18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

End Of The World Is Over On The East Coast

JackieOJackieO Posts: 10,239Member ✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in General Chatter
Whew, the end of the world happened just about 2 hours ago here on the east coast. Made it through, it was touch and go. Hope everyone is okay. Didn't seem as bad as predicted. Mowed the lawn, looks good, no cracks in the earth. Wife & kids are good. Still have the electricity and cable. Neighbors are outside, nothing on CNN or Fox. How are you in the Central Time Zone. Amy, Kim, Tamy, Vapinita - you guys alright? Vapetress hasn't gone through it yet, she still has about 40 minutes. Catlady, you alright? Well remember another one is coming on December 21, 2012, I'm sort of feeling good about that now. Mombo?

Comments

• CatLadyCatLady Posts: 619Member
    All is well, here, although the earth would pretty much have to open for me to notice it.  I'm cool and comfy in my little place in the trees; the cat is relaxed.  If the cat is stretched out, boneless, you can pretty much bet that nothing's going on.
  • VapetressVapetress Posts: 1,073Member
    Nope I haven't...but I'll keep you informed, of my continued existence....or lack there of, if you fail to hear from me later 
    Vapetress- out
    edited May 2011
    I was never worried about this one....now 12/21/12???? Not so  sure....I have 2 Mayan calendars....and they both stop, unexpectantly end on that date....hmmm just don't know???? All I know is...this year, is the last year I'm going Christmas Shopping...one way, or the other ; )

Vapetress
  • JackieOJackieO Posts: 10,239Member ✭✭✭
    Maybe they ran out of ink.
    Maybe that's when they thought they'd all die?  I'd say their calculations were off?
    @JackieO: and Cat: LMAO...see edit above LOL
    sure hope you hear from me after 15 min. OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH my
    Vapetress
    Hang on Tami - it could get rough.
    I'm preparing
    Not hearing anything from the Central Time Zone. They must be having a rough time of it.
    Oh Lord....here it comes.......Oh S H I
    Vapetress--speak to us!?  Is there anybody out there?
    Lost everything west of the Mississippi.
    edited May 2011
    Uh-oh 9:10 EDT - 6:10 PDT - Nothing from Vapetress.

Just us east coasters now Lisa. What up?
    Was that an echo?
    MSN reports that the broadcaster who made the prediction is silent.  Gee, ya think?
    How long do we have to wait to start a "'Where is Vapetress" thread?
    Bout ten more minutes.
  • Stephanie_V2cigsStephanie_V2cigs Posts: 546Banned
    you know, i was busy working...no one told me about it so I couldn't prepare...that must have been why it didn't happen
    No word from west of the Mississippi yet. We're safe Steph, but nobody checked in from the other time zones yet.
    If KaOs shows up now, what would that mean?
    Can you find Charlie?  We may have to send a team for Vapetress!
    Last I heard Carols is in Texas searching for Kaos, but I haven't heard anything from Texas, Vapinita lives there. I think it's gone. Damn, I liked Vapinita too.
    It's eerily quiet now, nothing from the Midwest to the west coast. I guess the guy was partially right. All my friends gone, poof.

Oh well, time for bed.
    I don't think so, Jack.  It's not even 10!  You don't go to bed this early.
    edited May 2011
    Just can't take the sadness. Only sleep will help. Wait - didn't that guy say that only the sinners would be left. Maybe you and me and Steph are the only ones left in this God forsaken place. The others have gone to heaven.
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
  • Stephanie_V2cigsStephanie_V2cigs Posts: 546Banned
    Am I even allowed to have sin?
  • EarthpigEarthpig Posts: 4,754V2 Veteran
    Kamping has pulled up stakes.
    Classic fail...as is his history.

Oh wait,,, that water is sure getting high.... Eh, I just turned off the tub faucet. Problem solved..
    Steph--I'm afraid to touch that.

EP--I am forever amazed to find myself part of a group of beings, some of which fall for this type of claptrap, time after time, after....
    Can a real human actually believe such a brazen charlatan?
    Then again, the people in MS and LA probably aren't having as much trouble suspending belief.
    Whew!!! Well...I don't.know what happened....all of sudden I was in this weird place. I was in a long, long, line. I could see, ahead of me. I could see this gate, it was kind of Pearlescent, I waited and waited...when I got to the front of the line, there was this guy named Peter. He asked me many questions....referred to some 'list' he had on his clipboard. After a few moments, he asked me I could refrain from the sarcasm...the sarcasm seemed to be the thing that bothered him the most. When I said that could not...not at this time....he said, well, we're sending you back, for now. We'll see you again on 12/21/12. Until then, please try to behave yourself, and we'll see how goes it then. Sure hope I can behave : ) We'll see how it goes...but for now...Vapetress, is back in the house.
    Vapetress 
    Ok.  It's just as well.  Jackie couldn't find Charlie.

And...at least Peter gave you hope...if you actually have any hope of losing the sarcasm.  

Well...as I told Peter....not at this time    :D
    Vapetress
    But....I did want to share this one tidbit of info with ya'll. There was this no smoking sign there....so I asked about vaping. He said Vaping? Oh we love Vaping here. Smoking bad......vaping good

Vapetress

If you "are" on fire....you're probably in the *other* place   

Vapetress 
    :))
  • mombomombo Posts: 1,490Member

Mombo here....what happened? I was all ready and waiting.  I took a seat on my porch. I loaded up my jumbo cartridge, I had a full charge on my I-go and I gazed heavenward.  The evil birds were silent (for a change). The rain washed all the bird crap off my beautiful red crv. I was saying my prayers and waiting....waiting...waiting.  My mom just missed me and came out and woke me up. So much for being missed!  Naa nAA nAA NAA...NAA NAA NAA NAA ...HEY HEY HEY NO GOODBYE!

Steph of course you can sin...you are one of us!  It just doesn;t count as much since you have such a good heart.

Jackie o = don't be kidding us....I know you are out in your yard still waiting!

Vape - are you sure that was Peter? He would never tell you to forget the sarcasm...he don't want you to be less than the perfect you!

Tamy....are you there?  Tamy?  Tamy?  Sigh,,,,,Kaos....Kaos....Kaos?  Sigh....Amy....Amy....Amy? Sigh. Okay Carol G? You have to be there~!  Tamy I hear Greg is looking for you!!!!

• marni_V2cigsmarni_V2cigs Posts: 1,153Member
    Awww thanks mombo: I know...right???? But that's what he said......I think it may be *penance" for past sins or something????

Marni: good one ; )
    Vapetress
  • Wow guess I missed something..... I was hard at work. I bet the shoplifters we caught wished it was the end of the world! :-))

I don't like the 12/21/2012 date, that will be my daughters 18th B-Day!
  • mombomombo Posts: 1,490Member
    Marni the only thing missing was the 89 year old preacher who predicted it! I guess he got "busted"
  • goin4nosmokegoin4nosmoke Posts: 1,672Member
    HUH?? sorry fell asleep,,,,my hubby always says i could sleep through an earthquake :)
    @Amy: Well this time you only slept through the Apocalypse.

Some guy predicted it would happen today. But as you can see. all is well, in 'virutal' world today.

Vapetress
  • cindycatedcindycated Posts: 123Member
    So I hear in the news that the guy is missing now, nowhere to be found, not even to get busted. Maybe he was just predicting his own end, or is he hiding in shame? Boy, that guy's really creepy. He reminds me of the bad head dead guy in Poltergeist-type movies. I used to flip channels and run into his show once in awhile, and even that creeped me out.

Now as for the 12/21/12 one...there are NO psychic predictions after that date, not even by Nostradamus. They would know, right? :-)
  • VapinitaVapinita Posts: 746Member
    edited May 2011

Whew, what a strange night at the weekly pool tournament. We play a doubles format and hubby and I play partners. We made it all the way to the final round but during the last game, the balls started randomly rolling around the table and the 8 ball fell in the pocket out of turn, so we lost and finished 2nd place.

• nomorecigsnomorecigs Posts: 1,582Member
    edited May 2011

It's too early, but now gotta google the 2012 thing, thot it was the 31st, at least have Christmas, but you're saying 21st?  And Nostradmus in on it too?  Gheez, been brought up & still reminded about the end but no dates, always in back of mind.  Use to watch science channel on Nostra, gets creepy.  Anyway, glad everyone's sense of humor survived, this one at least! 

Ok, left to watch this on youtube, thot come back here & give lead-  part 1-6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KGg0BWFb-4&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

edited May 2011
    Oh - glad you all checked in. Are the Twin Cities still there? Tamy? WTF.
    edited May 2011
    Stephanie_V2cigs

It depends on how you were programed, er, I mean "brought up". I'm thinking you were "brought up" without that ability because you are such a good "girl". Marni, on the other hand, was definitely "brought up" with a little bit of that sinful quality. You know, always teasing us about what's coming in the future, but never telling us. Maybe on her next rejuvenation, er, I mean "vacation", she will return without that quality. But you, are a good droid, er, girl.
  • goin4nosmokegoin4nosmoke Posts: 1,672Member
    well said JackieO     great point   yup  yup
  • TamyTamy Posts: 1,882V2 Veteran
  • its the end of the world; as we know it
  • george_v2cigsgeorge_v2cigs Posts: 35Member
    And I feel fine!!!!
  • Carmen_v2cigsCarmen_v2cigs Posts: 203Member ✭✭
    I love that song! and go figure that was one of the many songs that ended up stuck in my head on Saturday.  :p