18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

Could Vaping Be the “Most Significant Public Health Benefit in a Generation”?

samanthasamantha Posts: 3,440Administrator, Moderator admin
ARTICLE: http://www.insidesources.com/this-could-be-the-most-singificant-public-health-benefit-weve-seen-in-a-generation-vta-head-says-of-vaping/

It is hard to separate American history from the smell of tobacco smoke. The first English colonists in Jamestown grew tobacco as a cash crop and more than two hundred years later, smoking remains a hundred billion dollar industry today. Over the course of the last decade, though, nicotine habits are becoming increasingly separated from that smell of smoke. Vaping has seen rapid growth as more and more smokers turn to it as a means of reducing their risk of cancer and an aid to kicking the habit. Regulations at the state and federal level could hamper or halt this process, though. This is where the The Vapor Technology Association (VTA) steps in.

The VTA is a trade organization for the vaping industry. Since its January 2016 launch, the VTA has grown to include around 600 members, who represent all levels of the vaping industry, from device and liquid manufacturers and wholesalers to the estimated 9,000-10,000 small businesses selling vaping products around the country.

“It’s a privilege for me to be working in this space because real entrepreneurs and real innovators are trying to help people and you actually see then from the consumer side that incredible reaction, which is powerful,” says Tony Abboud, VTA’s executive director.

The vaping industry is remarkable in that it is an example of how innovation can disrupt even a well-established industry.

“This is the first time you have had a vertically-integrated distribution chain grow up and stand independent of the traditional tobacco distribution chain,” says Abboud, who explains that while the major tobacco companies are involved in the industry and sell vaping productions, by no means do they control the market. Instead, a whole industry has grown up outside of this framework.

Tagged:

Comments

• rbaker1009rbaker1009 Posts: 1,224Member
    I think the award for the "Most Significant Public Health Benefit in a Generation" could very well be vaping's contribution to smoking cessation but I think there are still too many tobacco smokers unwilling to make the change for a variety of reasons.

Perhaps the fact that vaping exists does qualify it as the most significant public health benefit in a generation due to the fact that it has led to companies like Phillip Morris to declare they are getting out of the cigarette business and will become tobacco vapor companies, an incredible paradigm shift.

Future generations will benefit immeasurably from the invention and adoption of vaping. So yea, I think it qualifies.
  • samanthasamantha Posts: 3,440Administrator, Moderator admin
    Completely agreed @rbaker1009