18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

V2 Pro 3x e-liquid cartridge question

I just bought a S3X kit and I'm really enjoying the 3X e-liquid cartridge with changeable atomisers. The product description for the cartridge says to discard the atomiser after 40 refills. But, does that mean the cartridge itself would never need replacing? I'm a bit confused, would appreciate some help! Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• rbarron316rbarron316 Posts: 70Member
    edited November 25
    @swaroopgururaj

No.  Don't discard the cartridge.  It is the atomizer that you discard after it stops functioning.  Never is a strong word.  I've had a few cartridges that had to be replaced, but that was due to a seeming defect in those cartridges.  V2 made good on replacing those.  My remaining cartridges have held out for months now.  

As far as the atomizer itself, not sure 40 refills is hard and fast.  One, it depends on the liquid you are using.  Two, these will get clogged up after a bit and your option is cleaning or tossing.  Three, if after cleaning, it may still not work and have to be tossed anyway.  I've never had an atomizer that would go anywhere near 40 refills before having to be cleaned or tossed.  I have 4 S3x vaporizers, so have a bit of experience using them.
  • swaroopgururajswaroopgururaj Posts: 6Member
    @rbarron316 Thanks a ton mate, that helps. And about cleaning the atomisers, do I just use some absorbent paper and some rubbing alcohol to give it a clean? Any tips on storing atomisers that are swapped for others of different resistances? Do they go too dry and become unusable in your experience if not used for a while?

I've been using the S3 for the past few months before buying the 3x and I have generally had a great experience with the V3 e-liquids, but have noticed some of their liquids do better in terms of extending the number of refills.
    @swaroopgururaj

Drop them in a small Tupperware container filled with hydrogen peroxide.  Let them sit overnight.  Afterward, rinse them off, give them a blow with the hair dryer, and then let them sit overnight again to completely dry.  Good as new.  There have been some that couldn't be restored (guess past useful life) and they were tossed.

As far as storing, I haven't noticed any issues with them not being used for a while.   Of course, I haven't numbered them or anything to figure out newest, oldest, etc.,  By and large, the cleaning works and business as usual.  Otherwise, I just toss the atomizer.

My best success are the high PG blends.  No matter which device I use on higher VG, just don't get a great deal of satisfaction, regardless of device (EX blanks, S3 VG carts, S3x with 0.9 or 1.2 atomizers).  
  • swaroopgururajswaroopgururaj Posts: 6Member
    @rbarron316 perfect, thanks for the tips! Final one- I used the 0.9ohm atomiser with a high PG blend and loved the draw, but just concerned the manual says not to use the 0.9 with high PG. Wondering if I'd be harming the life of the atomiser using it this way?
    @swaroopgururaj

No idea.  Would not have even considered trying the 0.9 with high PG.  Maybe the issue is that low or sub ohm will create too much heat with PG blends since PG blends are less viscous than VG blends.  

My bet is that no two users are going to experience things in the same fashion.  I've read different articles about if you do this, you can expect that.  Nope.  Doesn't always work out that way. 
  • David1886David1886 Posts: 408Member
    edited November 25
    @rbarron316 @swaroopgururaj

With the resistance of atomizers 0.9 Ω high VG, 1.2 Ω 50PG/50VG 1.5 Ω high PG V2 Platinum which is mostly 70PG/30VG the lower the resistance in atomizers the more heat is produced as i have found with some of my V2 Trinity Mods using a larger tank other than the 2ml tank which is supplied with them

And in reference to the 40 refills you are 100% correct you might come close using high PG liquids and reduced refills using high PG dark or sweet liquid or 50/50 or high VG.
    @rbarron316
    As discussed with you in the past and have purchased Hydrogen Peroxide are you having much success cleaning Ceramic atomizers and wonder if it would also work with the single use high PG Series 3 Cartridges.
    @David1886

Yes, I have cleaned my Series 3 cartridges and S3x atomizers in hydrogen peroxide.  Only one cartridge to date has failed after cleaning.  A few atomizers didn't pan out, but think they just gave out and it had nothing to do with cleaning.  As indicated to @swaroopgururaj, I haven't tracked the ages of my equipment over the past 8 months, so the ones that failed may be those in service many months/refills.  No idea. 

Suggest you try cleaning one each of yours as a test.  Then you can get a feel for how cleaning is working for you and also, how long you can keep them going.  If it doesn't meet your needs, you can always use the hydrogen peroxide for other things.

My situation is a bit unusual in that I am running 7 devices (S3, S3x, and EX blanks) at the same time.  I take a couple of puffs from each whenever I want to vape.  So, if one device proves to be performing at 75%, the others make up for it by the end of my session.  For those running a single device, you might notice things if the device is not performing at 100%.  Make sense? 

On the refills, interesting to note that on the product page for the S3x it clearly shows in the description up to 40 refills on the atomizer, but when you look at the compare cartridges page and click the See More button, it shows up to 20 refills per atomizer.  Bottom line is one isn't likely to get 40 refills.  Too, what is a refill?  I refill around the 1/3 to 1/2 mark.  Can't believe running a cartridge dry can be good.  Too, it seems to me the less volume of liquid in the cartridge, the hotter it burns, leading to poor taste.  That's why I keep mine topped off at all times.   

@rbarron316

I have used the Hydrogen Peroxide on your previous advice and works very well with my wick EX Blanks and Series 3 Cartridges.

I also normally have 2 Series 3 units and 3 Ex Blanks running at the same time plus 2 separate V2 Trinity kits with a different brand 5ml tanks fitted as found the 2ml tanks that came with the Trinity units kept leaking these tanks don't have ceramic atomizers but using a high PG liquid use a 50ml bottle of V2 Platinum before having to change the atomizer which cost $2.95 AUD each and come in 1.8 ohm for high PG & also 50/50 they will also take a 0.7 ohm atomizer for High VG but produce to much vapor for my liking and I run the V2 Trinity units in wattage mode as has the option of wattage or volts using the wattage mode you can vary the type of vape you want lower wattage around 10 watts produces a cooler vape and around 13 watts more vapor and a much better flavor of the liquid. 
    edited November 26
    @David1886

Happy the cleaning is working for you.  Worst case is you'll toss something that you were going to eventually toss anyway.
    @rbarron316

Hello my friend,

As far as I am aware the P or V is only on the ceramic cartridges as have used both types with the Wick Series 3 it has the drop symbol if you look underneath the mouthpieces you will see the wick has a black plastic ring which seals the O ring and the PG & VG Ceramic have a silver metal seal.

The picture on the V2 website of the classic wick cartridges if you enlarge you can see the wicks but that picture is outdated as is showing the old style with the wick only half the length of the chamber when they updated the classic cartridges ages ago they lengthened the wick to almost the bottom of the cartridge.

Hope this helps!
    @David1886

Uh, was hoping I deleted that post (which I replaced with the Happy post).  Guess I wasn't quick enough.  Figured it out.  Kept my original Series 3x boxes.  So, apparently the kit included a VG sub-ohm cartridge.  Identical in appearance to the basic Series 3 Liquid cartridge, except it has two huge wicks running vertically from top to bottom.  I don't know that they ever sold these individually before (at least since I started doing business with them in March), but they did include them with their Series 3x kits.  The new kits no longer provide these, but provides a Series 3 PG ceramic cartridge instead.

Thought I was losing my mind figuring out what they were and how they came into my possession.  Will keep them around for emergency purposes only.  All my VG is handled with either the VG ceramic for my Series 3 or 0.9 atomizers for my Series 3x.

Mystery solved.
    @rbarron316

I have given up on the PG Ceramic Blanks even though I have 6 on back order and hopefully all the issues will be resolved they have been showing out of stock eta 15 days for almost a month now so purchased heaps of the Wick Cartridges during the sale which will do for now as with the Hydrogen Peroxide I  am using 6% for the Cartridges and old style EX Blanks ant the results are great.

The VG Ceramic don't preform well with the original Series 3 as at 0.9 ohms drain the battery very fast and also because the have no voltage adjustment like the 3X produce little vapor
    @rbarron316
    What do you use to clean the outside of your Series 3 units and also your long classic batteries it it safe to use alcohol wipes.
    @David1886

Normally I just use a Puffs (has lotion in it), so it is pretty soft.  If the battery contacts on the longs get a bit grungy, just a Q Tip. I really haven't had issues other than occasionally sticky hands as a result of refilling.  On a few occasions, if real sticky, a slightly damp paper towel.
    @rbarron316

It must be safe as noticed they have a V2 Pro cleaning kit which includes alcohol wipes.

https://www.v2.com/accessories/vaporizer-cleaning-kit

@David1886

Well, yeah, color me stupid.  They do sell alcohol wipes, don't they?   You live, you learn.
    edited November 27
    @rbarron316
    I have not heard the term "color me stupid" used for about 10 years.

edited November 27
    @David1886

Yep, "color me stupid" has a more poetic ring to it than "I am an idiot".  
    @rbarron316

No your not it's just that I have lots of spare time initially found it on V2 Australia's website then looked at V2 USA.
    @David1886

I finally bit the bullet today and bought the Trinity kit.  Just no success with my Vape Bartender, Black Note (higher VG blends) in the EX blanks, the Pro 3 (using a VG ceramic cartridge) or the Pro 3x (using the 1.2 or 0.9 atomizers).  Have a stock of those liquids and can't take a year trying to puff away something that I should go through much quicker.  If my experience will be anything like the video V2 shows with the Trinity, I'll be a happy camper.    
    edited November 27
    @rbarron316

I have 2 of the Trinity Kits purchased from V2 Australia and use them in wattage mode the only thing I had issues with were with the tanks leaking if the atomizer was not inserted tight enough through the bottom airflow control if you use VERY HIGH VG buy the 0.8 ohm as the 0.5 gets way to hot it also has a great battery life.

@David1886

Yep, I bought extra 0.8 atomizers since the blends are 50/50 or 60VG/40PG.  Will be nice to have something I use solely for VG blends.  I'm good using the EX blanks and S3x for the PG blends.    
    @rbarron316

It's funny as we are worlds apart but still answer messages almost straight away. I am just about to get some sleep as have been up all night.