WARNING: This product contains nicotine.
Nicotine is an addictive chemical.
18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

Vapor Myth or Truth?

samanthasamantha Posts: 3,517Administrator, Moderator admin
Vapor Myth or Truth Tuesday:

Have you saved money by switching to #ecigs and/or vaporizers? Which costs a consumer more? We'e betting on tobacco cigs, but we want to hear from you!

Apparently tobacco product prices have increased in NYC --- See here: Mayor Bill de Blasio has signed legislation raising the minimum price for a pack of cigarettes to $13 in New York City

https://www.usnews.com/news/business/articles/2017-08-28/nyc-hikes-price-of-pack-of-cigarettes-to-13-highest-in-us

Comments

• rbaker1009rbaker1009 Posts: 1,233Member
    edited June 21
    Ha! No contest! Vaping costs me about 15% of what I spent on Tobacco cigarettes, which is a fantastic side benefit to the REAL benefits of switching to vaping. Amazing, dramatic and measurably improved health.
  • David1886David1886 Posts: 589Member
    Vaping in Australia has saved me many thousands of dollars a year as the Australian Government to deter smoking increase the tax on a packet of cigarettes every year by a large amount.

With the pending increases in a pack of cigarettes are going to cost AUD $40.00 by 2020 currently a packet of cheaper brand cigarettes are now $35.00 AUD.

In the financial year 2016-2017 (Our financial year is from 1st July to 30th June) the Australian Government raised $10.69 Billion AUD in cigarette tax which is huge for a country with only 24 million people.

They are 100% against Vaping in Australia even though the benefits outweigh the smoking related deaths.

When I discovered e-cigarettes in 2011was a pack & a half smoker a day and at the current price would cost me $19,000.00 or around $55.00 AUD a day.

Wake up Australia.
  • Navy20Navy20 Posts: 1,183Member
    Myth . . . Vaping is not only less expensive in my part of the world but also healthier and tastes a whole lot better
  • NancyKNancyK Posts: 10Member
    I totally agree. In NY, cigarettes are up to $14.00 a pack! Plus, they make your clothes and hair smell bad!
  • OBLIV10USOBLIV10US Posts: 31Member
    Bula V2 fam! Fiji is no exception either. Our government has put heavy taxes on cigarettes in the hopes to discourage smoking (which will never work but be in their favour with taxes and all). A packet of 20 for me costs FJD$23.00 and that would last me a week (I'm not a heavy smoker?) But with vaping the initial cost was pricey (considering 1 fjd = 0.50 USD. However after some math works out to save me enough to buy a house in the long run! Lol it's been a week and I'm still struggling to finish a 10ml V2 vanilla sample. Which is a good thing because if I ever want new stock I have to wait 6 months till a family member from US comes along to Fiji because shipping costs are disgusting (not sure what the V2 shipping prices are though, I usually use MYUS to ship and minimum I pay is FJD$102!!)
  • samanthasamantha Posts: 3,517Administrator, Moderator admin
    Wow $23! Glad everyone is saving money and making their lungs smoke-free at the same time. Congrats to you all for making the switch! It can be a hard mental challenge. Thanks everyone for sharing!