WARNING: This product contains nicotine.
Nicotine is an addictive chemical.
18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

Philip Morris announces it's future is smokless

Amazingly, the world's most successful cigarette company has now announced their future will be smokeless. They have finally admitted, in a very public way, that alternatives are much healthier than cigarettes and they are moving away from tobacco cigarettes in a big way. Astounding.

https://www.pmi.com/who-we-are/designing-a-smoke-free-future

Comments

• Navy20Navy20 Posts: 1,172Member
    Interesting article @rbaker1009,  as the American population moves away from Big Tobacco and vaping becomes more popular, Big Tobacco had to get on the wagon.   While Big Tobacco, with their deep pockets and lobbyist backing may in fact help the vaping industry in the long run, by buying and swinging votes in favor of a better alternative, I want to believe that they do so because currently they are on the losing end of the cycle and need to find a way to refill the loss of revenue.

As these products look interesting, I don't believe I will participate in their products . . . Big Tobacco didn't give a damn about me, you or anyone else while they were taking our money and feeding us with lies about their products, and at this point in time, I don't give a damn about Big Tobacco.   

It took awhile, but I finally found my better alternative when I found V2 and since doing so, I have never looked back.   VMR/V2 has invested heavily in R&D and they have come out with some great products.   I believe the future looks big and bright and I choose to hang in there and continue this journey with them.
  • rbaker1009rbaker1009 Posts: 1,232Member
    edited January 5
    Totally agree @Navy20. Big tobacco would never make a historic announcement like this unless they knew for certain that tobacco cigarettes would be either taxed so high or regulated so heavily that their current business model is facing imminent demise. 

And your right they have used their considerable power effectively for decades and putting it behind vaping acceptance will be a very good thing, I think. Now they have their smokeless products perfected and scaled up sufficiently to be confident enough to say we are getting out of the tobacco cigarette business.  

I laugh at their comment on why they are going smokeless:

"We understand the millions of men and women who smoke cigarettes. They are looking for less harmful, yet satisfying, alternatives to smoking. We will give them that choice.

We have a commitment to our employees and our shareholders. We will fulfill that commitment by pursuing this long-term vision for success.

Society expects us to act responsibly. And we are doing just that by designing a smoke-free future."

Act responsively? give me a freakin' break. They have acted directly opposite of responsibly, way opposite, for over 100 years. 

Now that their profits are being squeezed by people switching to vaping in a big way and taxes and regulations driving even more people away from smoking they have decided that they are socially responsible. 

Like you say they never cared about you and me and I have no desire to buy anything from these evil empires ever again but I fear if vaping is the future tobacco companies will just buy up all the competition and the market will consolidate, we may have no choice but to buy from them...AGAIN

I dunno, things have changed around here, perhaps it's already happening. 
  • Navy20Navy20 Posts: 1,172Member
    edited January 6
    Oh for certain @rbaker1009, Big Tobacco has "moles" everywhere, no doubt they know what is to appear on the Legislative Agenda far before we do.   

What surprised me was within these products, a variety of flavors is offered, although somewhat limited.
    If I remember correctly, I believe that R J Reynolds (RJR), has a very similar yet slightly different approach to vaping products.

As you state, we may one day have no choice but to once again, purchase from the very companies that we have thus far kicked to the curb.   I hope that during the remainder of my lifetime and for all eternity, this never occurs.   Bottom line . . . ALL OF BIG TOBACCO  will be transitioning to the "Better Alternative" and no doubt, they will attempt to buy out the competition . . . those they cannot buy will become future targets and I would imagine that at some price point, they shall succeed with some . . . if not in all out purchase, perhaps by merger and then elimination by consolidation.   I want to believe that other, larger competition such as  VMR,  will fend off Big Tobacco and succeed on their own merits.   

I wholeheartedly support VMR now and in the foreseeable future and  wish for this company (VMR),  to succeed and avoid Big Tobacco at all costs within a free enterprise market.   Can VMR stand on its own and compete with Big Tobacco ?   At this time, I believe VMR can.   I do not view VMR as a quitter, but rather a winner.   A company that has the innovation and aspiration to succeed.   As such and as I have previously voiced, I choose to continue my vaping journey with a company such as VMR who has shown me a future that is big and bright.