18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

E liquid properties

Does e liquid evaporate? Eventually?
Is PG more susceptible than VG? Anyone know?

Comments

• AndiiAndii Posts: 111Member
    I bet google does :P
  • rbarron316rbarron316 Posts: 112Member
    @Andii

That's the first thing I did when I read the post.  Google.  Nothing definitive, but I did find a post from someone, somewhere who stated their label on 60PG/40VG stated use within 24 months after opening.  Some posts stated the nicotine would diminish in strength over time.  Or that it would get gunky and clog up.  Didn't really see anything that confirmed it would evaporate other than liquids are subject to evaporation based upon conditions (temperature, humidity, etc.,).  I keep 6 bottles open at any time.  Have not noticed any evaporation.  Only missing e-liquid has been from a few leaking cartridges.  I do note on V2 boxes on their liquids they have a Best Before date on the boxes.
  • PDXJackPDXJack Posts: 61Member
    How long do you guys steep your e liquid if you even do?
    Does it still steep if it's shrink wrapped in the plastic? Or unwrapped but still capped? Or do you have to have it be left open(why I asked about evaporation)

Omg I think I know why I hate the tobacco flavors but really enjoy the peppermint and GTM @Andii

the e liquid sampler pack I got was batch vslc. Peppermint was tested June 2nd. GTM on June 9th. And everything else was tested June 19th and 20th! And the flavor I can't stand the most. Wasn't tested until June 22nd!! Idk if test date means brew date but this could be why I dont like em (yet!) If it is manufacture date, maybe if I let it sit an additional 2-3 weeks I'll enjoy em much like I do peppermint and GTM as mentholly flavors aren't even my favorite!

#TheMoreYouKnow
    Jeez June 2nd until today is 291 days. That seems like an awfully long time to make e juicd
  • samanthasamantha Posts: 3,440Administrator, Moderator admin
    If the bottle is sealed there will be no evaporation.  Any liquid, no matter what it is, would experience some evaporation if it were left open. If e-liquid is left open, the amount lost would be less than 1% of 1 ml. Not enough to notice with the naked eye because it would be minimal.  This would apply to both PG and VG. 

Hopefully this helps you all. 
    Steeping involves opening the bottle cap and letting it get air for 10-15 min usually. 
    Good to know! Thanks for the info!
  • David1886David1886 Posts: 545Member
    If you look at the box of the V2 Platinum liquid in the fine print it states "Use within 60 days of opening"
    @David1886

Well, that is weird.  They need to talk to their manufacturer.  I have 10 unopened boxes of V2 liquid.  Six of them say nothing about 60 days and four of them do.  It appears this is just underneath "underage sale prohibited".  They must be either not printing it on certain boxes or the boxes are being cut short during manufacture and are cutting this off of some e-liquid boxes.

Thanks for pointing it out.  I read an unopened box 3 times (all six sides) looking for the 60 days.  Couldn't find it.  Was wondering if you were losing your bird until I grabbed another unopened box and there it was.
  • David1886David1886 Posts: 545Member
    @rbarron316
    It might be the age of the stock and a recent addition as all my bottles are Bold Leaf Menthol.
    @David1886

Well, guess I forgot the third option.  They've added the verbiage to newer boxes.  I believe you've hit the nail on the head.  
  • AndiiAndii Posts: 111Member
    I read this on a site:

A person put a drop of vg e liquid and pg e liquid on mirror side by side and marked them. 3 days later, there was a stain where the pg drop was, yet the vg drop was still completely there. If the environmental factors were indeed identical (air flow hitting drops, etc.), this is pretty interesting.

• samanthasamantha Posts: 3,440Administrator, Moderator admin
    Our eliquid lasts min 2 years - that is just standard package verbiage.