18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

First Snow

Navy20Navy20 Posts: 1,164Member
edited December 2017 in Entertainment and Humor
Well it had to happen sooner or later . . . we received our first snowfall today.    The forecast is for 10 to 20 inches - I am hoping not the 20.  A few inches at a time isn't bad but when we get feet at a time . . . well I don't believe I am allowed to say on this Forum how I feel about feet at a time.    

The fire is burning, the snow is falling and I have my batteries all charged.   At the present I am vaping V2 Pumpkin Spice in my S3 Vaporizer and I have V2 Chocolate in a EX Ceramic Cartridge on a Manual EX Battery on stand-by.

Thanks to V2, I believe I will make it through this snow storm . . . now where did I put that Rum ?

Comments

• rbaker1009rbaker1009 Posts: 1,225Member
    Please send some of that snow our way @Navy20. We need to douse the fires that are literally burning most of our state.

I'm vaping V2 Platinum Gold .06 right now and love it.
  • David1886David1886 Posts: 545Member
    @Navy20
    I wish you could send your cold weather to me as where I live in the top end of Australia our Monsoon/Cyclone season commenced at the start of November our daily temperature is always above 100*F and humidity around 85% and this will continue till the end of April as I am only 16 degrees south of the equator.

@rbaker1009
    I have been watching the devastating fires in your state as subscribe to several US news channels.
    @David1886 we are used to substantial fires here every year but these are unprecedented. Many, many, many multi million dollar homes have been totally destroyed and thousands and thousands of people evacuated, the fires are all over the southern end of the state where I live. I have a golf course next to my home as a buffer in case it gets to my neighborhood. If it comes to it I'll save my guns, computers and important documents and haul ass. 
  • Navy20Navy20 Posts: 1,164Member
    edited December 2017
    @rbaker1009, we have seen on our newscasts how devastating those fires are . . . I can’t imagine actually being a part of that, it is terrible and we have the entire State Of California in our prayers, wishing we could do more. Am hoping that all is well with you and yours.

@David1886, I don’t mind the cold as much as I detest many feet of snow. A few inches at a time isn’t so bad, at least it is manageable. It is good for those that like to ski, snowboard etc.. My Grandson loves the snow. As for the heat, well I like it hot however, I don’t believe I would like to be caught up in a Cyclone. This past hurricane season had us holding our breath as we had friends that got hit with Irma.
    Thanks @Navy20, let me take this opportunity to let you know how much I respect the fact that you are always a gentleman, a positive and articulate one. 
    Thank You @rbaker1009, however I myself, do not believe I am deserving of such a compliment.
    @rbaker1009 @Navy20

As mentioned previously I have been following the devastating fires on my US subscription News Channels and these current wildfires (we call them Bush Fires) must be one of the worst on record.

We over the years have had major bush fires in the southern states with massive destruction of homes and a large death toll but with Australia's population being much smaller is nothing compared the the current California situation.

I love the cold weather as years ago made many skiing trips to Aspen and Lake Tahoe and numerous trips to Canada, Switzerland & Austria as the skiing options locally are very limited and also only last a short period. 

@Navy20
    As living in a very cyclone active area also monitor all the US storms and this year is predicted to be above average like the recent US hurricane season.

In 2011 the eye of a cyclone passed directly over my town and was classed as a once in a 100 year event the only saving factor it made landfall in a very remote part of the Far North Queensland coast otherwise the damage bill would have been much higher.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclone_Yasi

I was actually in Miami when Hurricane Katrina made landfall and was due to visit New Orleans a week later which obviously did not happen 

Take care my friends
    David
    Thanks @David1886 so far my neighborhood is ok. Now I'll wait for the 8.0 earthquake :/
    edited December 2017
    @rbaker1009,  DAMN !!!!! . . . glad you are okay . . . but waiting for an earthquake ? . . . Your sense of humor  (it is just humor I hope) is one in a million . . . if in fact you are just jesting, I wish I had it.   If you are serious .. . . I don't know what to say    . . . I am lost for words.
    HaHa @Navy20 that's California humor. We are known for lots of earthquakes so we have adopted gallows humor. 
    @rbaker1009,   when we purchased our home we were told that we sit in an earthquake zone.   Maybe twice in the last 14 years we have felt a shake/shutter and at first I wondered "What the Hell", however, never anything serious.   Later we would find out that there had been a slight disturbance.

Ever since my "way younger days" there have been Tall Tales of California falling off into the ocean.   I hope that never comes to be.   I have never been exposed to the elements you all out there in California have . . . difficult for me to imagine.
    @rbaker1009

How are the wild fires in California any sign of them getting under control as previously mentioned we have major bush fires in our southern state but never in my part of the tropics as the humidity is to high.

This is the worst bush fire in Australia history with 173 Fatalities and 3,500+ Buildings
    destroyed and these fires were in Victoria at the bottom of Australia which normally has a much cooler summer than most northern states.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Saturday_bushfires
  • samanthasamantha Posts: 3,440Administrator, Moderator admin
    Not sure if you all saw but we got snow in Florida too! 
    :)
    Very North Florida, about 6 hours from us in Miami, but we are still feeling the affects! It's in the 40-50s here! Burr! Everyone stay warm and happy vaping :)

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/weather/os-cold-front-brings-rare-sight-florida-snow-20171211-story.html

• MSmith447MSmith447 Posts: 255Member
    The snow at my aunts house in Georgia was nuts!! Who knew GA or FL got snow like that? Wild times we are living in
    @samantha

Unbelievable.
    For certain our world as we once knew it, is forever changing.    @samantha, Thank You for sharing.
    @rbaker1009, and @David1886,  Hope this finds you both doing well . . . Wishing for you both A Great Christmas Holiday . . . .
    @Navy20 @rbaker1009

Thanks, I hope you and your loved ones also have a Merry & Safe  Christmas holiday's
    You too guys, Just got back from my place in San Diego and we still have fires breaking out here and there but they are getting handled before getting out of control. The major fires have destroyed vast area's and destroyed some very high end neighborhoods but we are lucky it wasn't worse.

Merry Christmas to you all!!
    @David1886,  Thank You, Merry Christmas to You and Yours.

@rbaker1009,  Good to hear that things are settling down a bit . . . Massive destruction is never good.  We hope and pray that recovery will be swift . . . .  Merry Christmas to You and Yours.
    @rbaker1009, I thought those fires were slowing down . . . Now I see a news story that they continue and are still not under control . . . California has an awful lot to deal with . . . Our prayers to all, may this situation end soon and recovery is swift.
    Thanks @Navy20, yes breaking out all over again and those that were getting under control are growing again. A big driver of that is it has become red flag wind conditions again and that is the worst when fires are going. 

Blown embers start new ones and unpredictability of wind direction hinders firefighters efforts.

We have thousands and thousands of firefights that have been fighting non stop for weeks, they are whipped big time. I sure hope they can get home for Christmas.