3 old v2 PRO series 3.  When I said they leaked from the bottom, I was referring to these cartridges.  I made 2 orders recently; the first 6 cartridges say MFG| 6-16-2016, I've had no leaking with these cartridges. the last 6 I bought say MFG| 12-18-2014; EVERY ONE OF THEM LEAKED into the battery!! Of course I called CS, they comped  me 4 cartridges total all 4 had the same MFG|12-18-2014;and yes they all LEAKED! I was given store credit for the last 2.

That's why I was so excited to buy the v2PRO Series 3X...They said the cartridges won't leak!  I,too keep  my batteries upright in a slender coffee cup on the  bottom I cut a paper towel folded  in 1//2 to give the metal charge port some padding.

How many different v2  products are you using? I use them all except the v2 blanks and any automatic battery! I love the v2 EX blanks with the manual standard battery                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Once again, thank you for your help!!!         Nancyla56 : )  

edited July 10
    Hi nancyla56,

I believe I am totally confused.  Not exactly sure we are talking about the same thing.  Are you talking about the Series 3 cartridges or the Series 3x cartridges?  What is leaking, the Series 3 or Series 3x?  I've been talking about the new Series 3x cartridges. If you are talking about the Series 3 cartridges, then you can't replace the atomizers in them. They are built in.  Too, those should be used for PG only.  They have a separate Series 3 ceramic cartridge for VG only. You've got me wondering now because you indicate two purchases of 6 cartridges, or a total of 12.  The Series 3x cartridges are $45 each.  Too, if the manufacture date was December 2014, then it couldn't be the Series 3x as they weren't made then.  If you bought 12 Series 3x cartridges, please put me down that I want you as my secret Santa.

At the bottom of the 3x cartridge, you have to unscrew the contact piece.  It may be on there tight, but it will unscrew.  The contact piece is screwed into the atomizer.  Unscrew the atomizer from the contact piece, screw on your new atomizer, and then screw the contact piece (with the atomizer screwed on) to the bottom or your 3x cartridge.  Again, screw it back on firmly (so no leaks), but not wrench tight.

As far as products I am using:

1 V2 long manual battery with pre-filled Zig Zag
    6 V2 long manual batteries using EX blanks 
    1 Series 3 vaporizer
    3 Series 3x vaporizers  

Alternate probably 20 different flavors and have all 11 devices loaded at the same time.  For cleaning I bathe the blanks, atomizers, mouthpieces, cartridges (everything disassembled) in 80 proof vodka overnight.  Then rinse them off and bathe them in hydrogen peroxide (including the 3x contact piece) overnight again.  Rinse them off again, blow them out (until no liquid comes out any longer) and quick dry with hairdryer. Then leave them sit unassembled in the open overnight.  Once re-filled, I let them sit for at least an hour before using so that it is totally saturated.  It'll take a few puffs to get them cooking again, but once they do, good as new.
    LOL! I was talking about BOTH, S3 and S3X!! I did buy 12 of the Series 3 cartridges. The first batch said MFG | 2016. The most recent said MFG | 2014!!! It is the ones that were manufactured in 2014 that all leak from the bottom. I bought those about six weeks ago! But other than that I really like my S3PRO.
    My series 3X pro is what I'm having trouble with. Last night, after much trouble, I finally was able to remove the 1.5 Atomizer and replaced it with the 1.2 ohm. To summarize I now have the 1.2 Ohm atomizer, I set the airflow to one hole and the voltage or temperature control to two lights. I lost all the liquid I put in there so I refilled it I let it sit overnight. It seems to be working much better! Right now I'm using:
    4 manual standard length batteries ; 1 pre-filled chocolate 1.8 cartridge, 3 w/ EX BLANKS 2 w/1/2menthol 1/2chocolate and 1 with chocolate; 2 series 3pro 1 Choc. 1 menthol/choc mix,; 1 chocolate
    1 S3X chocolate (thanks to you it's working!!). I do not have any vodka, can I use regular alcohol to clean my 1.5 ohm Atomizer?? I also have lots of batteries including 2 S3 PRO on standby!
    Thanks rbarron316! nancyla56
    edited July 11
    @nancyla56

Well, well, well.  Checked my unopened inventory.  I too have 3 unopened boxes that I purchased 3 or so months ago of an S3 cartridge made in Dec 2014.  One other unopened box with a ceramic S3 made in Dec 2016.  Hmm.  Will have to see whether the older cartridges leak, as do yours.  It may take some time as I have so many EX blanks and S3x cartridges in use right now.

Glad you were able to get your S3x to work.  It takes a bit of work to find the right combos in viscosity, voltage, and air-flow.

As far as cleaning, not sure what, if any, science went into the concept of cleaning with vodka when I saw others doing that online. Perhaps the strength and clearness of the alcohol.  I probably wouldn't use a dark alcohol or something with a distinct or strong taste that may transfer over to your device. Perhaps it's because it is cheap, $8 US for one liter.  I originally just soaked in hydrogen peroxide.  Then switched to just vodka.  Then went to vodka first soaking and then hydrogen peroxide second soaking to kill off any vodka smell/taste on the wicks/atomizers.  Seems to be working for me.

Note, I wouldn't use rubbing alcohol if that is what you are getting at when you say regular alcohol.  The properties are a bit different.  Hydrogen peroxide can be used as an oral rinse and also is considered a bleaching agent.  

Finally, you might consider opening the air-flow adjustment to the 2nd or 3rd slot.  I find on the first or second slot, after a bit, that you just have to draw too hard to get a good hit or flavor as you would easily get from the 3rd or fully open slot. Again, it will vary based upon the liquid you are using.  Sometimes it varies based upon day of the week or hour of the day.  These things seem to have a mind of their own.

I was talking about rubbing alcohol! I guess that would leave too strong of a taste. Did you notice that your liquid seems to evaporate faster in you S3X than your S3? I noticed the flavor is more "pure" ( more chocolate) in S3X!! Nothing bad to say about that
    nancyla56
    @rbarron316
    I was writing, unfortunately a red line blocked the "post the comment"?? Has that happened to you? Do you think the S3 cartridge holds twice as much as
    S3X? If the 3X just needs Topped off, 1/2 empty, do I need let it sit? Once again,
    rbarron316, THANK YOU! nancyla56
    @nancyla56

Rubbing alcohol is highly toxic and shouldn't go anywhere near your eyes or mouth.  I really wouldn't consider using that to clean these.  Hydrogen peroxide, while somewhat similar, is safe enough to use for gargling, so am not concerned about my cartridge components coming into contact with it for cleaning purposes.

Burn rate in S3x vs S3, are you talking about the vaporizer or the cartridge or both?  There are so many combinations:  S3 vaporizer/S3 cartridge (for me, I rarely use as I cannot produce much vape without an inordinate amount of puffs), S3 vaporizer/S3x cartridge (works okay with the air-flow settings. Not perfect as I still have to work too hard for adequate vape), S3x vaporizer/S3x cartridge (works very well, but really depends on the liquid used), S3x vaporizer/S3 cartridge (can only adjust voltage.  Sometimes hard to generate enough vape). Then throw in all the different settings on the vaporizer and the cartridge. Then throw in the various PG/LG mixes.  Way too many things in play to conclusively say something does something.

As far as cartridge size, both the S3 and S3x hold 1.6 ml.  With my settings, voltage 2 or 3 and air-flow 3rd or 4th spot, it can burn fairly quick.  I do top off the S3x probably just above the hole in the atomizer. Somewhere between the initials V2 and the word PRO on the atomizer.  Yes, I do let it sit for at least an hour and give it a bit of a swirl to try and blend the existing liquid with the newly introduced liquid. Topping off the S3 cartridge when about 1/3 remains.  Same deal about swirling and letting sit for an hour.  Sometimes I don't get a pure taste and leave it sit overnight.  That seems to work too.  Again, I don't use the S3 cartridges very much any longer.  The 4 that I haven't opened yet will probably stay that way for the foreseeable future.

No red lines yet on posting comments.  
    Nancyla56
    @rbarron316
    Thanks again! I've pretty much done everything you suggested & am pleased with how my 3X is working now! I hope you've helped other new 3X users as much as you've helped me, rbarron316!
    nancyla56
    @nancyla56

B) 
  • David1886David1886 Posts: 347Member
    edited July 15
    @nancyla56
    The Series 3X cartridges use a much lower resistance than the older wick cartridges so will drain the battery faster than the original Series 3 the lower the resistance "ohms" the more power is used and goes through the liquid faster.

Also I found that the cartridges leak if the voltage is set to low as the atomizer is unable to vape the liquid and the remaining liquid in the cartridge leaks from the bottom you would use a higher voltage for the 1.2 than the 1.5. Also the thicker e-liquid used the more power is needed to vape if using a high PG liquid it will take less voltage.

With the new Series 3X cartridges I found that using in my old original Series 3 Pro they preformed badly leaked heaps as the old Series 3 could not provide enough voltage to heat the liquid enough.

I don't bother cleaning my carts as find they deteriorate faster and never taste the same as a new cartridge I also found cleaning the original Series 3 Cartridges with Vodka after a few cleans they started leaking badly as think the Vodka damaged the seal at the base of the tank.

This is just my experience with my current devices.
    Thank you David1886, I called customer service twice yesterday and asked to speak to a service representative who regularly used S3X. None were available!! The second women knew more...however, she told me NEVER to to fill from the top! That's why I was getting a mouthful of v2 Chocolate 1.8% nicotine! She advised me to remove the S3X cartridge, then the mouthpiece next, turn the cartridge upside down remove the atomizer and fill from the bottom!!(you guessed it, all the juice ran out the top)!!!
    I felt so STUPID and I had an oily mess on my granite countertop! After cleaning it up, I put it back together, filled below the full mark. After 30 hours, it worked. I've used every product v2 introduced, but after wasting nearly 40ml of v2 Platinum chocolate 1.8 liquid and tons of time, I'm almost ready to send it back! It's a shame as the liquid taste better in the S3X compared to any other v2 Products I've used since 2011. Thanks David1886!
    nancyla56
    edited July 15
    @David1886

I understand you are speaking about the Series 3 and it's possible the vodka may be an issue with them. Since I rarely use the Series 3 cartridges any longer, have not cleaned them enough to know if they can be damaged. For the EX blanks and Series 3x cartridges, I soak everything except the contact (screw in battery contact piece on the bottom of the cartridge) in vodka overnight and then soak everything overnight, including the contacts, in hydrogen peroxide.  Then set them out unassembled in the open overnight. Yes, it is a three day process, but this has cleaned them without fail with no deterioration. The long-term test will be whether the atomizers truly can be cleaned over any period of time. They are make or break in the S3x cleaning process. As far as the EX blanks, the cleaning process, for me, has worked out very well.

You are so right on the settings.  It is critical to adjust properly.  We really need a chart on V2 which shows the ideal settings and atomizers for various liquids (no, not the generic PG vs VG, but the actual liquid:  GTM, Vanilla, Honey Ball, Legato, etc.,) with each device type. Might help users from some of the frustration of emptying tanks when you get too much gurgling, a mouthful of liquid, no vape, too much vape, etc.,

@nancyla56

First time I ever used a S3x, I phoned customer service and asked why I was getting a mouthful of liquid. They recommended I clean it out and fill upside down, as you indicated.  That was not the answer.  The answer was that I didn't have the right atomizer for that liquid.  Too, I found I had a defective cartridge because the air-flow ring was welded to the mouthpiece and couldn't be adjusted. You fill where the fill holes are in the gasket. Period. 

I am running three S3x and one S3 vaporizer at the same time.  The right atomizer, voltage, and air-flow settings are the keys to making these work properly.  One just has to experiment.  I, too, have wasted some liquid through testing, but once I found the magic spot, would write it down so I knew what to do in the future.
    nancyla56
    @rbarron316
    Hi again rbarron316! I'm using the settings that you suggested: * 1.2 atomizer/ *1 hole on air flow/ *& I alternate between 3.3 and 2.5 V on temperature regulator.
    All comments pertain to SERIES 3X!
    Do you fill yours by removing the cartridge and use the two tiny slits on the gasket under the mouthpiece? OR you remove the cartridge and the mouthpiece and the atomizer and fill from The bottom? When I turned my cartridge upside down all the liquid came out! I called customer service twice on Thursday and asked to speak to someone who used used S3X. The first one then tried to help, but she was reading out of the instruction book! The second woman I spoke to ("Mabee" a great customer service representative), knew more about 3X. When I asked her to speak to a regular user, she said they were all busy on the phone. I told her I would wait...
    v2 should add another option to the CS menu "new products"!! Again, thank you rbarron316!! Nancyla56
    @nancyla56

You generally always fill through the two slits in the gasket.  One of the things I mentioned to them when I had trouble with the first cartridge was that I could not fit the filler nozzle of my juice container into the slit without creating a mess.  That was when she recommended filling from the bottom.  I know the gaskets in some of the earlier cartridges I received seem to be flawed and the slits were machined irregularly, but the latest cartridges I've received the machine cuts were uniform and regular.  I bought 10 bottles of Vape Bartender and the filler nozzle is huge.  Have stopped trying to use the S3x for these because of the mess and am just using with my EX blanks.  

It would seem to be totally illogical to fill from the bottom of the S3x cartridge as again, if fluid can go into the hole, it can come out of the hole (then into your mouthpiece).  I have turned a cartridge upside down without the mouthpiece on and liquid did come back out of the slits in the gasket.  Too, that is why I had recommended somewhere that these never be turned upside down where the mouthpieces are pointed towards the ground. 

As far as the air-flow settings, I believe I indicated start at 1 and progress to 4, until you reach the desired vape.  I never run "anything" on 1.  You are drawing too hard to produce anything.  Every one of mine are set at the 2nd or 3rd light on voltage and either the 3rd slot or wide open on the air-flow ring.  I am guessing your air-flow is not open enough, therefore you might be drawing really hard to produce vape and are producing liquid instead. 

Too, I find as the battery drains, you are drawing harder.  The first sign of my battery showing an amber light, it goes on the charger.  It's easy enough for me as I have 11 devices running at the same time, so something always has a full or nearly full charge.

The S3x is not perfect, but if you keep fine-tuning it for each liquid that you use, you will find something that works.  Don't assume because your settings work for liquid x that they will work for liquid y. Cherry is one of my flavors and am having a heck of a time finding settings to produce a good vape or hit. Then I popped in a GTM with my normal settings and wow.  Yeah, you might lose some liquid in the short-term, but once you find the solution for each liquid, write it down and stick with it.  That, along with using it with a battery that has not drained too much.
    edited July 16
    @rbarron316
    These are the best dropper bottles for your liquid and come in many different capacities and are great for filling EX=Blanks as have a nice small tip for any cartridge. Copy and past the link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10ml-30ml-Dropper-Plastic-Bottle-Tip-Eye-Liquid-Squeezable-Empty-LDPE-Mix-Color-/111470853671?var=410466700895&hash=item19f42e3e27:m:mSIPVnd4gO6pordNgUtBI6Q

Or just go to eBay and search this title and is the first listing.

10ml 30ml Dropper Plastic Bottle Tip Eye Liquid Squeezable Empty LDPE Mix Color

@David1886

Thanks for sharing.  I was struggling with the fat Vape Bartender nozzles and to a degree the Black Note nozzles. Will definitely buy some bottles with nozzles that can fit into whatever device I am using. 
    @rbarron316
    They are great as also soft to squeeze and they even have a small 5ml bottle which i take with me when out and about. I have been purchasing these for the past 2 years as the V2 bottles are very thick and these are great as have different color lids so you know what is in each bottle.
    nancyla56
    @ david1886, rbarron316
    What is a GTM? GREAT idea about the bottles! I want to order 4, however it looks like I need to buy in bulk...any problems with your orders? I used the link david1886 sent. I think I finally found my correct setting!
    Fill below the v2 line (if I bill above that I get a mouthful of liquid
    @nancyla56

GTM=Green Tea Menthol
  • samanthasamantha Posts: 3,015Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hey @nancyla56 and welcome to the V2 forum! There is a learning curb with vaporizers and the language... lol so don't feel bad and I'm glad to see you asking lots of questions. It looks like you are good to go and many of our veteran forum members are helping you with your vaping inquiries. Please let me know if you need anything! :)
    nancyla56
    @samantha
    Thank you Samantha, I don't know what I would've done with my S3X were it not for the forum members, rbarron316 & david1986!
    nancyla56
    @rbarron316
    @David1886
    Thanks! I would've gone crazy trying to figure out what GTM meant! I discovered my last post didn't go all the way through. I'll try to pick it up. First do you have to buy the bottles in bulk or can I pick the sizes and numbers I want?
    FINALLY I figured out the Settings I want: fill just below the v2 writing on the cartridge!( otherwise I still get a mouthful of liquid
    It still cut m
    nancyla56
    @David1886, @rbarron316
    Setting cont.
    Atomizer 1.5
    Airflow more (2 holes)
    Voltage/temperature 2.5
    Batteries in use : 4 standard manual;
    1 long manual; 2 S3; and lastly, one S3X! Of course I have lots of back up batteries and a couple v2 EX batteries.
    My favorite cartridges are the v2 EX blanks! The drawbacks keep me from using them anyplace but at home. I can take the pre-filled v2 and the S3 Nearly anywhere as neither of them leak from the top! (rbarron316,said, if I played around enough with them I would find my own Nirvana! And I think I did! )
    @nancyla56

Glad you found your Nirvana.  It does take some work.  I'm just coming off of 46 years of smoking, so I need a harder hit.  That's why I go with the 2.4% and 1.8%, if necessary, while keeping the voltage up and air-flow opened up to 3 or 4.  Gotta have that throat hit to work for me.  Am still struggling mightily on those blends that steer towards 50% VG or higher.  High VG doesn't produce much of a throat hit, being more vapor driven. So, I simply can't do anything satisfying on the S3, which I rarely use any longer, or the S3x, regardless of the atomizer or settings.  My three S3x are all loaded with high PG blends.  Can get higher VG to perform decently using the EX blanks with a fully charged battery.  Am hopeful I see enough users satisfied with the new EX ceramic blanks to see if this helps with the higher VG blends.    

I believe with the higher PG blends, you'll be okay with either the 1.2 or 1.5 Ohm atomizers.  Again, just play a bit with the voltage and air-flow settings.  If after a few fills you are drawing too hard, you're not producing anything good, and you have fiddled with your settings, then you probably need to swap out your atomizer.  Again, I clean mine to reasonably good effect.  I do have a few atomizers that don't work properly and upon close inspection with a magnifying glass, I can see they are possibly defective.  I'll never get those to work.  So, if you are struggling on just one atomizer and can't get it to perform no matter what you do (settings, cleaning), then you might consider putting it aside and trying another one. 

Just don't get frustrated if everything works and then one day, it doesn't.  You just need to analyze it and find a game-plan that resolves it, either swapping, cleaning, changing settings, etc.,  Sometimes you really have to work at it, but eventually you get there.  It took me a few months and I am still trying to find a good outcome with the higher VG blends.

@rbaker1009 @rbarron316 @Navy20

Have any of you tried the Series 3 Sub-Ohm Ceramic Single use Cartridge I have had one for ages and am going to purchase some V2 Platinum Menthol VG liquid to use on the original Series 3 Pro but notice it only has 2 very small Ceramic Holes about half the size of the EX-Ceramic Blanks and worry that it won't allow enough liquid to enter the chamber.

Mine must be old stock dated 12/2016 as the leaflet inside states wait 5 minutes but the description on the V2 website advises to wait 15 minutes.

https://www.v2.com/cartridges/series-3-ceramic-eliquid-cartridge

• rbaker1009rbaker1009 Posts: 1,150Member
    edited October 5
    Hi @David1886, I have not tried any of the Ceramics yet. I'm really satisfied with the EX wick blanks. Granted, my vaping preferences are pretty basic and I have gone from early adopter to "settled in the familiar" vaping tech wise.
  • Navy20Navy20 Posts: 1,052Member ✭✭
    @David1886,

I am currently using the Series 3 VG Sub-Ohm Ceramic Cartridge with the V2 Platinum Menthol VG e-Liquid.   I have been using this combination for about five (5) days now.    Thus far I have not had any issues . . . I initially filled the cartridge about  two thirds full and let it sit for about an hour before using.

The vapor is sufficient for me however, I believe I get more vapor from the S3 PG Ceramic Cartridge using the high PG e-Liquid.   Perhaps there is a difference with the VG Ceramic cartridge if used with the S3X Vaporizer . . . I don't know as I don't have the S3X.

The manufacturing date on this cartridge is 01-09-2017.
    Glad to hear your vapor experience with the new Ceramic carts are going well Navy20 :)
    PG Ceramic carts are in fact designed to get the best vapor production with high PG eliquid, so you are correct there:) If anyone else has any questions or concerns, feel free to ask. I will try to assist, or you may get lucky with an answer from our CEO who frequents the forum often:)
  • BLCBLC Posts: 16Member
    @rbarron316 I was having problems with a ceramic 3X cart and some components . I used your recipe for cleaning as it was very close to what I was already doing (aside from the peroxide and time); I wanted to make sure the problems weren't a "user issue". low and behold it is in fact a faulty component. thanks so much for your input! brilliant!
  • VapeNewbieVapeNewbie Posts: 4Member
    Hey everyone. Redbarron, you said the full line is above the fat part of the cartridge but, I feel crazy, I don't see any marking as a max fill line?!
    @VapeNewbie

It is essentially the area just above where the atomizer screws into the the top post.  The line is just an imaginary line denoted by the fatter atomizer top and the skinnier post into which it fits.
  • VapeNewbieVapeNewbie Posts: 4Member
    Hey rbarron316! Thank you so much for responding to me!!!! You were very clear in your response but I'm still slightly confused (sorry).... does that statement work for all the different cartridges? I have the ceramic pg, the ceramic VG and the series 3x cartridges.
    Yep, @rbarron316 is correct.Tagging him since I do not think VapeNewbie's post tagged him properly. 

I hope you get things figured out @VapeNewbie. If not, feel free to live chat us or call CS and we can do a troubleshooting session with you.
    @VapeNewbie

I just looked at them all.

Regular Series 3, about 3/4 full. 
    Series 3 PG ceramic, where top of the fat part meets the bottom of the top post. 
    Series 3 VG ceramic, top of middle fat part meets the bottom of the top post. 
    Series 3x, where the top of the fat part meets the bottom of the top post.

Again, 3/4 full should cover you.  Too, you really should refill when about 1/3 to 1/2 full.