18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

Trinity Coil 0.8 ohm burns

Using Sahara VG. I start at low power setting - 14 watts and SS Temperature mode of 300 - get very little vape so I increase power to 16 watts and temp 310,,, still not enough power....when i increase to 18 watts and stay there for a while... the atomizer burns!!!
WHat is the idea setting for a 0.8 ohm with VG and what mode should I choose "SS Temp" or TI or NI? I have burnt more atomizers than I can count and can't find any help on this
Tagged:

Comments

• David1886David1886 Posts: 545Member
    @anthony1000

I have 2 Trinity Kits and even though I don't use sub ohm only use the wattage mode ONLY and not the Temp mode and found by just using Wattage only and not SS Temp or TI or NI and had much better success with my atomizers.

• anthony1000anthony1000 Posts: 4Member
    @David1886 Thank you for your reply, please clarify: what do you mean by "don't use sub ohm"? And what do you mean by "and not the Temp mode"? Even if you don't enter the temp modes there is still a set temperature default or last temp used.
    @anthony1000

When i mentioned "don't use sub ohm" I was referring to my use of the Trinity as don't use for high VG liquids.
    In the instruction manual under using the trinity you will see the pictures for setting the mode you will see the picture 4.4 it will show you the resistance  of the atomizer wattage in bold on the right hand side of screen so when you adjust the wattage you will see the voltage increase automatically and the temperature is not displayed anywhere on the LCD display.

The first 3 pictures are all for setting in temp mode which you want to change to wattage only mode as I find is easier to control the trinity. 

Use this link to download the manual as easier to read.

https://www.v2.com/help/manuals

@David1886 Now I'm with you. Are you also suggesting that trinity works better with PG than VG? If that's true then which atomizers are you using - 0.5, 0.8 or 1.2? If I use 0.8 does it work well with PG?
    The trinity works great with both VG and PG liquids with VG the 0.8 ohm is great and for PG use the 1.2 ohm as if you use the 0.8 ohm with PG you will get a burnt taste.

I just prefer PG liquids as the VG produces too much vapor and makes me choke you will also notice with the VG liquids the highest nicotine strength is 0.9% compared to the V2 Platinum PG as the VG liquid nicotine is carried in the vapor production and as VG more thicker vapor the bigger the nicotine hit is absorbed by your lungs.

I am actually on the other side of the world living in Australia but have been a loyal V2 USA customer for many years the other advantage of the Trinity Mod is that it has an industry stranded 510 threaded tank so is compatible different larger tanks.

Even though I purchase mostly everything from V2 USA living in Australia sometimes purchase from V2 Australia but has a much limited range of products and they sell a larger 5ml tank that can support atomizers from 0.7 to 1.8 ohm for the Trinity.

http://v2cigaustralia.com/p/9228885/trinity-compatible-aspire-nautilus-tank-kit-5ml.html

Take care and hope this helps.

thank you @David1886 Finally got customer service on the phone and reviewed all that I am doing. The only thing they could come up with was that the atomizers are defective. The last 6 burnt up within 5 minutes and now I just tried a 0.5 ohm and it killed my throat  from the first drag at only 16 watts.

I don't believe that all my atomizers are defective. It's more likely that the device is.
    Next I will try 1.2 ohm atomizers and ditch the VG....If that doesn't work then after using V2 products exclusively for 3 years my next vaper will definitely not be V2.
    @anthony1000

If you are unable to change the Trinity settings to wattage mode only and are still seeing the Temperature mode it could be a faulty unit just my thoughts as I have not had that issue with my Trinity.

Hopefully it will eventually be sorted out as they are a great device.
  • samanthasamantha Posts: 3,440Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hi @anthony1000
     Welcome to the V2 Forum! :) 
    I am sorry to hear your device is not reaching its peak usage. We can troubleshoot with you to see if we can help you get it to vaping how you'd like. If that doesn't work, we can figure out a resolution. Pls let me know if I can have a CS member give you a call. Thank you.