WARNING: This product contains nicotine.
Nicotine is an addictive chemical.
18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

Series 3 - Unsure if it's a battery or charger issue

Greetings. I recently purchased a V2 Series 3 and have been using it since it arrived, and I couldn't believe how well it worked to curb my cravings for a cigarette. I haven't smoked an actual cigarette in 6 days, and that can be directly attributed to the series 3, but over the last couple of days, I've been having an issue that I'm not really sure what the cause is. I have been using mainly prefilled red bold pods, and occasionally some pumpkin spice in the tank that came with the series 3. On average, the battery has seemed to last pretty close to a pod full of liquid, and I was able to use it all day, every day, for about a week. On Sunday morning, I grabbed my series 3 from its charger, as I've been doing since it first arrived, and headed out. I used the series 3 moderately (4-5 drags about every 15-20 minutes or so) over the course of two hours. After that, I got a red flashing at the end of the series 3, and I couldn't get a drag off it. I pulled the pod out, dropped it back in, and I was able to get a few drags off it and then it started flashing again.

I came home and put it on the charger and was able to take a drag, but when I tried to take a second drag, it started flashing red again (while connected to the charger). Immediately after it flashed red, I released and re-pressed the button, and I was able to take a normal drag off it. I left it on the charger for about two and a half hours, occasionally picking it up to take a drag, and occasionally, it wouldn't let me take a drag and would flash red (again, while attached to the charger.) When the tip of the series 3 started glowing green, I disconnected the charger and took a few drags off it when it flashed red again (and wouldn't let me get a drag.) Without doing anything but releasing the button and pressing it again (without it connected to the charger,) it let me take a couple more drags and then flashed red again. I connected the charger cable and went to bed.

Yesterday, I woke up and took my series 3 off its charger (it was glowing green), and tried to take a drag and got the red light the first attempt. A few additional attempts worked fine before it started to flash red again, so I plugged it back into the charger, and taking occasional drags off it, sometimes it worked and other times it flashed red. At least a couple of hours went by before it turned green again, and again I removed it from the charger. This time, it seemed to be working fine, and I headed out to run some errands. Not five minutes out of my house, and it was flashing red again. Now I'm on my fifth day without having had a cigarette, and I won't be back home for my charger for at least a few hours. I didn't want to have to pick up a cigarette again, so I googled vape shops, found the closest one I could, and went and bought a cheap vaporizor and some juice so I would have something I could use while I was still out and about. 

Anyhow, when I got home, I put my series 3 back on its charger, and had various amounts of luck with being able to get a drag off it while it was charging. Most times it would let me take a drag, but occasionally it would flash red. I went to bed for the night leaving it on the charger. 

When I got up this morning, I grabbed my series 3 and had the same issues again. It worked for about an hour and a half today before I got the first flashing red. Again, it would not let me take a drag and would only flash red when I pressed the button. Lifting the pod out and dropping it back in, and I was able to get a couple of drags off it before it flashed again. Fortunately, I had brought my new 'backup' with me. When I got home, I turned the series 3 off, then back on, then reconnected the charger cable and left it alone until it turned green. I picked it up (still attached to the charger), and got the flashing red light again on the first attempt. I disconnected and reconnected the charger cable, and the tip went back to red and sat there charging for at least an hour before it turned green again. Took it off, got a few drags off it, it started flashing red again on the fourth or fifth drag. Reconnected the charger again, and it went to red for at least an hour again before cycling back to green. 

So, I really don't know if the issue is with the battery or the charger, but whichever it is, it has made my new series 3 very unreliable, and I really would like to figure out what the issue is to get it addressed, as while the other 'backup' vape I bought yesterday works ok, it doesn't feel like a cigarette, and doesn't work as well for killing the cravings as the series 3 has for me.

Sorry for the long post, but where I'm not really sure what the cause of the issue is, I wanted to just provide the information around the times the issue has arisen. Also of note, it doesn't matter if I'm using a prefilled pod or the pod that came with it that I filled with pumpkin spice.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and for any insight into whether this is a battery or a charger issue so I can get the issue addressed and I can get back to using my series 3.

Thank you,
George
(Order #6080079)

Comments

• rbarron316rbarron316 Posts: 125Member

Sound like a defective Series 3.  Would say possibly the charger, but you indicate you've left it on charge overnight and has gone from red to green during that time. 

Bottom line, ask V2 for a replacement.  Either call them or complete their warranty replacement form and submit online.  https://www.v2.com/vaporizers/v2pro-warranty-replacement

I have both Series 3 and Series 3x.  A number of them.  Of those, three had to be replaced.  One of them did exactly the same as yours.  Stayed on charger for hours, turned from red to green, and then almost immediately went red again.  It happens.

Congrats on not smoking for 6 days.  I'm in for 1 1/2 years after 47 years of smoking.  Many others on here have been smoke-free for much, much longer.  Stick with it.

Related image

• GeorgeT93GeorgeT93 Posts: 3Member
    Thanks for the info. I will give them a call tomorrow and hopefully can get it replaced quickly.

Thanks again!
    -George
  • GeorgeT93GeorgeT93 Posts: 3Member
    Just talked to customer service and they're going to send me a replacement. Thanks again for responding.

-George
  • samanthasamantha Posts: 3,521Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hi @GeorgeT93
    Welcome to the V2 forum and thank you for sharing! It looks like we already got you taken care of but just wanted to follow up to see if you need any additional assistance? Thanks for choosing V2! Happy vaping:)