18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

HOW AWESOME IS SAHARA!!!!

FFPM27FFPM27 Posts: 20Member
edited May 2011 in The World of E-Cigarettes
I WAS JUST INTERESTED IN SEEING HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE TRIED THE SAHARA?   I LOVED THE COWBOYS BUT SAHARA IS AMAZING.  ANYBODY ELSE THINK THE SAME??

Comments

• NadrojNadroj Posts: 54Member
    I liked the sahara quite a bit as well. I vaped on my sahara cart the entire work day. It is good!
  • ChainsawMBHChainsawMBH Posts: 14Member
    Sahara is probably the best flavor V2 offers.

The other tobacco flavors (Red and Congress) are alright, but Sahara is where its at. Love the Menthol (used to smoke Marlboro Menthol and Camel Menthol for 20 years).

Haven't tried the other flavors and I don't really have too much interest in any of them.
  • JackieOJackieO Posts: 10,239Member ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Sahara is the best.
  • Yep yep.....love the sahara! :D
  • JackieOJackieO Posts: 10,239Member ✭✭✭
    You are so good.
  • But of course! ;;)
  • CatLadyCatLady Posts: 619Member

FFPM27, Nadroj, and ChainsawMBH:  These Sahara's that you have; is the endcap (the plastic piece in the end that goes in your lips) hard plastic, or soft rubbery plastic? 

I'm thinking I may have gotton one of the 'test' batches.

• Did u see that Jackie.... How catlady just acted like we were not here. =; lol
  • NadrojNadroj Posts: 54Member
    I got one with the hard plastic as far as i know. All the carts i got were like that so i have nothing else to compare it too. I wish i wouldnt have vaped the whole thing though because it's only my second day vaping and i've retried some of the flavors and they taste much more delicous. :) not too mention when i was at the grocery store the lady in front of me smelled of stale smoke which is something i haven't smelt for quite some time. i cant believe i used to smell like that. gross!
  • miguel_v2cigsmiguel_v2cigs Posts: 13Member
    I agree, in my opinion Sahara is the best tobacco flavor we have, Very close to Camels.
    THemp (and Jackie), of course I wan't ignoring you!  Never would I do such a thing.:-/  I was going to the people who I thought had just recieved Sahara's.#:-S  I can't figure out why I dislike them so.  I keep going back and forth about whether to just wash them out and be done with it, or try to sneak them past my taste buds, somehow. 
    CatLady which brand of cigarettes you used to smoke ?
    miguel--Marlb. Medium.  Lots of them.  Your Red is my choice, but V2 was out when I made this order.
    Got to go, folks; it's work time.  Have a good afternoon!
    Have a good one ... Sahara is less sweet than the Red , I m pretty sure that you will like red better, remember that we are here to help if you have any further questions feel free to chat with us or give us a call.
  • CAT....i was just messing with you.... Its all good! ;))
  • HoracleoHoracleo Posts: 203Member

In my opinion Sahara is the best flavor v2 offers, followed very closely by menthol.  Manny suggested Sahara on my first order, since then I've had a chance to vape them all.

Red is pretty good but too sweet for my tastes - chocolatey in my opinion.

Now Congress...to me that is the essense of what I used to think a BAD cigarette tasted like.  There's this taste/smell reminiscent of when I was a little kid and liked to tear apart my grandma's Tareyton butts to get the charcoal out.  Can't even remember what I did with it, but I remember the smell was NASTY.

• stephankstephank Posts: 142Member
    sahara is by far the best flavor
  • marni_V2cigsmarni_V2cigs Posts: 1,153Member
  • darlenemyersdarlenemyers Posts: 1Member

Hello all,

I placed my first order today. I got the V2 Red 12 mg not the Sahara.  I smoke Virginia Slims - Ultra Lights.

I will be here often for support in hopes of completely leaving analogs behind. 

• MojoMojo Posts: 1,202Member
    Welcome!!  So far I like the Reds better than Sahara, Have not tried the Congress yet though...Sampler pack is coming tomorrow sooo  We'll see!
  • I think saharas are best for people first quiting.. to me, they taste the most like a real cigarette, but being smoke-free for almost 6 months now, i dont crave that cigarette taste anymore. :)
  • SammySammy Posts: 862Member
    I don't care for it much. Congress is pretty cool.
  • HoracleoHoracleo Posts: 203Member
    I am really appreciating a Sahara tonight.
  • LesaLesa Posts: 59Member
    I have not tried sahara, but since the 12 mg Reds were to strong of a flavor for me, someone did recommend the Sahara.  I have an order in for the 6 mg Reds hoping the flavor will be lighter......in analogs I smoked Doral lights.  Any suggestions?
  • J_ManJ_Man Posts: 37Member

I'm really liking the Sahara. Though, I do alternate between them, the Reds, and some juices.

@Lesa

The Sahara has smoother flavor than the Reds, to me. Very similar to a Camel (to me like the Turkish Golds they had) and some different Canadian and European cigs I have had. Dorals are made by the same folks who make Camels, I believe, so probably a similar flavor profile. Give Sahara a try! Was it the actual flavor or the throat hit that was too harsh with the 12mg Reds? Good luck and I hope you find a flavor/strength combo that works for you!

You found Sahara similar to some Canadian brands? Which ones? Curious.

Sammy
  • J_ManJ_Man Posts: 37Member
    The only Canadian brands I have ever had, mind you this was years ago so my memory may be a little off, were du Maurier and Player's. I just remember them being smoother than American brands to my taste. Which is why I like Sahara, that smoothness.
  • scottie2hottiescottie2hottie Posts: 7,265V2 Veteran
    edited June 2011
    I use to get Player's in California when they first came out for $1.75 on special at the Circle K.... WOW that was 20 yrs ago.... Strong ass cig for a middle school-er...
    $15 a pack here now. I smoked Du Maurier Light. IMO I don't find that Sahara is similar to it, but Red is not too far off (with sum added sweet flavor).

To me and a lot of other Canadians, US tobacco tastes like cigar tobacco.

My US friends kept trying to trade their Marlboros for my Du Mauriers when we were on a Jamaican vacay. At first puff I thought the Marlboro was ok, kind of like a long slim More brand cigarello. But couldn't tolerate more than one. I made a bad deal that day haha

Players is harsh yeah

Sammy
  • T4RJonT4RJon Posts: 106Member
    I smoke American Spirits. My travelers kit arrives today....fingers crossed. I got 15 Sahara cartos. Hoping I like them. I saw someone posted Sahara very similar to American Spirit Light (Yellow pack). Hoping this is true.

-Jonathan
    Got my Travelers Kit with Sahara(15x) 18mg today! Not bad at all, though more like a Camel than American Spirit.
  • BulldogBulldog Posts: 5Member
    The Sahara is is actually much better than I had anticipated.  I'm a Marlboro Light smoker so I ordered the Reds with my kit and I do like them a bit better, but I also got the sampler pack.  I'm not a fan of Camels at all, so I figured that I wouldn't like it, but Sahara is pretty decent and much better than Congress
    yeah congress blows

I have a pack of them and will be saving them for emergencies if I run out of carts. Or sending them to someone who likes them.

anyone? Bueller?  Bueller?    ~crickets~

Gag

Sammy
    I like the congress.  I have Reds 12 mg (lots of them)  that I will trade to anyone interested.
    PM me Lesa

Sammy
    @JayMan

Its the flavor of the reds I do not like which is unfortunate as they came with my power cig, and before I received the power cig I ordered the travelers kit, and a 20 pack, because it was stated that former Doral smokers liked Red. I got the sampler pack only reds and coffee I do not care for at all. I really like the peppermint and of all the tobacco flavors I liked the Congress the best.
  • JaniceJanice Posts: 380Member
    That's exactly why newbies need to order the sampler 10pk so they can try them all. Everyone's taste is different.
  • jrny1jrny1 Posts: 1,082Member
    @Lesa :  As time goes by your taste will probably change some. When I started vaping all I wanted was anything that taste like a real cig and the Reds and Congress was what I found the best for me, then I ordered the sampler pk and now want more of the flavors than the reg.tobacco ones. Going down in nic will be a touch smoother on taste and very little throat hit and it might work for you so give yourself some time and you will see that your taste will change as you go forward. But with that being said the Saharas are pretty darn good. Good luck and HAPPY VAPING :-"
  • scottie2hottiescottie2hottie Posts: 7,265V2 Veteran
    Jrny1 check your inbox or email....
    I guess I'm one of those that just don't like Sahara.  And it never did change, not in several weeks.  Oh, well, V2 has several other flavors that are just fantastic.
    I got my sampler pack today, as well as 20 Sahara, 5 peppermint, 5 coffee, 5 vanilla, and 5 cola. I got all mediums this time. I started out with sahara 18s.

Sahara is MUCH better as a medium. So far, I'm not liking the Chocolate and the Coffee, which is strange as I'm a coffee fiend. ...I actually went as Starbucks Guy one year for halloween. My wife and I are talking about doing that again this year....

Sahara Mediums are by far my favorite so far. I do like cola and vanilla, and RED and cherry are actually surprising me. I'm very glad I chose the variety pack, and am finding I like more flavors than I thought I would.

-Jonathan
    I'm dropping down to 6mg next order and can't wait to get more Sahara, at first I did not like them and then they grew on me.  I hope the 6mg are yum as well...
    @mojo

I'm debating dropping to 6's as well. I may stay at mediums til fall.... guess I should get through a few cartos before I decide. How long have you been vaping?
    About a month...not long

Does the 6mg Sahara have a good throat hit?  Anyone know?
    I started with the 6 mg and will be going up to the 12mg. The way I understand it is that the more mg the more throat hit. It does have a little th, but I find myself vaping peppermint of the same mg because of the mint I feel a better th. Ask yourself if you will likely vape more to compensate?
    Hmmm....guess I better decide soon lol
  • puppynursepuppynurse Posts: 1,514V2 Veteran

The sahara's are ok they are smooth with a hint of sweetness but being a long time menthol smoker I have to say the menthol and peppermint are my favorite in both the 18mg and 12 mg strengths,  I also like the cola and the vanilla.  I also got a sampler pack and I HATED the congress, the reds are ok the cofee is also ok but towards the bottom of the list and the cherry gave me heartburn.  It really is a personal taste thing though and everyones tastes are different.