WARNING: This product contains nicotine.
Nicotine is an addictive chemical.
18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

Black Note users

I purchased some Adagio before it became unavailable and I was wondering if anyone could recommend one of the flavors they still produce (Prelude, Sonata, Forte, Legato) as a substitute.

As a side note, while V2 still has Bravura and Prelude listed in their store, Black Note is no longer making these flavors either, so you might want to stock up while you still can.

Comments

• AndiiAndii Posts: 125Member
    I don't see them ever getting rid of Prelude.  Did you mean Bravura and Cadenza?
  • egm7691egm7691 Posts: 4Member
    I stand corrected, thanks for the catch.
    While they still offered the variety pack of the flavors you mentioned above in parenthesis, I bought one.   I am using a series 3 with a VG ceramic cartridge I bought just for the purpose of trying them. Of what I can tell, Prelude is super light with a tiny hint of sweet and tobacco. Sonata is better, and probably my favorite and closest to a marlboro light. Forte is stronger and similar to a marlboro red. Legato is strange and probably an acquired taste as it is tobacco and pepper mixed.

I am used to PG e juices so I probably need a harder throat hit. Other people think Prelude is like a Marlboro light, Sonata a marlboro red, Forte a filterless cig. So if you are used to VG, go with their assessment. If you buy one and it is too light/strong for you, mix it with another to get the right hit for you. 

I was drawn to Black Note as their process is so "clean" and would not gunk up my cartridges. They are half PG, half VG so figured would be smarter to use a VG cartridge. But when I'm really needing that perfect inhale, I go to Sahara PG. To me, it tastes even better than smoking (was a Marlboro Light junkie). I just purchased a bottle of Sahara VG to see how it stands up to Black Note. I'm curious to see what you purchase and your thoughts :)
  • egm7691egm7691 Posts: 4Member
    I just ordered some new carts, and like you, thought the VG ceramic cart might work a little better with the Black Note.  Through a friend, I got a 20% off coupon from Halo and I am going to give their Halo Blue Tribeca a try, as it sounds like it has the flavor profile I wished for after trying the Adagio and V2 Red.

Do you like the ceramic carts?  Up til now, I have only used the Series 3 PG carts.
  • rbaker1009rbaker1009 Posts: 1,268Member
    Andii said: I was drawn to Black Note as their process is so "clean" and would not gunk up my cartridges. They are half PG, half VG so figured would be smarter to use a VG cartridge. But when I'm really needing that perfect inhale, I go to Sahara PG. To me, it tastes even better than smoking (was a Marlboro Light junkie). I just purchased a bottle of Sahara VG to see how it stands up to Black Note. I'm curious to see what you purchase and your thoughts :)
    I have been through 3 bottles of Legato. I was also a Marlboro Light smoker I think Legato's taste is as close to tobacco as I've found. Also, Black Note has the classiest packaging ever. I found the Legato reduced the life of my EX wick style blanks as opposed to Sahara however..
    @egm7691 I do like the ceramics (though I think I will try a regular series 3 pg cart for the Black Note to see if I get more flavor)... buy one to see how it works for you. I recently purchased a VG ceramic  for my Series 7 and I can finally taste the vg juice... with my series 3 (with ceramic vg cart), I have to take inhale/exhale at least 3 times before I can figure out what it tastes like. With a Battery and ceramic cartridges, I can't really at all. So my Series 7 will be my VG juice machine. The only downfall of ceramics, of course, is that they really go through the battery life and juice quickly. But the longer life of the cartridge and more taste coming through (at least with high pg juices) outweighs those minuses.

@rbaker1009 My next refill will be of Legato in my Series 7 with ceramic vg cart. and I'll tell you my impressions. I haven't tried the Black Note in a regular Ex blank and will try that as well to see if flavor is better in that then the ceramic Ex blank. As far as the packaging, yes really nice but getting the lid off the bottle is challenging...the big dropper is doable but not as easy as V2's  e juice bottles. I'm guessing since the Black Note is 50vg/50pg, it will clog up a cartridge designated for higher pg juices faster than a high pg juice. The Sahara VG juice I just got is really thick and I know will clog up cart faster than Black Note.

Everyone's taste is different and a person who loves vg will probably have differing opinions than mine above. My conclusion after all these vg experiments is that I'm just a pg e juice person.  Flavor and throat hit are much more important than the amount of vapor I produce. And Sahara pg is still my go to e juice. I will have small vaping sessions with the vg and all the rest of V2's specialty flavors (grape, cola, etc) just for fun but at the end of the day (and the beginning more importantly :P) I love a sit down at my computer with a Sahara vape.
    @rbaker1009 tried the Legato this time in my vg ceramic with series 7 and it is just too strong. To me almost tastes like when you accidentally lit the wrong end of a cig. What device are you using for Legato? Do you steep your e juices?

Just goes to show how everyone's experience and taste can differ so much. I like the Sonata and Forte for a change up... but still like the pg Sahara the best and even vg Sahara in vg ceramic for series 7 is a good choice, especially if you like vg better. Just another opinion but I think the only way a person can know for sure is trying it themselves :) 
  • rbaker1009rbaker1009 Posts: 1,268Member
    Yea Andii, it is fairly strong and I don't use it as a daily vape. I was the occasional cigar smoker and the taste reminds me a bit of a cigar and I kinda vape Legato like that, occasionally for something stronger and different. 

I use EX battery and EX wick blanks. I don't steep, I tried it several times and really didn't taste any difference..