WARNING: This product contains nicotine.
Nicotine is an addictive chemical.
18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

Are you Dehydrated? Warning...might be TMI for some

AngelsRUsAngelsRUs Posts: 1,710Member
edited September 2011 in V2 News and Updates
Just wanted to put this out there as helpful information.  I was dehydrated for years mostly due to a major coca cola addiction.  I didn't even know I was dehydrated most of this time.  Usually before you get dry lips or other signs you can tell you are dehydrated very easily

WARNING....Some might think uggggh....TMI!!!!

I apologize beforehand to those peeps...but I think it is good info to have.

If your urine is not light colored you are probably not getting enough water...if it is super dark you are most likely dehydrated!

I no longer drink coca cola and have had no major issues since then...but when I do notice I just increase water intake.

Hope this does not offend or bother anyone.

Comments

• mimimimi Posts: 1,998V2 Veteran
    Nope, not TMI. It is good to recognize symptoms for dehydration when you vape too much. 
  • Rule62Rule62 Posts: 3,237V2 Veteran
    @AngelsRUs Thanks, it is good info. I learned the value of proper hydration years ago; way before vaping came along. I used to ride mountain bikes competetively, and XC ski in the winter, before my knees turned to mush. If you're peeing yellow, you're already in hydration debt. Dehydration can not only be painful; it's dangerous. The best way to avoid it is to get into the habit of downing a glass of water regularly, throughout the day. I don't drink a lot of soda, but i confess to drinking loads of coffee. Coffee is also a diuretic, and can't be a substitute for water.
  • rachaelrachael Posts: 420Member
    @AngelsRUs Good information for everyone.  Many don't know that vaping dehydrates them.  I didn't when I started and I had a sore throat and felt like I was catching something and I drink quite a bit of water.  I read about the dehydration and upped my drinking.  Much better now. 
  • AngelsRUsAngelsRUs Posts: 1,710Member
    @Rule62 I was an avid athletic type when I was younger.  Rode at least 50 mi almost everyday for most of my teen years, track, basketball...the works.  When I was I kid I love ICE COLD water and it was all I drank!  I had no idea about dehydration till this year....find out I have been super dehydrated for years!  Don't know why or how but I finally quit drinking coke and it tastes nasty now.  However, I love my razzleberry Arizona tea....doesn't dehydrate me half as bad but I still have to watch it!

I figure since I have heard so much about vaping aiding in dehydration...that the info should be out there.  Better to know how to tell the earlier the better...takes me awhile to get the other signs myself.
  • JackieOJackieO Posts: 10,239Member ✭✭✭
    AngelsRUs - is that it? You started this thread, I get dry lips now and then & never before I started vaping. What are the rest of the signs?
  • JaniceJanice Posts: 380Member
    If you pinch ur skin, pull up then let go on top of ur hand and it stays up then ur dehydrated. That's an old medical clue.
  • lulu836lulu836 Posts: 762V2 Veteran ✭✭
    While we are on the subject.............if you have any kind of chronic kidney disease you need to quit smoking and vaping.  PG is very hard on the kidneys and no amount of liquid is going to neutralize that.  Second choice is to vape only VG eliquids.  Third choice is well.......I'll leave that to your imagination.  First hand experience.
  • AngelsRUsAngelsRUs Posts: 1,710Member
    @JackieO  http://www.symptomsofdehydration.com/ there you go...too much info to really go into it I am sure there are better sites out there than this as well.

Long term dehydration was affecting me in a lot of those areas.  I just didn't realize it.  Now that I know I watch for it.  dehydration can be really serious!
  • scattertheloganscatterthelogan Posts: 127Member
    if your skin remains up you also may be old..