WARNING: This product contains nicotine.
Nicotine is an addictive chemical.
18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

Series 3X - I keep getting a mouth full of liquid

I have a Series 3X kit and I'm using the Vsavi VG liquid (12 mg/ml).

If I use the Series 3 Sub-Ohm Ceramic E-Liquid Cartridge which came with the kit, it seems to work but is not that satisfying as it doesn't produce that much vapour.

I've tried using the Series 3X E-Liquid Cartridge (adjustable airflow) that also came with the kit, with the 0.9 sub-ohm atomiser. This worked much better and was producing a much better vape. But after a couple of days it began letting a lot of liquid through. I've tried cleaning out the cartridge, but after two or three draws, i'm sucking on liquid again. I've also tried an entirely new cartridge and changing the atomiser, but nothing seems to work.

I'm using the recommended Vsavi VG liquid, the recommended sub-ohm atomiser, on the recommended setting, but nothing seems to work. I'd appreciate any help anyone could give me on this, as I like the Series 3X but this is very frustrating!
Tagged:

Comments

• rbarron316rbarron316 Posts: 125Member
    edited May 22
    @Paul2uall

Suspect you are experiencing that since Vsavi is a 100% VG blend.  Probably way too thick for the atomizer to be able to handle it.  Too, I believe you need a lot more wattage than the 3x puts out in order to handle 100% (or very heavy) VG blends.  I believe the 3x produces 4, 7, and 12 watts.  

Perhaps you can try a blend that is perhaps no more than 70% VG with the 0.9 atomizer.  If that works properly, then maybe your question has been answered.   I've had a few atomizers that gurgled and after trying every setting possible, put in a new atomizer and worked fine.  The highest VG I have used is 60%, though. 

In any event, I don't think the atomizer is your issue, but the 100% VG.
  • samanthasamantha Posts: 3,517Administrator, Moderator admin
    @Paul2uall - I think the best bet is that we have you troubleshoot with a CS rep. Can you DM me your phone # and we'll get in touch with you to figure out a resolution?
  • AndiiAndii Posts: 112Member
    @Paul2uall ; Take cartridge apart, rinse all parts off, put in bowl, pour hot water (boiling even) into bowl, let sit for 15 minutes, take parts out and tap each to remove excess water, then place on clean towel for 12 hours (longer if you live in humid area).

I no longer prime the atomizer... just reassemble the 3x cartridge (with .9 ohm), fill with vg ejuice, and let sit for 10-15 minutes. I also clean the 3x cartridge after 3-5 refills. I have 3 of them, so always have one available to vape. I've had my 3x for over a month now and all 3 atomizers are still going strong, though I am not using 100% vg e juice. So if you still have issues after my cleaning method, maybe get a 30pg/70vg e liquid mix as @rbarron316 suggested. Hope it works out for you :)
  • Paul2uallPaul2uall Posts: 2Member
    @rbarron316
    Thanks for the reply.
    It did cross my mind that the fact I was using a 100% VG liquid may be an issue. But I thought that as the 3X was being advertised as a sub-ohm unit and I was buying the liquid from the same supplier that it would be OK. Also it's just strange that it seemed to work for a while then suddenly have issues. I'll probably either stick with using the fixed ceramic cartridge as it seems to work (poorly), or go with your suggestion of a mixture.

@samantha
    I'll DM you my number, I'd appreciate any help I can get.

@Andii
    Thanks for the advice, it was much appreciated.
    I did what you said but within a couple of inhales I was sucking on liquid again.

Alternatively I may have to look at a different unit.
    Does anyone have any advice for a good quality sub-ohm unit that's about the same size as the 3X and can handle 100% VG liquid?