WARNING: This product contains nicotine.
Nicotine is an addictive chemical.
18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

VG cartridge with V2 Platinum Gold E-Liquid?

Hi, folks.

I purchased a Series 3 starter kit that came with the pen, a cartridge, and the USB charger. It was on sale for $29.99.  I never thought to look anywhere to see what cartridge it came with, though it wouldn't have mattered as it doesn't say.  I assumed it would the the PG cartridge.  Luckily, I purchased a separate PG ceramic cartridge to go with the V2 Platinum Gold E-Liquid that I got, as well.  

Well, as it turns out, the cartridge that it comes with is a VG cartridge.  With things being what they are, will it hurt anything if I go ahead and try using the Gold liquid, which is a blend that leans to the PG side, with the VG cartridge?  It won't hurt the pen, will it?  If it tastes awful I have the extra PG cartridge.  

Has anyone tried the Gold E-Liquid with a VG cartridge?   

Thanks for the help and advice.   :)

Comments

• Gabe1972Gabe1972 Posts: 18Member
    I contacted them through Facebook to ask them about using my original V2 wall charger with the USB charger that came with the kit and I asked about this, as well.  It turns out that they may comp me a PG cartridge.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  I'll say one thing about V2...they've always had great customer service.  :smile:  Even if they didn't send me one I would still buy from them. 
  • David1886David1886 Posts: 633Member
    I also recently received a Series 3 at the price was to good to resist, you will notice they don't have the V2 logo instead have Vapor2 which is UK stock mine also arrived with a VG Ceramic Cartridge.
    The only issue you might have using the VG Cartridge with the V2 Gold which is high PG is the VG Ceramic is 0.9 sub-ohm which heats the liquid at a much higher temperature worst result you might get a burnt taste but should not damage your Series 3.
    The V2 Series 3 units come with the standard wick PG cartridges but for some reason the UK version comes with the VG Cart.
  • Gabe1972Gabe1972 Posts: 18Member
    Thanks, David1886.  

I did notice when I opened it up that the cartridge appeared to be a ceramic cartridge, which I thought was odd.  And I did notice the Vapour 2 name, but I thought it was just their attempt at being fancy, but they pulled a fast one on me!  LOL.  I'm sure the pen is the same thing with a just a different name.  

But, they actually called me today, and they're sending me a PG cartridge.  :) 

I'm not used to the Series 3 and I used the separate PG cartridge I bought and the Gold liquid I bought.  I had used Gold liquid in the past and I really liked it, but with this it tastes absolutely awful.  I don't know if it's the liquid or the pen or the cart, but it's terrible.  Luckily, I still have some Vanilla liquid left from my previous order, so I emptied the cartridge out, rinsed it, and it's presently drying.  After a day or two I'm going to try the Vanilla, and other than possibly being a little stronger than when using my EX pen and cartridge, it should taste very similar.  If not, I might just go back to the EX pen and carts.