WARNING: This product contains nicotine.
Nicotine is an addictive chemical.
18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

EX Batteries at Fault?

Looking for advice from this great V2 community:

Just got my first EX bats and charged them up, but I've noticed that the draw is SIGNIFICANTLY lighter than regular batteries, as in, I have to really hit it hard to get the auto function to kick on and start delivering vapor. It feels like sucking through a straw; just getting mostly airflow and almost no resistance on my puff, which means half the time the automatic battery won't even kick on.

Is this a known issue? Or a feature? I'm happy to return them for regular bats if this is what others are experiencing, but maybe I just need to wear into them a bit more? Should I try another cart (using EX wick blanks)?

It's not a gunk/old battery issue with my others as they are cleaned regularly and their contacts look like new. Any suggestions? Are the air holes drilled in the wrong spot perhaps? Could my current cart be at fault (it's been working fine for a couple days with my other batteries)? Thinking I want to just stick with regular bats, but thought I'd check with you fine people for any other ideas.

Cheers,
MD 7

Comments

• rbaker1009rbaker1009 Posts: 1,268Member
    I've used EX Batts since they came out and have never had an issue with draw Major. If you are using Pre-filled or Classic Carts you need to use the sleeve that comes with the EX Batts and insure the rubber O-Ring is in place on the battery to get the proper draw. EX Wick and Ceramic Blanks do not require the sleeve or O-Ring.

I would try different Blanks and see how that affects your draw, the EX Automatic Battery is a great battery and all known flaws have already been corrected.
  • MajorDouble7MajorDouble7 Posts: 28Member
    I appreciate your response, @rbaker1009, that helps me a lot.  I'll take another look at my bats, try another EX wick blank, and see if the draw improves at all.  At this point I'm kind of bummed because I was so looking forward to my new EX bats!!  Hopefully I can get this sorted, but we'll see...to clarify, if I cover one of the airflow holes (or one and a 'half' as it were), the draw is perfect.  Otherwise, it's sucking air with little resistance.

FWIW, V2 (as generous as they are) sent me a free gift of one manual EX bat.  It's a girly-ish color, but I don't mind that much.  Anyway, it seems to have a great draw, I just prefer the auto for no-hands operation.

Upon further inspection, it appears that the holes for airflow on the new EXs are drilled just SLIGHTLY bigger than my normal bats (it's so slight that it could be my imagination, honestly).  And compared to the manual EX mentioned earlier, I've noticed that the autos have holes drilled into the thread (like regular bats), but the manual is drilled just south of the threads, below the rubber gasket.  Can you confirm any of this, baker?

Thanks again,
    MD 7
  • rbaker1009rbaker1009 Posts: 1,268Member
    edited June 15
    Ok, you have a EX with the air holes drilled below the O-Ring, that is the old design and I'm not sure how these are still getting sent out as this design flaw was identified and corrected long ago. Here you can see a pic of the old design and new design:

https://forum.v2.com/discussion/9697/ex-battery-original-vs-new-design

https://forum.v2.com/discussion/comment/328693

A replacement battery with the new design (holes drilled above the O-Ring) is the solution Major.
  • samanthasamantha Posts: 3,553Administrator, Moderator admin
    Thanks @rbaker1009
    Perfect threads 

@MajorDouble7
    Let me know if you need any assistance. If anything, we can always swap out a replacement.

• MajorDouble7MajorDouble7 Posts: 28Member
    @samantha I got in touch with CS as my love for the EX batteries has not increased...they are accepting the return for a refund (I wish it was store credit) and I will have to buy additional batteries separately.  Said they couldn't do an exchange as I wanted three standard batteries for my two EX ones.  I would've paid the price difference obviously, but I was told they can only exchange one for one (and I would've lost out on the remaining few dollars difference if I did it that way).

Anyway, thanks for chiming in and seeing if I'm taken care of.  For now I think I am, although the return process is confusing with no clear instructions emailed to me nor a shipping label.  I was told to just put everything in a box and write out the address to VMR products with an order-specific number they gave me over chat (not the actual order number however, something internal I think).

MD 7