18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

Series 3 and Ceramic Cartridges

Anyone having trouble using these cartridges with the Series 3?  Won't work with mine - they seem to require more power than my battery can provide, and keep blinking off red, even when fully charged. Even in Pass through mode I can't get them to work.  Have tried with two carts so far.  Wicked carts and pods seem to work fine.

Comments

• David1886David1886 Posts: 560Member

I purchased 2 of the PG Ceramic to try after they were out of stock for many months one worked perfectly and was amazed at the vapor produced the second has the same issue with all my series 3 units with the red light flashing.

These PG Cartridges have a much lower resistance 1.2 ohms which will drain your battery faster than the Original Carts to produce more vapor and a better vape but the Red light issue should not happen on a fully charged Series 3.

I am about to order some more as when working properly are a fantastic product and have a very easy draw and bring out the flavor of the liquid much better than the old style carts.
  • Steveb02Steveb02 Posts: 3Member
    @David1886 - All my ceramic carts are VG, which are sub-ohm.  I think they drain the battery super fast, and my battery does not hold a good charge in any case.  V2 says they will send me a replacement battery.  I have a PG cart on its way, and I'm anxious to try that one.  With a higher resistance, it should use less power.
    edited May 22

The VG Ceramic at 0.9 ohms drain the battery very quickly but preform very well.

I am glad V2 are sending you a replacement as they stand by there products and have the best warranty in the Vaping industry.

You will love the PG Ceramic Cart previously I used the VG but after receiving my PG will not purchase the VG again as the PG produces massive vapor and great throat hit.
  • samanthasamantha Posts: 3,444Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hey @Steveb02 - We appreciate your feedback. It looks like CS took care of you, but if you need any further assistance, please let me know and I'll gladly assist. Let me double check on best tips when using PG Ceramic carts and hopefully that will help you have a better experience.
  • Steveb02Steveb02 Posts: 3Member
    Hi @samantha - Yes, Have been using my replacement Series 3 for a couple of days now through 2 charging cycles, and so far its working perfectly.  It is a joy to use compared to the battery problems I was having with the first one.  Thanks so much to all the customer service staff for taking such good care of the problem I had.  I appreciate it greatly!  
    Thanks for reaching out and we appreciate your patience Steve! :)
  • dogcowdogcow Posts: 8Member
    My ceramic VG cartridges get very, very hot in my series 3. I am using VG juice. Is this normal and safe? Where can I order the cartridges with the wicks?
    Hi @dogcow - It sounds like we should troubleshoot with you. That is not typical.
    Someone apparently tried to call and believes my contact phone # is incorrect. It's correct. I have AT&T uverse and it is currently down so I am using my cell phone as a hotspot. I ordered 10 of the ceramic VG cartridges and have only tried one. It may just be that cartridge but I am kind of afraid to try another. Have you discontinued the wicked cartridges?

Hi @dogcow - Yes we still have wick carts. Have you been assisted? Pls let me know if I can help.
    Hi Samantha, I was offered some suggestions but I simply do not like the VG ceramics. I wish I had not purchased so many of them. The life of the cartridge is what attracted me at 4X longer than the wicked version but my experience is that they don't last as long as the wicks. Maybe it's just me. They seem to get clogged very fast with the thick VG juice. I may try the PG ceramics after I get through all the high VG juice I have. 

I have been using the Series 3 PG Ceramic for many months now and they have been fantastic huge clouds of Vapor and they last for ages depending on the e-liquid you use with my Bold Leaf Menthol am getting around 30 Plus complete refills and with one only lasting a few days which leaked I still have 8 brand new in boxes as at the price are great value for money.

After using the PG and then use my Wick Cartridges you really notice the difference in performance flavor and throat hit my biggest problem is that I still have over 20 of the Original wick carts.

The PG Ceramic at 1.2oms drains your battery faster but not as fast as the VG Ceramic at 0.9oms which do get much hotter as the lower the ohms the more power is required to heat the cartridge.

I have used the VG Ceramics with mixed results as the higher the VG percentage and if the liquid is dark shortens the life dramatically the V2 Platinum VG seems to work well as not as thick as other liquids I ended up using mine with 50/50 and they seemed to preform much better.

These are just my thoughts based on my personal experience with the liquids and equipment used.
    Thank you, David. I have noticed that even though my VG juice starts out almost clear, it quickly turns dark once in the VG ceramic. I don't know what is causing that. You give me hope with the PG's though.

You are up late I am actually in Australia.

If your VG Liquid quickly turns dark I think that it's because it might have a very high VG ratio and the Ceramic is not able to absorb the liquid fast enough which can cause extra heat and burn the e-liquid inside the Cartridge.

You will love the high PG Ceramic and the amount of refills will depend on what liquid you are using as I use Bold Leaf Menthol, Menthol & Congress have had great results they will still get warmer at 1.2 ohms and drain the battery faster than the Original Wick and the time between charges will depend on the age of your Series 3 not sure if you have the standard or the 3X.

V2 Currently have a sale on the Series 3 selling at $29.00 which is a fantastic price I am placing an order for 2 Silver as will then have several back up units.

Take care
    David, I am always up late...I am retired so I don't live by the clock anymore. I ordered 2 blue and 2 silver...haha...that is a good price. I didn't realize that about the VG juice burning. I thought my Series 3 was getting hot because the juice didn't have a high enough VG ratio so I went hardcore. Thanks again for the advice.

I am also retired and mentioned the sale price of the Series 3 as can't believe how cheap they are.

With your VG liquid burning what PG/VG ratio are you using is it V2.

The Series 3 will get hot depending what cartridge you are using the lower the resistance "ohm" the more power is required to heat the liquid.

The standard wick cart is around 2.2-2.4 ( Ω ) the PG Ceramic 1.2 ( Ω ) and sub ohm 0.9 ( Ω )

I gave up on the 0.9 cartridge and only use the 1.2 ( Ω ) PG Ceramic which still produces clouds of vapor and with the higher PG you will find the flavor and throat hit much better than VG liquid.

Currently using Bold Leaf Menthol am using almost a full 50ml bottle of liquid before replacing.

Have a great day.