18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

Is it the batteries or the chargers?

socalsocal Posts: 2Member
I have two dead V2 classic batteries and two of the old carrying cases with a built-in charger from 2011. The batteries hadn't been charged in a few years because I was only using the Power-Cig for a while. My husband had these stashed somewhere in his truck and I finally got him to dig them out for me. Now I am unable to charge either battery with either charger.  When I plug either of the batteries into either charger, the charger indicates that the battery is full. If I leave it for several hours, the green light goes out but the battery still has no charge. Have tried cleaning the contacts, tried unsuccessfully to reset the batteries with the blowing trick. 

In the meantime I've ordered new batteries/charger kit, which V2 kindly shipped as a partial order since the wall adapter is on back order. While I am waiting for it to arrive, is there any way I can determine if it's the batteries gone bad from sitting unused for too long, or if the chargers themselves have gone bad? Is there any other trick I can try to see if I bring these back to life? 

edited to correct date

Comments

• ailthasailthas Posts: 4Member
    If the batteries drained down to absolute zero then most likely they're completely dead. If you had a multimeter you could tell for sure if they're dead and you could also test current coming from the charger. Multimeters are handy tools to have around anyway.
  • David1886David1886 Posts: 544Member
    @ailthas

Totally agree lithium batteries do not survive in a totally discharged state as the lithium cells become damaged that is why with all V2 products the battery flashes and stops producing vapor when the battery drops below a certain voltage which is built in protection. 

@socal

I am confused about the date in your comment about your dead batteries from 1991.
  • socalsocal Posts: 2Member
    That's what I was afraid of, thank you for confirming. 

Not sure why I wrote 1991, or where that even came from!!! I meant 2011.