WARNING: This product contains nicotine.
Nicotine is an addictive chemical.
18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

howdy!

HexxenHexxen Posts: 24Member
edited September 2011 in V2 News and Updates
New vaper here.  Just got my V2 kit today.  It took a week from the day I ordered due to that backlog after Labor Day.  I actually got antsy the last two days and began compulsively checking the tracking on the package.  The only other item that I get that antsy over are new computers!

Sahara... I don't know how to describe the taste, but I like it!
Peppermint...  kinda reminded me of Kaopectate.  Maybe it'll grow on me.
Cola...  you know, it smells really good, but the taste wasn't quite there.  I actually think I liked the smell of this one the best, too.

In any case, I think I'm hooked!

Now comes the issue... my university (and my state) enacted a Clean Air on Campus Act about 2 years ago.  It originally banned smoking and the use of any tobacco product (including dip) on campus.  They said it was a second-hand smoke issue, but banning dip kinda negates that.  Then they said it was a public health issue.   Now recently they've banned e-cigarettes too, because industrious college kids (and frankly, pissed off university staff and faculty) started vaping.  Now that those are banned, I'm not sure what we'll do.  But then again... e-cigs don't put out the smoke, so who's to say you can't just hop down for a potty break and vape in the bathroom?  It's like being in high school all over again!

Comments

• MomMom Posts: 2,577V2 Veteran
    Vapin' in the men's room!  Sounds like a new version of an old song.
  • VapestackVapestack Posts: 707Member
    Shoot,,,,, I can stealth vape on the front row of the first baptist church with my grandpa singing in the choir .
    I work at a smoke/vape free university but people are always breaking the rule,,, for me time for another bathroom break...... When I started in healthcare pharmaceutical vendors gave ad ashtrays for the breakrooms, nurses stations and doctors lounges. And we paired smoking and non smoking patients. Used to piss off a patient when we put his room mate on oxygen, and he had to move him to another room with a new room mate . No private rooms back then unless you were in the ICU. .
  • mimimimi Posts: 1,998V2 Veteran
    Yea! Kudos to you for making the switch. You'll find that we ALL have anxiety while awaiting our orders. Always. Checking the delivery schedule all hours of the day and night. Where, oh where, is my package? Just be sure you are stocked up with enough cartos to last you through sales BEFORE the holiday sale starts. Lots of questions show up in the forum about being able to vape on planes. And now at universities. Good grief. Politicians have no clue as to the truth about ecigs. Duh, but what else is new when it comes to our fine elected officials... And that is all I will say.
  • AngelsRUsAngelsRUs Posts: 1,710Member
    Stealth vape if you must!  That is what I do when I can't...mainly in medical places but I smoke mine anywhere and everywhere...I made a crocheted necklace thing just for that purpose!

@mimi I think they do realize the truth about e-cigs and that is what worries them...loss of money for Tobacco companies, Big Pharma and FDA...not to mention supposed healthcare reform $$  If they can't ban it they will find a way to tax the nicotine I am sure...it is all about the money!

• HexxenHexxen Posts: 24Member
    It's getting out of hand here with the anti-smoking legislation.

About 8 years ago they passed a city smoke free ordinance which banned smoking within 15 feet of all public buildings and all eating establishments.  So for those bars that did serve food, they had to chuck the smokers out onto a patio.  I didn't really mind so much, I live in the South, the summers are long, and it's nice to be out on the patio with friends. 

Now they're trying to get a law passed to ban smoking PERIOD, even in the bars. So far the remaining hippies, bar owners, and free spirits are fighting back pretty hard against the uppity temperance society types and massive influx of yuppies of late. 

I'm in the Ozarks, born and raised.  I swear half my hillbilly classmates were hitting grandpa's pipe at 12.  Everyone I knew smoked, and I never thought I'd see the day when smoking was pretty much banned everywhere except your house.  It's also now illegal to smoke in your car with a child under 6.  So I gave up having to  deal with smoking clandestinely and I guess it's stealth vaping for me!
    @Hexxen

I agree it is out of hand; however, you are very lucky!  Where I am at winters are long and being outside is very unpleasant to say the least.  Every buisness is NON SMOKING period no exceptions.  Even if the buisness owner is a smoker and wants smoking in their establishment bar or not...it is not allowed.

The rest is the same here and there are plenty of people who are making a fuss about it in YOUR OWN home as well.  Not that it is healthy to do so for yourself or family; however, it irks me that the government is taking my freedoms away..especially in my own home?  It is unreal!
    @AngelsRUs

I just got done writing a letter to my senator yesterday griping about a new federal bill being pushed through that taxes e-cigarettes the same as cigarettes and other tobacco products.  The Saving Lives Through Lowering Tobacco Use Act.  I finally got fed up and said "When is it enough?"  We're not even using tobacco anymore!

Public health issues and the cost of government healthcare for people related to smoking is likely to be an issue, but what about fast food, fatty food, salt, trans fats, and the litany of other things we put into our bodies that are known to be bad for us and lead to chronic disease and/or death?  What about living a sedentary lifestyle? Are they gonna start taxing McDonald's, or enforcing daily exercise? 

But of course they discredit what we say because they say "That's the addiction to nicotine talking."

I'd love to see how they react if a meal at fast food places was to cost $20 per person, or a Pizza Hut pizza were to cost $50 for a large.  Or if chips, soft drinks, white bread, salt, Velveeta, anything that wasn't low-fat was taxed 200%.

It'd be a fair comparison since a couple of years ago, I could get a pack of Camels for $2.82 and now they are $7.

• southernstitchsouthernstitch Posts: 413Member

@AngelsRUs, yeah they are trying to prevent smoking in your own home if you live in apartments or condos where the smell can drift to another's residence. 

There is this "legal" incense stuff that smells so strong and bad it's unbelieveable, (not legal in some places), and I can totally understand how the smell can permeate over to someone elses condo, causing complaints.   My son tried using that crap in my house and I had to put my foot down.  The odor of it was noxious.  Not a MJ smell, but really, really strong and terrible.  I don't know about cigs though.  I've lived in lots of apartments and never had a non smoking neighbor complain about cigarette smell. 

@Hexxen You might enjoy this thread

I completely agree with you and I posted something very similar on another thread.  I guarentee every potato chip a holic I know would have a fit if a bag of doritos went up to $8-$9 a bag.  I believe they will eventually get around to taxing all that stuff too.  Tobacco is just easier for now and with a lot of public support.  Once they are done getting their way with us they'll go after the sheep with no clue and they will be crying too.  Too bad most don't see it and they just go with the flow and justify singling out one group.

@southernstitch  has nothing to do with that here where I am at...so makes no sense at all....they are pushing for ANY dwelling house or apartment.  

I for one am tired of seeing our freedoms slowly impeded upon and stripped from us.
    Tom's Bacon Cheddar Fries.  If those went up to $8 a bag, I'd cry. 

I don't understand this new morality campaign that seems to really take focus on nicotine.  Why aren't they attacking caffeine?  If people had their Coca-Cola or coffee vending machines taken away, and had to deal with micromanagement of their addiction to the stimulant caffeine, I bet they'd have a mass revolution.

How about a chocolate tax?  Bet that'd go over well too! LOL
  • MomMom Posts: 2,577V2 Veteran

Well - you pick on the one most can agree on first, then the others are more vulnerable.  Pretty soon it'll be like "Demolition Man", salt is bad for you hence it's illegal.

We must enhance our calm.  Be well!  LOL
    @Hexxen That's what I'm sayin!!!

@Mom ...yep I see that happening too...ever seen sliders...there was an episode where they landed on an Earth where you needed a medical card or dr okay or something like that to order anything from fast food....

You are right they attack the one(s) the majority wouldn't mind singling out and feel justified in doing so...eventually it will come back to bite them in the butt by giving them the control and authority to be our "parents"