WARNING: This product contains nicotine.
Nicotine is an addictive chemical.
18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

What You Need to Know About the FDA’s E-Liquid ANPRM

samanthasamantha Posts: 3,517Administrator, Moderator admin
edited January 16 in Vaping Regulation Updates

FDA Commissioner Dr. Scott Gottlieb is starting the new year focusing on a key issue we believe many V2 vapers should pay attention to – the regulation of e-liquids.

The administration just filed an Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (ANPRM) pertaining to e-liquid flavors in the U.S. This move is a distinct shift away from the vaping friendly tone that Dr. Gottlieb initially took when he became the new FDA commissioner in early 2017.

What Does This Mean for Vapers?

The ANPRM is being spearheaded by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), together with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). According to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs website, the sole purpose of this public proposal is to gather comments from industry experts, vapor enthusiasts and opponents from across the country on how to best regulate e-liquid flavors.

There has been extra scrutiny on vapor e-liquids in recent years since some vape opponents have argued some teenagers are being drawn to vaping due to the availability and marketing of various fruit-flavored e-liquids. At V2, we offer a variety of fruit flavors in our E-Liquid Marketplace. However, we always title, label and market these flavors in a mature manner to appeal to adults only.

While it’s important to be mindful about messaging associated with advertising for any vapor product, it is also critical to take into account the role that some e-liquid flavors play in helping vapers make the switch.

Read the full V2 blog post here: https://www.v2.com/blog/2018/01/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-fdas-e-liquid-anprm/

Tagged:

Comments

• chows1965chows1965 Posts: 7Member
    Our government is too big. They are not to mess around with almost all things. They are allowed very limited authority to tamper with anything a citizen is doing, unless they are protecting the public from harm. Even then then do the least invasive effective action. This is all in the constitution and meant to keep the power of government the lowest effective level. The big problem is past generations have allowed the government to permeate society way too far. If anyone wants to explain what our little do boy in the fda is doing and the negative impact of it I will call his office and tell him to drop his tampering. Anyone can do the same. They work for us and will do what we say and do a really good job of serving us like our little slave he was hired to be. One reason of many I hate that ,.,,,,?! Obama and most liberals that betray our country.
  • chows1965chows1965 Posts: 7Member
    I emailed this to the FDA. This is how you participate in the oversight of our government. I will post the report here when I get it. If government is doing something you don't like, make them expain exactly what they are spending our money on and how it will benefit us. If we citizens don't see value or simply don't want our money spent on it and the salaries of the twerps involved, then we tell them to cancel it.

Dear employee and servant of myself and all American Citizens,

Please send me a brief outline of your investigation into electronic cigarette liquid. Include it's purpose, list what prompted this, how this is going to benefit us and an example of possible regulatory outcome and any other possible changes. Please describe a clear benefit to us citzens to end the short report. I'm not looking for more than 2 or three pages, less if possible and still be complete. Thank you in advance. Please send to this email.

Sincerely, Eric Hall
  • samanthasamantha Posts: 3,517Administrator, Moderator admin
    Eric, great comments! Our entire team at V2 completely agree. The more vapers who can call, email and tweet and hold politicians and gov't entities accountable, the better!