18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

Maine to Raise Smoking Age to 21

samanthasamantha Posts: 2,969Administrator, Moderator admin
edited August 16 in The World of E-Cigarettes

More states are joining the trend of increasing the smoking age. This also applies to the sale of vapes, ecigs and other items like hookahs. The next in line, Maine.

According to a The New York Times report, “Maine will become the fourth state to raise the smoking age to 21 and will adopt stricter regulations on the sale of electronic cigarettes after lawmakers on Wednesday voted overwhelmingly to override the governor’s veto.”

The reason Gov. Paul R. LePage, a Republican, is against the age increase? As shared on pressherald.com, While discussing topics on his weekly call-in appearance on a Bangor-based talk radio show, WVOM, LePage said he opposes laws that amount to “social engineering.”

It’s an age old debate, keeping certain freedoms free and keeping the government out of daily life for adults, able to make their own decisions. But the question here, for the governor of Maine, is what that number is.

LePage said he vetoed the bill to increase the legal age to buy cigarettes or other tobacco products, including vaping equipment because 18-year-olds are deemed mature enough to join the military.

I’m not going to strap a gun to their shoulder and go fight a war if they can’t go buy cigarettes,” LePage said. “I’ll tell you, this is just sinful, it is absolutely sinful, and I believe that at 18 they are mature enough to make a decision and I’m tired of living in a society where we social engineer our lives.

FULL BLOG POST: https://www.v2.com/blog/2017/08/maine-raise-smoking-age-21/

Comments

• Navy20Navy20 Posts: 1,038Member ✭✭
    This all takes me back in time . . . I grew up in North Dakota.   At the age of 18, I was required to register with the draft board . . . could enlist for military service or wait to be drafted . . . I chose to enlist in the Navy.   Even though I was old enough to go to VietNam, by law I was not old enough to purchase tobacco products (at that time, e-cigs and vaping, were terms unheard of), purchase alcoholic beverages or vote. I wonder, how many times must History repeat itself before we get it right ?