WARNING: This product contains nicotine.
Nicotine is an addictive chemical.
18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

Do you support 21+ legal age for vaping?

samanthasamantha Posts: 3,553Administrator, Moderator admin
What are your thoughts on the smoking/vaping legal age?

FULL ARTICLE: http://www.salemnews.com/news/local_news/state-may-fix-minimum-age-for-tobacco-at/article_8b643743-a368-5470-a101-c2a3605309ce.html

BOSTON — Smokers must be at least 21 years old to buy cigarettes in 170 Massachusetts cities and towns. But in many cases, underage smokers can feed their habit by traveling only a few miles to a neighboring community where the minimum age is still 18.

Anti-smoking groups say a patchwork of local regulation has complicated efforts to reduce teen smoking. They want the Legislature to clear the air of confusion over how old smokers must be to buy cigarettes by making Massachusetts the sixth state to set the minimum purchase age at 21.

On Wednesday, the House of Representatives took the first steps toward making that change by approving a proposal to raise the age to 21 for all tobacco products and set new regulations for e-cigarettes and vaping.

The measure, approved by a vote of 146-4, must also be approved by the Senate and survive Gov. Charlie Baker's veto pen.

"We need to take more aggressive steps to reduce smoking and nicotine addiction among young people," said Rep. Lori Ehrlich, D-Marblehead, a co-sponsor of several of the provisions. "This would create a statewide uniform law, because right now kids can just go to another community to legally buy."

The proposal would also ban the sale of tobacco products in pharmacies, which at least 160 cities and towns have already outlawed and many pharmacy chains have implemented on their own.

E-cigarette manufacturers, meanwhile, would be required to use child-resistant packaging for liquid nicotine, or face fines up to $1,000 per violation.

Comments

• samanthasamantha Posts: 3,553Administrator, Moderator admin
    Note - V2 already has child-resistant e-liquid packaging and age verification for customers in every state and country.
  • Navy20Navy20 Posts: 1,217Member

Okay . . .  Here we go again and again and again . . . History certainly has a way of repeating itself.

Upon graduation from high school (many years ago), I enlisted in the U.S. Navy.   I was old enough to serve and defend my country and die in a foreign land (Viet Nam), yet in my home state of North Dakota, I was not legally old enough to vote, smoke or drink alcoholic beverages.  

I smoked for approximately 45 years and the tobacco industry took its toll on me.   The time had come for me to quit cigarettes and move forward . . .  however it wasn't that easy.    I tried several different ways to quit tobacco:   cold turkey, hypnosis, nicotine gum, lozenges and patches.   I got to the point that I was wearing a patch, chewing the gum and popping lozenges all at the same time.   I tried several off brand e-cigs, none of this worked and I would still return to tobacco cigarettes.   Finally I found V2 (I placed my first order with V2 on 28 January 2013) and have never looked back . . .  Big Tobacco and the Pharmaceuticals have been kicked to the curb.  

I would never encourage anyone to start smoking or chewing tobacco and I would never encourage anyone to vape  who has never smoked.   However, for family members, friends and associates that do smoke and/or chew tobacco, I do speak of a much better alternative and of course, attempt to lead them to V2.  

I would much rather see an 18 year old with an e-cig or vaporizer than with a pack of tobacco cigarettes.

• David1886David1886 Posts: 636Member
    edited August 27
    I was in s similar situation to you started smoking at 18 years old and after 34 years in 2011 attempted to quit without success gum, patches etc but still kept smoking until I discovered e-cigs at that time was not aware they existed "Australia was well behind the USA with people knowing such a product existed" a friend told me they can be purchased from the USA placed an order with another company Green Sm**e which just sold basic e-cigs and stopped the filthy habit from day one.
    Then in 2012 discovered V2 Australia which only had a limited range and was only allowed to sell 0% nicotine but they had a link to V2 USA who had a huge range of products and I was one of the lucky ones that have never had a analog cigarette since and that was a life changer to my health, money saved and no complaints from family members visiting that my house stunk of cigarettes.
  • samanthasamantha Posts: 3,553Administrator, Moderator admin
    Good insight @David1886