WARNING: This product contains nicotine.
Nicotine is an addictive chemical.
18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

V2 is now closed for business?

I just called the customer service number (877-378-2767) and it said due to challenging business conditions and tariffs, V2 has closed operations effective 11:59pm on 11/2/18.

Is this true?

Comments

• rbaker1009rbaker1009 Posts: 1,268Member
    edited November 2
    NO WAY!!! I just got the same recording and the VMR Products, LLC website is down for "maintenance". 

Makes sense that tariffs and Federal Regulations would destroy profit margins for a company importing 100% of its product from China but, this sucks!! 
  • dpshtdpsht Posts: 13Member
    Something isn't right still allowing you to order from website or it seems
    also  I just found this article

• kqnashkqnash Posts: 13Member
    Me too!  Just called.  Is this for real? What next?
  • rbarron316rbarron316 Posts: 155Member

Nice catch.  Appears the sale of V2 to JUUL took place in early October.  At least as of this moment, the V2 website is still up and running.  Gather this must tie into Samantha's comment of a major update this afternoon.

Hopefully V2 will continue in operations or at a minimum continue offering V2's products through JUUL's website.

edited November 2
    Good find @dpsht

I always assumed VMR would be acquired by a bigger entity (likely tobacco firm) but never knew High Praise Enterprises, subsidiary of Chinese Huabao has owned 51% since 2015. 

I follow business and that never came across my radar.  
    I just called customer service too.  What next?  Oddly, I also just a minute ago received an email saying I got a 4th anniversary badge.  Whatever that is.  Do we have to find another brand?  Toss out everything we have?
  • rbarron316rbarron316 Posts: 155Member
    It's official.  V2 is out of business.
    Just bought a series 7 and no Carts for it
    hopefully JUUL will sell from their website
    in The meantime this website in the UK is selling V2 I've bought from them in the past when V2 was out of stock problem is the shipping is high

• New_VaperNew_Vaper Posts: 658Member
    This sucks.  V2 promised me 4 replacement bottles of eliquid because they sent me super old stuff, and they have been dragging it out for months:  https://forum.v2.com/discussion/12078/e-liquid-expiration-dates#latest

We all really need clarification on this.  V2 continues as JUUL or not?  They substituted series 3 carts for ceramic when twice I replied not to.
  • samanthasamantha Posts: 3,553Administrator, Moderator admin
    Juul will remain. As of now, V2 products are being discontinued. Best insight I can offer. 
  • msimon7msimon7 Posts: 5Member
    Samantha,
    V2 still has inventory, will replacements be honored? 
    Can you still reliably purchase supplies while they last?
    thank you, sorry to see V2 go, they will be missed....
    Any recommendations for a replacement?  Looked at that JUUL.  Didn’t appeal.
  • EllEll Posts: 14Member
    @kqnash, not sure what type of V2 product you are using but this is what I did last year when V2 was out of ceramic carts for my Series 3 for months. I bought a Halo Triton 2 starter kit vape pen. It came with 2 vape pens for under $50. I can also buy coils (no more carts) for it from different sites online, so I'm not stuck purchasing from one place. I use V2 Congress juice exclusively, so my big issue is finding a similar flavor. Found one that is also called Congress on the Vapor4Life website. Going to order and give it a try, fingers crossed. 

I had recently bought a series 7 and didn't stock up on carts at the time so was stuck with something i couldn't use I just ordered from this uk website a bit higher with shipping and $$ conversion
    but they still stock V2 products and will ship to the US

@Ell  thank you.  Ive been using the 3X and 6% Congress.  I’ll give the Triton a try.  I don’t see any names familiar from back when I selected V2.  I like my 3X and am SO disappointed.    Post if you find a good substitute for the Congress!  I have a brand new set of 4 3X and not enough carts.  Ugh.
    @dpsht. Thank you.  Guess I’ll order carts from the UK til my brand new unopened 3Xs die!
  • Katie12Katie12 Posts: 25Member
    What a shame. Been here for years.

For you menthol lovers here, TotallyWicked has a comparable menthol in its Titan line. Vape4Life (and others, like LiteCigUSA) sell 808 batteries, chargers and other items.
    edited November 4
    This may explain why Pods were removed from the site
    May also explain why the 7X didn't happen

dpsht said:
    This may explain why Pods were removed from the site
    May also explain why the 7X didn't happen

It may indeed..
  • EllEll Posts: 14Member
    I have been using this vape pen for the last 9 months when V2 was out of ceramic carts for my Series 3 for such a long time. I like it very much, not as sleek as the Series 3 but works great. No carts needed, just refill tank. Also, this pen uses coils, which screw right into battery. Coil needs to be changed depending on your usage of pen. I've had a coil last for weeks, till it starts getting burnt taste. I will say that coils are cheaper than the carts. 

https://www.electrictobacconist.com/halo-triton-2-p1100
    @Ell  that’s good to know.  I have the 3x silver tip carts and will probably need help replacing the atomizers in the carts.  Then they’ll all die and I’ll try the Triton.  Good vapor?   I use mine as a substitute, not a fill in, for cigarettes so coils probably won’t last long!  It’s all about the habit.
  • JynteralJynteral Posts: 8Member
    Wow I am in shock!!!
  • montana7103montana7103 Posts: 31Member
    Has anyone found a replacement for the v2 menthol juice? I can't seem to find one that is similar! Someone please help. I've used v2 menthol since I quit smoking anologs and now they've abandoned me!! 
  • BaronBaron Posts: 3Member
    Has anyone found a replacement for the v2 menthol juice? I can't seem to find one that is similar! Someone please help. I've used v2 menthol since I quit smoking anologs and now they've abandoned me!! 
    So much this!  If you happen to come across anything similar, please post it here.  I'm still on the hunt and will leave the source of comparable menthol juice if/when I find one.
    Do a search on e-bay for 
    V2 LIQVID 50ML MENTHOL
    notice the spelling error
    these are a little expensive but might tie you over till you can find something else