18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

3x liquid cartridge

Can anyone out there confirm/deny that 3x liquid cartridges last for 40 refills? A pretty big investment at $45 a pop... and will V2 be selling just the cartridges minus the atomizers. I think I will know when I get my initial atomizers which ones I would prefer as I'll try them with the kit. Or any way we can choose which atomizers we want with the cartridge when we buy them? I can just see I will have unused atomizers galore if I try and like the 3x.

Comments

• rbarron316rbarron316 Posts: 90Member
    @Andii

It's not really the 3x cartridge.  It is the atomizer.  The cartridge body (unless defective.  I've had four of them separate, which V2 resolved, but no problems the past few months) will last a good long time. 

I do agree they need to stop bundling the variety pack atomizers with the cartridge.  This just isn't good business.  Anybody buying a 3x kit is going to get a variety pack anyway with the kit.  Then one can buy individual atomizer packs depending upon your atomizer preference.  All I buy now is the 1.2 atomizer and will NEVER use the .9 or 1.5 atomizers again, so why should I have to buy them in order to purchase a cartridge.  

Since the regular Series 3 cartridges have not worked well for me, I would like to buy some of the 3x cartridges for my other two Series 3 pens, but not at $45 a pop.  I currently alternate my 3x cartridges on my Series 3 and Series 3x pens.  
  • PDXJackPDXJack Posts: 50Member
    @rbarron316

What's so good about 1.2 over 1.5 or .9?
    Isn't sub-ohm vaping "nice" for bigger clouds and throat hit? (Or flavor? I'm not sure which) It also makes it VG compatible or do you not ever use VG juices? And stick with high PG stiff only? I know the .9 ohm coil will use more battery power to fire the atomizer. And if you strictly use high PG, why isn't the highest ohm coil best? As I hear it uses least power and better for PG specific. And help with PG flavor
    @PDXJack

.9=clouds.  1.2/1.5=throat hit.  I've tried the .9 on 60VG/40PG and 50/50 in my 3X.  It just didn't produce that much cloud and they just ended up fouling up.  I went ahead and purchased a Trinity just to have something to use up my supply.  Perhaps if I purchase blends that are virtually all VG, it would have worked better for me, but I am into throat hit and not clouds.  

As far as the 1.5 vs the 1.2, I found the 1.5 was fouling out much quicker than the 1.2.  I really didn't notice that much difference in the throat hit between the two.  So, 1.2 with a good throat hit and not fouling out vs 1.5 with a good throat hit and fouling out.  Was a matter of economics in terms of what atomizers I could purchase that produced the best result for me.

I understand everyone's experience will likely differ.  I saw a video that a friend of V2 posted sometime back.  He was using the 3X with some funky juice and was producing some huge clouds.  I never got anywhere near that using the Black Note and Vape Bartender blends that I bought. 
  • AndiiAndii Posts: 84Member
    @rbarron316 ;    Thanks for info. Last question (maybe)... how long do the atomizers last?
    edited March 21
    @Andii

Really difficult to say.  I am running multiple devices at the same time.  If I was just using a single device then the life would not be as long.  I can say that it is not unusual for me to use a single atomizer until I used a full 50ml bottle and then would change out the atomizer when I changed my liquid type.  Since I have multiple bottles open at any time, it might take me a month or two to go through any individual 50ml bottle.  I know that doesn't help you too much.  It seems to me that I haven't used more than two atomizers for any single 50ml bottle.  Generally one, though. 

Too, you sometimes get an atomizer that just doesn't function properly.  You know it once installed, but try to give it a chance.  When evident it is not functioning properly, just discard it and put in another one.  It's not a perfect world with these atomizers.   
    @rbarron316 ;  Wow, that's longer than I thought. If a setup could last the lifetime of a 50ml bottle, I'd be stoked. Thanks again for your time and info :)
    @Andii

Again, everyone's experience is going to differ.  Does one single draw or draw multiple times?  If you draw 3 seconds, 5 seconds, eight seconds.  What temperature setting?  What air-flow setting?  I can give you an example that the Pumpkin Spice I purchased has been open for over a month now.  I have perhaps 8 ml left in the bottle.  Am using the same atomizer as the day I opened the bottle.   I have another bottle of Peppermint Bark.  I'm now on my 2nd atomizer with 40 ml remaining.  May be a case of the first atomizer not functioning properly and me replacing it with another.

If anything, next time I open a fresh bottle and install a new atomizer, I will notate the date to get a better feel.  If any help, I purchased nine 1.2 atomizers on January 16.  Of those, I still have six unopened.  Of the three used, I tossed one on the Peppermint Bark not too long after using.  So, technically, have only really used 2 1/4 atomizers since January 20th or so.

Finally, have three Series 3x cartridges, 2 classic long blanks, and a Trinity all going at the same time.  My usage is not really representative of I guess most who have 1 or 2 devices going at the same time.  If I only drag on a device 1/6 of the time that a device would normally be used, then obviously my experience is going to be completely different than what others experience.
  • samanthasamantha Posts: 3,357Administrator, Moderator admin
    The Series 3x carts can get UP TO 40 refills. Factors such as frequency of use, how deep your drags are, what type of liquid you use and your vaping style overall can all play a part in the number of refills you receive.  The Kit will always come with the three different atomizers. Perhaps you can use the swap thread to swap new atomizers with different users?
    @samantha ; I am really interested in the 3x as you can see. The kit setup itself is brilliant. Is there any way that you guys can make the 3x cartridge available for purchase by itself? Persons who have already purchased the kit know exactly which ohm level they prefer... the other 2 would be superfluous, therefore wasting their money for things they don't want. 

Swap thread? Really? Don't think that's the answer :/
    I have asked that but as of now - no; you have to get the kit; cannot just get the battery as of now. It is a really great vaporizer so I highly recommend :P 
    BTW - The  Ohms for the blanks are as follows

Ex Blank Ohms: 2.7
    Ceramic Ex Blank Ohms : 1.9 

I want the kit.. that's not what I'm saying. After I get the kit, I probably will only want a specific atomizer, not all three. The only option you have right now when you buy a 3x cartridge is getting all three types. Why not allow us at least to choose which atomizers we get with the cartridge?
  • PDXJackPDXJack Posts: 50Member
    I'm guessing @samantha was answering for me.... But hot damn 1.9 is still pretty dang high for VG. No wonder you didn't like the VG juices in a ceramic blank @andii
    All atomizers are for sale on our Accessories page - check out here - https://www.v2.com/accessories
    (row 5 & 6 features the 3 packs of all types and then 3 pack of each atomizer)