WARNING: This product contains nicotine.
Nicotine is an addictive chemical.
18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

CLEANING

How are you suppose to clean the ceramic cartridges?

Comments

• RudyRudy Posts: 7Member
    I've been wondering that too. I tried an alcohol fill & dry, but that was ineffective. Haven't tried a hot water bath yet.
  • ailthasailthas Posts: 6Member
    You could try a diluted isopropyl bath overnight. I say diluted because you don't want to go too high or you'll deteriorate things that shouldn't be. I would also suggest an ultrasonic cleaner like https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0772N4J7L/ which you can also use for the rest of the non-battery components like the tank and mouthpieces. You can also justify the purchase since this one also has bits so you can clean CDs and jewelry.
  • OBLIV10USOBLIV10US Posts: 33Member
    Can we have the V2 experts post a reply? Better to hear this from the horses mouth if you know what I mean. I am new to this and would greatly appreciate learning how to extend the life of my V2 product since I live far far away from a V2 shop or service center. Cheers from Fiji!
  • David1886David1886 Posts: 636Member

What type of ceramic cartridges are you trying to clean as many of the single use cartridges will not clean and make them unusable and you also risk damaging your battery.

Isopropyl is mostly alcohol and is highly flammable and caution is needed when used.

With my EX & Series 3 Wick banks I use Hydrogen Peroxide and have had great success as it is a bleaching and oxidation agent and soak overnight and you can see the bubbles inside the cart or blank as it cleans and then rinse with warm water and allow to dry for 24 hours.

A few friends of mine have had success with Hydrogen Peroxide cleaning the Series 3 Atomizers and if that is what you are trying to clean give it a try.

Great to see another southern hemisphere user on the forum as I am in the Tropical top end of Australia just south of Cairns.
    @David1886 Bula David (pronounced "boo-lah" meaning HELLO!!). Yes I am using the 3x atomiser. Mainly the VG one that came with my bundle and I bought an extra VG ceramic tank one. I'm a noob to vaping so pardon my silly vape terminology lol. Great to have a responsive and informative forum! Vinaka (pronounced "vee-nuh-carr" meaning thanks PS below is a pic of my rig. So can I clean using your mentioned method?
  • rbarron316rbarron316 Posts: 154Member
    edited July 25
    @OBLIV10US

The hydrogen peroxide method works very well for the EX wick blanks.  I have some that have been cleaned repeatedly before disposing (we're talking months).  As far as ceramic cartridges and 3x atomizers (as evidenced by your 3x kit), different story.  On the 3x cartridge, you can clean all parts (disassembled) in hydrogen peroxide EXCEPT the battery contact (the part into which you screw your atomizer).  Let sit overnight, then rinse, blow out (I use a hair dryer), then allow to sit overnight to dry. The battery contact really needs no cleaning other than to wipe it off with a tissue.  I really struggle with whether the atomizers can effectively be cleaned.  Does it extend the life of the atomizer?  I sense no.  It is really just removing any buildup, but it does not restore them to brand new condition.  Would suggest you keep stocked up on atomizers.  The rest of the 3x cartridge should last a long time barring any defect in the cartridge.  Finally, occasionally the ring on the mouthpiece will lock up after soaking.  I twist the ring repeatedly after the initial drying when removed from a soak.  If still locked up, I am forced to use two pliers to break them loose.  

On your VG cartridge, although I don't use VG very much and have a different setup for my VG juices, cleaning with hydrogen peroxide, or probably anything, doesn't seem to be very effective.  Yes, it probably removes any buildup and any smells associated with the blend you were using before, but as stated with the 3x atomizers, doesn't really extend the life of the cartridge, IMO.  Early cleaning of them when I first started with V2 showed me it actually could damage the cartridge as evidenced by tarnishing.  These are designed as disposable items.  They only have an effective life of "x".    

Good luck with your vaping.

Regards.
    edited July 25

I have attempted to clean the single use Series 3 VG & PG Ceramic cartridges and was just a waste of time and after a clean when you attempt to refill all the e-liquid leaks out of the base almost straight away.

I don't have a 3X Cartridge so could not comment on the cleaning of the atomizers and thought that they might be able to be cleaned but that questioned has now been answered.

As rbarron316 mentioned the Hydrogen Peroxide is fantastic for cleaning the EX wick blanks as he was the one that converted me from cleaning with Vodka which only worked for a few cleans now they last for ages before they need replacing.

@rbarron316 @David1886 Thanks for taking your time to give me some insight. I think I'll just stick to stocking up on atomizers and at least one more 3x tank. Thanks and be blessed!
    @OBLIV10US

You live in a nice part of the world Fiji warm winters like me as I live in Tropical Far Nth Queensland.

Back in 2011 you sent us Cyclone Yasi which made a direct hit Severe Cat 5 on my little town Mission Beach which caused massive destruction even though our homes are cyclone rated Yasi was just so huge and took ages to pass overhead Nth Queensland was lucky as where it made landfall there were no major big towns or cities we had no electricity for 3 weeks.

@David1886 I don't even remember that cyclone! Must have been one to remember. We have had our fare share with cyclones. As an island nation, global warming is very much evident. We had a category 5 a few years ago, 3 to be exact I think. Some villagers still haven't recovered. Luckily where I live we didn't feel the brunt of it. Just a few fallen trees.
    Other than that, Fiji is paradise. Very laid back, and happy people. Plus we are the rugby sevens God's!! 😎🇫🇯 I'm a French Fijian, vaping like a boss! Vaping is near non existent here. There's these Asians though selling dodgy rigs and ejuices. I can probably make a good business out of vaping and more importantly help Fijians quit smoking if I had the opportunity to.