18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

Ask V2 Members For Troubleshooting Help Here

cindycatedcindycated Posts: 123Member
edited March 2012 in New Members Start Here
What would you think of a list of things to do or not to do, (V2 equipment-wise) for us newbies to reference, and maybe make it a sticky? Things like:

* Don't leave your battery on a charger that's not plugged in. This will drain your battery which may shorten the battery life (did this today).
* Don't vape your cartomizer all the way down to the burnt taste. It may render your cartomizer worthless for future reuse/refilling (don't know if this is true).
* Don't throw away spent cartomizers and condoms. You may want to reuse them later.
* Don't overfill cartomizers with e-liquid. Always make sure it isn't drippy at the bottom end. The juice may leak down into the battery and zap its circuitry.

* Do drink plenty of water. The PG in e-liquid is like a sponge and will dehydrate you more than usual.
* Do clean the threads and top well of your batteries from time to time. They may get gunked up with e-liquid and lessen their effectiveness.
* Do charge your batteries often. Lithium Ion battery life is based on the number of discharge cycles. Topping off instead may increase battery life.

...stuff like that. Good idea? Bad idea? Has this been done elsewhere? Couldn't find it...

Comments

• JackieOJackieO Posts: 10,239Member ✭✭✭
    Good idea.
  • TamyTamy Posts: 1,882V2 Veteran
    Good idea. =D>
  • marni_V2cigsmarni_V2cigs Posts: 1,153Member
    *bookmarked 
  • goin4nosmokegoin4nosmoke Posts: 1,672Member

nice!!

DO have plenty of paper clips and paper towels  :) oo yeah and baggies  

• cruzcruz Posts: 69Member

Cindy  Love your post.   A great idea to have a list all in one place. 

Love the video on how to clean your battery.  Thanks Tammy for posting it.  Hope you see this but I didn't want to junk up that thread by adding a comment to it.   

i hear ya cruz...i would imagine it would help with many things with the battery...functioning, long life span  and just kick but vaping :)
    Ya know that crap when you clean the battery. What is it? Since it's in the end of the battery it can't have anything to do with the cart, right? So it's just either what's in the air you're sucking in or what's in the battery itself. What is it?
    think its just residue from the ejuices and water vapor...not sure tho  lol
  • cindycatedcindycated Posts: 123Member
    edited May 2011
    Ha! There was one of these started (sort of)! 

Click here for more Tips and Tricks.
    Click here for Tamy's awesome YouTube find on cleaning the battery.
    Click here for some withdrawal symptoms you might experience when first starting out.

Links help too--not always easy to do a search...
    Amy

But the ejuice and water vapor are after the battery, that's why I can't figure out what it is? Gonna ask on Tamy's video battery cleaning thread too.
    kewl JackieO.   It was just a guess...  gonna vape :)
  • VapetressVapetress Posts: 1,073Member
    @Cindycated: I don't think this is going where you wanted to go. But you had a great idea...I'm hoping to see more tips that people have learned along the way...more do's and don'ts....then in keeping with what you wanted to do and what you wanted it to be. Maybe then you can take all the do's.....then all the don'ts....and make one page.....that page can be an "announcement" that is what we call "stickies" here : ) After you put it all together...send to V2  then,  like I said, they'll make it an "announcement" and they can "close" it, so that it cannot be "replied" to, and it can just be a great page for "newbies"; again, what I'm thinking you intended and an excellent idea!!!!
    I have a do not tip, for ya, that I don't think's been mentioned here yet.

Don't: Leave your Power/Notebook Cig. plugged in and unattended. Unplug before leaving, or going to bed.

So once you get the list all together, you can send it to: Support <jan@v2cigs.com>

and they can up for you. V2......you might want to chime in here, and let her know if that's the best way to accomplish what it is here, she's trying to accomplish. Again, what a great idea....and sorely needed....especially as the forum gets bigger and bigger, and harder and harder to search through all the info that  is here, just get that "what to do" "what not to do" information. 

Vapetress
    bump
    bump
    bump
    @Vapetress - thanks for the encouragement. I'll keep an eye on this thread and see if anyone else has anything more to add before I do the compiling.
    edited May 2011
    Excellent!!! well I sure hope we get more....there are tons more of do's and dont's out there. I'm hoping that we will hear from the widest audience possible....and get a lot more feed back, so that you can put together the most comprehensive list possible.
    Come on guys, let's put our heads together....Do's......Don'ts......what are yours?

Vapetress
  • CatLadyCatLady Posts: 619Member
    Don't leave your lighter near at hand while vaping and doing something else you're focused on.  The habit of grabbing the lighter and flicking it takes a long time to go away.
    Unless you live totally alone, w/no pets, never even open a bottle of ejuice without first being prepared with all necessary clean-up items.  Remember, nicotine absorbs easily through the skin (that's why nic patches work).
    Your battery is an electronic device.  It is not meant to get wet or bounced off the ground.
    Pay attention to what your body tells you.  If you begin to feel bad/odd, back off a little bit.
    Very nice. I stiil must have a lighter though, maybe a throwback to "keeper of the flame" in a previous life, if there is such a thing.
    Oh, I still carry a lighter.  It's a tool.  Useful for so much more than just lighting cigs.  But then, I'm of the "be prepared" mindset.  No boy scout jokes!  No, EP...whatever it is, don't say it!
    The "be prepared mindset" ohhhhhhhhh I knew I liked you CatLady : )
    Vapetress
    ^
  • DragonDragon Posts: 596Member ✭✭

Place a order with V2 at least every 90 days, although your warnty never expires this will keep it active should you need it in a hurry.

• jc112704jc112704 Posts: 72Member
    Do figure out how to carry your ecig in a way that is practical so you don't waste hours looking for it when it's in your jacket pocket.  Kind of like the way you put your wallet in one particular pocket...

Do not store any of your supplies in a place that is easily accessible to kids or pets.

Do get as much info as possible... Expect for non-vapers to ask questions, and if you don't have an answer, know where to find one!
  • GeekyGirlGeekyGirl Posts: 837Member
    @jc Great advice!   (*)
    Do: Consider getting the Lanyard for when you are out and about. It will prevent you from mis-placing or setting down your e-cig, and inadvertently leaving it behind.

Vapetress
  • SammySammy Posts: 862Member
    Fabulous tips! Thanks all!
  • scottie2hottiescottie2hottie Posts: 7,265V2 Veteran
    Don't: Shove the battery into the lanyard holder as far as it goes.... You must line up the holes on the tip of the battery with the holes in the rubber holder on the lanyard... Learned the hard way the first day, thought the brand new battery I had went to s***...... Until I realized the thingy with the holes.....
    Good point Scottie...and so true...your don't should be part of my do LOL ; )
    Vapetress
    Big Do: Get either the Power Cig and/or Notebook Cig along with a car adapter.... If your batteries are charging or they are not working you can still vape at home and on the road... Just plug and puff away...
  • GeekyGirlGeekyGirl Posts: 837Member
    @scottie  YES!!!  For some reason I prefer the Power-Cig, but ether one will do.   :-D
    I don't have the notebook just the Power... You did however answer a ???? I had about the notebook cig... One ???? on the notebook. Is the cord shorter than the Power cig.... My cat likes to play and chew on my power cig cord when on the puter....
  • GeezGeez Posts: 3,112Member
    yeah i was just looking at them on the site...the notebook cord is shorter than the power
    My car adapter is back ordered... So I can't take my own advice... I do have USB  car adapter somewhere just can't find the damn thing...... lol
    lol

i have a power inverter that plugs into the cig outlet in the car, it allows you to plug any regular plug into my car, so i can charge my phone or whatever without having to buy a separate car charger.

it also has its own USB slot on it...maybe i can just use that.
    Duh!!!!! I've got one of those as well, I usually think of stuff like that... Except my AC plugs are full so I'll have to run an extension from the back of the 4Runner. I can make it work, just have remember to turn the inverter on and off when not using....

Thanks JEEZ.... LOL
    haha no problem! glad im finally the one helping someone else out on here lol
    sweet... i just noticed the power cig comes with a 5-pack of carts lol
  • kaykaykaykay Posts: 11,654Member
    hey geez.i have a ?...4u..so far what is ur favorite flavor and nic level/..and what did u use to smoke b4 ur v2 arrived?..sry thats more like 3 ?'s..lol
    edited May 2011
    Scottie; you're either going to have to give the cat more attention, or invest in a catnip mouse.  (Hey, you've got your mouse to play with, break off something for the cat.)

;-)
    @kaykay menthol seems to be my fav..not too harsh. ive only used 12mg, seems to work for me. i used to smoke marlboro menthol lights and ultra lights.
    My cat gets plenty of attention.... I let him sleep under the covers curled up next to me......... I also let him lay on my arm and can't move my mouse because he was a ton.......... He also gets to lick the beer from the rim of the can..... I luv my Nibbles....
    Good lord...WTH has happened to this thread LOL ; 0 Uhhhh Scottie TMI....TMI!!! LOL ; )
    Vapetress
    And I tip my hat to Nibbles: he has you well trained.
    You know what they say: "Dogs have owners, cats have staff."
    (So far, I've managed to keep mine from being interested in the powercig cord.  It's just a matter of time, I know.)
    wait until they discover the condoms and spent cartridges..... Keep mine in a canning jar, its like a fish in fish bowl to them........ Got remember to put the lid on it.....
    we got the power inverter thingy..soooo worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    edited May 2011
    Click here for a tip on what to do to make the carto end more comfortable.

Click here for a list of nicotine levels in different brands of analog cigarettes.
    Then you can do Stephanie's math to get your carto strength:
    Ok...it is sort of a little complicated but it goes like so....
    Take the nicotine content per cig multiply that by 20-25% (amount which is actually absorbed per cig) mulitply that by 20 (the number of cigs in pack) multiply that by 2 or 3 (for the metabolism difference and the lack of the 4000 additional traditional cig chemicals)
    Therefore...let's take an ultralight marlboro (silver box)
    .5x.25x20x2=5mg
    .5x.25x20x3=7.5mg
    so you would go with a light cartridge
    Hope that makes sense
    Wow Cindy - very sophisticated use of the "click here" thingy.
    Like that, huh?  B-)
    I bow to your fabulous computer wizardry.
    I'm doin a Mombo for the newest "Newbies"...

Bump!
  • MissStarMissStar Posts: 47Member
    This is a great thread idea, very helpful :)

I smoke about a pack of Marlboro lights a day and I ordered high and med strength carts, I hope they're not too harsh :/