18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

Juice

HoracleoHoracleo Posts: 203Member
edited May 2011 in The World of E-Cigarettes

I have the sample packs (PG & VG) supplied by the outfit that rhymes with Bronson Speak.  I haven't tried them all, but all the ones I have tried are horrible.  If the underlying taste was actually good, every one of them are so over the top and IN MY FACE that any good taste is absolutely ruined by the total saturation of it.  Of course this is just my personal taste buds' opinion.

Somebody PLEASE tell me that that there are juices out there with a little refinement and dignity...

Comments

• EarthpigEarthpig Posts: 4,754V2 Veteran
    Their fruit and flavors from JC that most are expecting to be sweet, are not. It's what I like about them, but mainly I like their tobacco flavors which are more like a pipe tobacco flavor than a cig. Their dk choc is just that, barely sweet like a 70%+ cacao, as dk choc should be (and is a carto killer).

So if you want something like a heavily sweetened, candied vape....wrong choice, BUT remember most heavily sweetened flavors use artificial sweeteners which in food I won't even ingest (let alone vape), since most are not good for you. In fact just the opposite , very bad for you!

Everyones tastes vary. Just goes to show.
  • HoracleoHoracleo Posts: 203Member
    edited May 2011
    Thanks 3arthpig. Eh, I think they just don't do what I'm looking for. No, not sweet, there's just something about 'em I don't like. I always feel like I have to take a shower after a short vape of Bronson Speak.
    I have another outfit in mind... I'm going to visit this evening.
    Yup
    All individual tastes.
    I am that way with most prefilleds.
  • qlcantuqlcantu Posts: 97Member
    Start mixing your own juice... It's not that complicated and you can work up flavours that you enjoy...  When you start mixing it takes vaping to a new level... You're cooking your own stuff... Look around on the web for guidance... Plus it's way, way, way cheaper than buying premixed juice... EP's gonna say that you're taking your life in your hands to even think about it (just a little poke EP :) )... it's cool - go for it....
    Nah, I'm good with mixing, except the nicotine portion which is deadly if not done safely.
    Being real safe is buying a 36mg nic, with either a PG or VG base and mixing from there. Even then, it is wise to take precaution, wear gloves and keep cleaned up. Don't pour fluids on yourself. The high mg nic can be lethal if you do.
    I don't mix like you do, Q. 
    I do mix premade flavors together. My fave is a JC 50/50% with a Dekang Camel or Marlboro knockoff. I mix 16-18mg flavors and have just purchased some 24mg that needs cut as necessary. 
  • windyday270windyday270 Posts: 31Member
    Sorry I'm a noobie... But what's the difference between PG and VG?
    Propylene Glycol (PG), Vegetable Glycerin (VG)...PG's good for throat hit and carrying flavour... VG's a thicker liquid and produces better vapor... Both serve as the juice base to which the flavouring is added... I like a 50/50 blend of VG/PG... best of both worlds...
    Either (pg/vg) is the central portion of e-juice, and is about 80-90% of the entire mix.
    PG is mostly used, but some have allergic reactions to it (~3% of the public), and so VG is it's replacement.
    I don't have allergies to PG but love the vapor produced by VG, and the softening it does to the flavors.
    So I either use a 50/50% mix or go 100% VG, depending on the flavor I want to achieve.
    Do I have to mix the two myself or could I buy e juice already mixed 50/50?
    Honestly... I don't recall seeing a lot of places offering 50/50 in premixed juices... Maybe when EP checks in will know of vendors who sell 50/50... In lieu of that, most vendors sell their flavours in either VG or PG... I know JC does... That being the case you could buy a flavour in VG and the same flavour in PG and do a blend... Of course >>beating the dead horse<< you could mix your own juice from scratch and start with the 50/50 base...
    Generally it's a 30vg/70pg mix that is on the market, but the flavor selections get sparse when looking for a specific flavor.
    Better off in general sticking with PG for the flavor opportunities. 
    Thanks for the information!! I hope this will help me finally quit smoking cigs. Plus I'm on this strict calorie diet and using e juice will most likely help me cheat on my cravings lol.
  • VapetressVapetress Posts: 1,073Member
    @windy: I'm not a "sweets" person (or a sweet person LOL) I'm attracted more to the "savory" flavors of foods. But...when I do get a craving for a treat...I do find that the sweet/dessert type carts, do satisfy my craving, for that moment : ) Maybe since I'm not a "sweets" person, this point is moot, for those of you that are. Just for curiosity sake, you "sweet tooth" people, do you find that vaping a sweet/dessert cart temporarily satisfies that craving for you? Does it, keep you from grabbing that piece of pie, cake, candy, etc? Interesting thought windy : )
    Vapetress
  • CatLadyCatLady Posts: 619Member
    Vapetress, I have a weakness for hard candies, and even though I don't use many of the "sweet" type vapes, I've found that I am consuming less candy.  Realized it when I brought home my usual amount from Wally world, and found the candy spot still occupied by last weeks' haul.  Yaayy!  Life is good!
  • PaulaPaula Posts: 24Member
    I have a major sweet tooth and have been vaping vanilla, coffee, chocolate and red.... all rather sweet.  I've actually lost weight since I started vaping and quit smoking!  I'm sure it's cuz I haven't eaten as many sweets.  The sweet carts definitely satisfy my sweet tooth!  Who'da thunk?  One of my biggest hurdles all along to quitting smoking was my fear of gaining weight.  @Horacleo---I had the same reaction to JC's juices. 
    I will keep you all updated on my progress. I just ordered my kit Saturday so hopefully I get it this week.

• HoracleoHoracleo Posts: 203Member

@Earthpig!  Getting down the the last of my JC samples, I got ahold of the dk chocolate!  Finally a good one!  Real good!

@qlcantu, Yes buddy, DIY is on my horizon.  I've done a bit of research already and put my hazmat suit on layaway at Kmart.  But first I have to find out the kinds of things I like!  Just barely into it, you know.  The one thing I *do* know is that I love the overall distinction of v2cigs' flavors.  There is a subtlety to it, I dunno. 

I think a monkey could whip out whatever nasty flavor.  I think it will take an artist to come up with my idea of *great*.  That artist will most probably be...me.

So girls...is this another "plus" of vaping V2??? Consuming fewer calories???? All I know is one of the many things that kept me smoking, was the fear of gaining weight. Let's just say I'm physically challenged...and weight...equals more pain. I have not gained 1 single pound since quitting smoking, and starting vaping!!! Yay us!!! Good luck Windy, and yes, please keep us updated : )
    Vapetress
  • goin4nosmokegoin4nosmoke Posts: 1,672Member
    uuummmm i have gained...food taste better roflmao...but realy am not bothered by it,,,i know how to get the pounds off,,,,just glad that the smokin is under control :)
    Yes...for you Amy, your struggle has been "staying" off the ciggys...so glad that you have that under control now 
     girl  : ) That is funny though, you're right...food does taste better...when I think about it, I guess it's amazing that I haven't gained any weight LOL ; ) Thank goodness I find these things so satisfying : ) Wonder if V2 can create a "loaded twice baked potato" flavor...I told you I lean more to the "savory" side LOL

Vapetress
  • goin4nosmokegoin4nosmoke Posts: 1,672Member
    roflmao       i am reminded of the richard simmons dial a meal   we should have dial a vape :)
    @Horacleo... Get the disposable hazmat suit... you'll learn you don't need it for long... Good luck with the mixing adventure... there's a learning curve but it's not steep... take care and have fun... QC
    Careful with the nic. please!
  • cindycatedcindycated Posts: 123Member
    So do the dessert juices really satisfy that craving for dessert? I've been really curious about these. I have a serious sweet tooth and can't seem to finish a meal without dessert. But will the food flavor make me want a cigarette afterwards, or does it satisfy that need as well? Smoking was always something I had to do after any kind of food. The menthol carts seem to be doing a really good job at taking care of that one. I'm only 12 days into not smoking (after 30 years), and I'm afraid to do anything to rock the boat...

Be nice to kill two birds with one stone though, if it works...
  • JackieOJackieO Posts: 10,239Member ✭✭✭
    I gained 20 lbs since 01/03/11, thought the nicotine would keep up the metabolism, who knows - there is a thread about weight gain somewhere.
    Nic does regulate the metabolism .
    I guess you can taste foods better now.....watch out.