18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

Put Your Original Songs Or Performances Here

JackieOJackieO Posts: 10,239Member ✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in General Chatter
It seems quite a few V2 People have a talent for singing or songwriting. I know alot have said they are singers in a band or preform someplace. I thought I would start a thread for this purpose. If you have a video or an mp3 file of you or your band put it here to showcase your talent.

Please leave this thread for original work only.

There are other threads for videos of your favorite songs or groups. And as always please be kind, these are real people who are laying it all out there.

Comments

• JackieOJackieO Posts: 10,239Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    This is a song I wrote for my wife Lori. All of the music and voices are me. I hope the link works. And please be kind, it's just a hobby, I know I can't sing. Thanks. 

And I Do - Words, music & sound by JackieO.

edited May 2011
    A few years back within a period of 30 days - I lost my dad, my wife's mom was in the hospital and they
    thought she wouldn't make it (she did), my wife's closest cousin lost her 2 year old son to muscular dystrophy, my mother died and my wife's best friend passed away. Thirty days in November and December right before Christmas. I thought I handled it well, and I did. But something wasn't right again for about 2 years. I believe the clinical term is depression. This song was also written for my wife in the hopes that she would still be there for me after a long journey that took me nowhere. I was there, but I wasn't there. Again, your kindness is greatly appreciated.

I'll Be Coming Home Soon - Words, music & sound by JackieO.

You may download this song at:
    http://www.4shared.com/audio/eKN_hd-O/Ill_Be_Coming_Home_Soon.html
    Okay Mojo and the rest of you post your stuff or I'm gonna look like an *ssh*le. Won't be the last time.
  • Jackieo.... They are probably still sleeping! I-)
    edited May 2011
    Yeah that's it, cause otherwise I'm standing here with my you know what hanging out. Maybe cause cartoons are on.
  • Lol.... Ut oh. I just woke up....
    Oh I sent you a email!
  • MojoMojo Posts: 1,202Member
    JackieO how do you post your song like that?  I only know how to copy and paste the link...And yes I just woke up lol!
    In 4shared - When you're at the page where your song shows up like a video - underneath where it says "share with your friends" - there are 4 links - the last one is embed - copy that link & paste that into this box and it will come up like a little video. Then put the first link "URL" somewhere if you want people to be able to go to that page to download the song.
  • scottie2hottiescottie2hottie Posts: 7,265V2 Veteran
    How do you do the You-Tube inserts? Do you have to be logged in to You-Tube to do it? Always wondered how that magically happens....
    Mojo

scottie2hottie

Check your inboxes.
    I'll post more later.  And maybe get it posted right like JackieO's!!  I gotta get ready for a cookout at a friends house for now though.  I'll be back tomorrow...hope everyone has a great day!!
    Also how do you PM? I've done it on other forums but they were set up differently than this one.... And thanks for sent Info....
  • Scottie... You go to your inbox and click on the little word bubble thing in the upper right corner I believe. Then when your compose box pops up you can start typing the name of who you want to PM.... And it will show you your choices in a drop down.
    TH what happens if I click on you avatar and type in that box next to your pic? does that just go to you? BTW hard to tell from the tiny avatar on the thread after seeing it bigger you are very attractive...
    8->
  • Im not sure.... I have never done it that way bc I'm usually on my phone..... Wait I think in that box everyone can see it. Lol you can try it.

Oh and Thanx for the compliment! 8->
    TH check your personal page....
  • nomorecigsnomorecigs Posts: 1,582Member
    JackieO, I have commented before how you drove me to tears on other thread, so will keep it dry & just say love your work, keep it up!  And thanks for letting us download them!  =D>
  • JaniceJanice Posts: 380Member
    Jackie......what else can I say but the songs are beautiful. Really enjoyed listening to them but gotta be honest....brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful thing for Lori. And don't say u can't sing! Your voice sounded clearer on "And I Do" compared to "I'll be Coming Home Soon" due to background music drowning you out some. Thanks for sharing your talent.
    nomorecigs

Don't get me wrong what a nice compliment that a song would bring a tear to your eye, get yourself plenty of kleenex for my Father's Day Tribute to my Dad. Thank you for downloading that's a great compliment also, I would never have expected this much support and encouragement. Hey pretty soon you'll have enough to burn a CD.

Janice

Ditto on all the stuff I wrote above, I am truly honored and humbled. Yeah. I think I like when my voice is in a higher key like on And I Do and it's a much simpler arrangement. I do tend to over produce the song alot, like a kid in the candy store, "What's that a tuba sound, throwing that in too." And some songs I made my voice way too loud. When I mix the I do it with headphones on, make it a demo, then run upstairs to my stereo, play it on that, then try to balance them out. I gotta say they do sound excellent on a good stereo system or with headphones. But yeah I over produce them alot. Also on "I'll be Coming Home Soon" if you're talking about the chorus I think it's me singing the backup (all the Ahh's) that's drowning me out. Thanks again.
  • nomorecigsnomorecigs Posts: 1,582Member
    Boy are there alot of talented vapors here!  Good songs Mojo!!  :-D
    Thanks very much!
    Hey Mojo - you gonna convert those to mp3's? There are probably free programs that will do it without a loss in quality.
    I'll check on doing that.  I've been at a friends all day so have been away from the computer.
    Mojo - check out this page with a lot of free programs that convert m4a to mp3 I'm sure there are ones with no audio loss.

http://www.google.com/search?q=m4a+to+mp3&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Yay I got it converted and working!  Thanks JackieO!!
    Is it ok to post cover songs?
    edited May 2011
    Of course. Whatever you do is okay as long as it's you. This thread is for Forum users to post themselves.

Trying to get others to participate..........StarMaker!

And it sounds great the conversion didn't hurt anything.
    My cover of Rivers of Babylon

• TamyTamy Posts: 1,882V2 Veteran
    I wish I has speakers, but they fell into a bowl of cheerios and died.
    #-O
  • Very nice mojo..... Love your voice! Love your style!
    Thanks TH!  
  • TamyTamy Posts: 1,882V2 Veteran
    I want to listen too.
    :-(
    No headphones Tam? See if the ferrets will let you borrow a pair.
  • SammySammy Posts: 862Member
    I really appreciate the great talent within this community, and the opportunity to listen, enjoy, and download it for future enjoyment. I will post a tune soon. (Yeah The Joan Jett one) Just have to find that link where you all posted yours, or will post it to our bands EPK on our band web site. 

Please keep em coming. This is SUCH a treat!

Sammy - http://www.4shared.com - is it mp3 format? And oh no, you will post it right here on this Discussion young lady. OK?

Hmmm....that did not work....
    Awesome last tune Mojo. Adding it to my shag playlist heh heh heh 

Love Love LURV the Rivers of Babylon cover. Sang with a friend? Or doubled your own vocals? Amazing!
    edited May 2011
    Mojo my fave so far is the second one you posted. Tell me about that one. Very sensual. Its on the shag playlist too naturally.
    @ Starmaker  Rivers of Babylon is all me I just laid a few vocals tracks down.  Sometimes Works  I wrote and used to play it a lot just me and acoustic guitar...kinda had a Jack Johnson feel live.  When I recorded it I did the guitar and vocals and used an african drum and tambourine for a couple tracks.  A female friend sang some background.  I messed around with the mixing and got the tambourine to get that weird flowing sound.  When I wrote it I was going through a divorce and was bummed.  The war in Iraq was in full swing and I was just thinking about how people should just be good to each other.
    JackieO  I'll Be Coming Home Soon was so touching and thought provoking it brought a tear to the old girls eye. Thank you for sharing that. Hauntingly beautiful.

Adding it to my inspirational playlist!
    Thats cool Mojo, I was going to ask about the female vocals. Very nice touch. That was a tambourine making that funky back ground trippy sound? No way!
    Hahaha!  Yea it surprised me to when I was playing around with the mixing thing.  I usually don't do effects much but that was trippy and it just felt like it worked.
    Oh and BTW Starmaker on the african drum I put two socks on one hand and put a plastic grocery bag  on top of the drum for a different sound lol...see!!!  Far from pro!