18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

Series 3x and pg e juice

When I first got my Series 3x, I tried V2 sahara pg with a 1.2 ohm and 1.5 ohm atomizer. They kind of worked at first, but after about 7 inhale/exhales, all I got was liquid in my mouth. I tried all heat/air flow combinations with no success. That's when I tried vg e juice with the .9 ohm atomizers and fell in love with that set up with absolutely no hiccups.

I cleaned those initial 1.2 and 1.5 atomizers the same way I have cleaned the .9 atomizers. Today I tried V2 Black with the 1.2 atomizer and again, it worked for about 5 drags, then liquid in my mouth. Again, I tried every heat/air flow combination to no avail. So did I get bum atomizers or is this all I can expect for pg e juice with the 3x? I put V2 Black from the same bottle into my Series 3 with a new regular cart and it worked just fine for the whole cart. So it's not the e liquid.

I prime each atomizer and fill cartridge and let sit for 15 minutes before I take the first puff. All parts are on all the way. Like I said, everything works just fine for the vg experience. Logic tells me it's the atomizer.. would just like to hear from others that the 3x works great with pg e juice and then I can try another atomizer. Would be strange to get a faulty 1.2 AND 1.5 ohm atomizer with the .9 ohm atomizer still going strong after 5 cleanings.

Comments

• rbarron316rbarron316 Posts: 105Member
    edited April 29
    @Andii

Wow.  Pretty weird.  I burn PG all day, all night.  Rarely the gurgles.  Yep, you will occasionally get a bad atomizer that either 1. will not burn whatsoever or 2. will gurgle.  Make sure if you are cleaning your mouthpiece that you make sure it is absolutely dry.  Liquid can get in the air-flow area and must be dry.  I blow into the air-flow area, then use a hair-dryer along with air drying overnight.  I'm sure you already do it, but make sure your atomizer is screwed in tightly to the contact and that your contact is screwed tightly into the cartridge.  If you cleaned your cartridges, again, blow dry it and air-dry it.  You don't want any liquid in the chamber.  Too, when filling, make sure no liquid gets on top of the silicone.  I keep my pens stored upright so fluid can't back-flow into the mouthpiece.  Finally, I let mine steep for probably 30-45 minutes before using.

If after doing all of that, then I'd say you have bad atomizer(s).  I just opened up a new 3 pack.  The first 1.2 only lasted about 5 fills before performance diminished (hard to draw) and I cleaned it.  The second did not fire at all and I had to throw it away.  The third is firing pretty hot and makes a slight gurgling/bubbling sound, but no liquid into the mouthpiece. 

• AndiiAndii Posts: 108Member
    Yeah, I think it's the atomizers.. thanks @rbarron316 for feedback. Everything was dry before I primed and filled cart. I let it set upright (always do) for another 6 hours (didn't steep, just sat in cartridge with lid on) and it's still gurgling. Will try another atomizer tomorrow and if that's a fail, will just let my series 3 and regular cart do the trick for my pg yearnings. Really, really enjoying V2 Black right now in between my vg splurges.

@Andii

Hopefully you can run Black in your 3x using a 3x cartridge.  It is like vaping a black licorice Twizzler.  One of my favorite flavors.
    Okay... user error again I think. With the vg e juice, I really saturate the three little dots when I prime the atomizer. With the pg e juice, just dabbing a little or not priming at all and letting sit longer is the way to do it. I oversaturated and the e juice had no where to go. 

Gotta say, really awesome to take a big hit off the 3x with pg e juice. With my series 3 or series 7, I have to halt the inhale as it's just too much. And the vape cloud is pretty cool too.. have never had that much with either the 3 or 7. Have it on the highest heat setting and air flow open all the way as I do with vg e juice... all the characters and tastes the e juice has to offer come through.

With V2 Black, I get a subtle taste of the black licorice that you're talking about but it's only in my peripheral sensing, so slight as almost not there. I'm not a big fan of black licorice so don't think I would like this if that were the main taste. I know it's tobacco, but it's one I never had before so probably something I smelled in all my experiences -- maybe pipe tobacco I was around in my dad's carpentry workshop growing up. Whatever it is, I really like it. Can't wait to try Sahara pg and experience that in my new awesome toy.

V2, you outdid yourself with the 3x. The battery lasts longer (even on high setting) then the series 3, takes less time to charge, and everything works as it should. The options for changing heat and air flow make it customizable to my tastes, but not overly complicated. My only complaint is the threading on the black tipped series 3x cartridges.. takes awhile to get them back on. But I don't care... I'm having the most amazing vape experience, one I never thought possible. :)

And yay! I don't have to throw out the 1.2 ohm atomizer I oversaturated.. just use my handy dandy cleaning method and can try sahara pg with it tomorrow :)
    @Andii

Yay!!!  Happy that you were able to get the PG flowing your way.  It's worrisome when I recommend something based upon my experiences and it doesn't pan out for someone else.  I knew running the 3x with PG "should" be a good experience, but at the end of the day, think everything really boils down to those atomizers.  Too, if you get a dud or half a dud, then the experience is totally shot.  Shame these atomizers can't come off the assembly line the same (again, my experience with a new 3 pack in the same cartridge:  1 gave out after 5 fills, 1 didn't work at all, 1 fires pretty well).  

If anything, your comments on the other thread on your VG reviews will probably force me to buy some of those blends and give the .9 atomizers another try with my 3x devices.  Fingers crossed.
    I really hope you enjoy them as much as I am @rbarron316... I know everyone's tastes are different, but it seems like if you like blueberry pie, you'd like the vape taste of it too, right? I prime each dot on the atomizer 3 times, going around it...it soaks up pretty quick and that way doesn't dry up as vg so much thicker. Crossing my fingers for you too :)