18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

Head to head comparison: V2 vs. the other guys

CiegoCiego Posts: 13Member
edited December 2010 in V2 News and Updates
Yup. V2's batteries seem to work better.

I posted a discussion in this section regarding battery equivalents. Yes, V2's battery is compatible with the generic battery number KR808D-1.

However, the similarity may end there.

Keep in mind, my statements are not supported by any sort of scientific test. It is possible to measure battery drain under load over time using sophisticated bench equipment, which I don't have and wouldn't know how to use if I did... LOL

And of course, I haven't tried _every_ KR808D-1 out there, but I can tell you this:

Unlike other batteries I own of the same capacity rating, V2 batteries seem to hold a charge longer. I'm not saying they give more puffs per charge, but they seem to hold a charge a lot better than other vendors' batteries, with a few notable exceptions. I borrowed a V2 battery from a friend just before Thanksgiving and treated it to light to moderate use. The battery was strong enough to exhaust a full cartomizer before it quit, and when I went back to it last week, I was pleased to find out that it hadn't been completely exhausted. I was still able to get a few good strong vapes from it before it ran out of power.

Also, the V2 battery seems to have a more robust switching system. I had an auto go off in my pocket yesterday after it was impacted by a loud noise. My V2 has never done that (vacuum switch instead of audio sensor?)

Of course, the jury is still out. I've had a V2 in my possession (borrowed from a friend) since the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, and the others for only a couple weeks. However, my gut is telling me that so far, V2's battery wins.

Comments?

Comments

• TodersToders Posts: 56Member
    I had some issues with my v2 cigs holding a charge at first, but I was sent a replacement and the new charger seems to have solved the issues.
  • EarthpigEarthpig Posts: 4,754V2 Veteran
    I think V@ needs to substantiate the differences.
    I haven't read anywhere on the facts to the batteries over other companies offerings.
    They are all made in China. "All !" I volt meeter tested mine at 4.2v + 4.3v after a charge, but they drop off after use to as low as 3.4v. Mine are not V2's. I've been interested in ordering, but won't until I get verification that their batteries are (a) different, and (b) their orders will be met within a reasonable amount of time.
    Thus far I have proof of neither.
  • JondsterJondster Posts: 571V2 Veteran
    Batteries have seemed to be the weakest link in the "system" with us. Perhaps you (Earthpig) have a point with the charger as stated.

I oughta stick a voltmeter on both of ours
  • mthoma5mthoma5 Posts: 98Member
    I found out something interesting with the batteries. when I charge them the recommended amount of time I get very little life out of them(3 hours, but if I slow charge them on the USB port overnight with my computer turned off a standard battery lasts 6 hours with relatively heavy vaping. I then charge from the wall socket until the light turns green and it lasts 4-5 hours.
  • jcramer20jcramer20 Posts: 227Member
    I dont have any problems with my battery's holding a charge. It has nothing to do with how long they last (hrs) but on how many puffs you take.
    edited December 2010
    I wasn't necessarily referring to them holding a charge. I was referring to the amount of time I could use it/them instead of smoking. I smoke/vape pretty much all day. If I am smoking I chain smoke, if I am vaping its constantly in my hand and I'm taking a drag. Since I don't care to count how many times I puff in any given time I refer to it as length of time they work. I have no idea how many puffs I take in an hour, but since I usually chain smoke it's pretty constant. ( Hence the reason I had a 3+ pack a day habit).
    Then your going to have to charge them more frequent. I would say get at least 4 battery's then.
  • RadRonRadRon Posts: 86Member
    edited December 2010
    x
    edited December 2010
    Radron ~ OK, something needs some explanation here. What do we mean here by an "Off Computer" ?? One where the power supply is still on and the mainboard's powered but the computer itself isn't running ?? As far as I know, the USB ports are powered the same in this condition (they're taking the same 5 volts off the power supply) as when the processor's taking power. The only difference is that the 12 volt rails are off .... in which case it doesn't seem to add up.
    RadRon,

Thanks for the input....I actually have a pass thru on it's way..as well as 2 xlong batterries. Being that I spend most of time on computer that should solve my issue. With 3 batteries that last 6+ hours and a USB passthru I should be set.

The slow charge I was referring to does not require the computer to be off..just to charge on the USB which is slower than the wall outlet...
    edited December 2010
    x
    There is a train of thought out there that computer usb ports don't have the juice to adequately charge a battery of this nature, and that you can actually fry a computers usb port by doing so or at least severely overheat it.
    It is convenient, however, but, food for thought.
    RadRon can you charge the v4l batteries on the V2 charger? I have considered ordering from them but I really don't want anymore chargers cluttering my desk :-). Please don't yell at me for asking this question guys...I just want a back up. :(

edited December 2010
    x
  • MmAcMmAc Posts: 149Member
    V4life ships asap, had my order in 3 days
    Good flavors, compatable w v 2 batteries and no 2+ week waiting period
  • PersephonePersephone Posts: 7Member
    Ah, I don't think it's kosher to give that info on this forum...but they do have a huge forum of their own and I believe you can get that info there.
    Oh, and I was vaping the cognac, not "port". LOL Delicious!
    edited December 2010
    x
    edited December 2010
    x
    edited December 2010
    x
  • zar777zar777 Posts: 108Member
    Thank you very much guys, I will be trying their juice. I love V2 and tell every one about them, and still will, but they can't keep my carts in stock and I have to wait weeks to get them, or settle and pay for something I don't like. If this was any other company, you know we wouldn't stand for that.
    The last batch of carts I bought don't even last a whole day like the first batch I got with my kit. I don't know what changed. All in all, I still love my v2, I just need a back up until they do get their act together.
    All you people posting stuff for V4L should be ashamed of yourself, This is a forum for V2 not V4L. You all make me sick that you can back stable a company that is new that has a great product that everyone wants, Just because they have a few delays in shipping.
  • BigJimBigJim Posts: 44Member
    If I didn't go to other companies I would have sent my kit back the day I got it!!!
    I ordered on haloween, had to change my order to all congress to get my kit by thanksgiving
    ( can't stand congress taste) I ordered cowboy, chocolate, coffee and blanks on the thanksgiving sale... have not got them yet, of course and V2 does not carry juice yet!

So if I did not "Back Stab them" as you put it.... they would not have me as a customer at all, Now or in the future!

But I like V2... So if I know of somewhere someone can get what they need to keep from going back to analogs, sending their kits back or whatever I will. If V2 has a better product like everyone says and I know they have better prices then people will not stray far and when V2 can keep up and starts selling juice the customers will still be here not back on analogs!

So, I'm sorry to hear I make you sick.... but you can bet your sick butt I'll keep doing it! Much better to give your money to another company for now than go back to analogs! And I bet even V2 would agree with that.
    jcramer20,
    Like I said, I just need a back up until they get their act together. We are all going through the same thing here. We are not back stabing V2, on the contrary. Because they do have such a great product, we are sticking with this company that can't deliver (pardon the pun) what we are paying for quickly enough. We are nicotene addicts trying to quit smoking. If everyone here is like me, I will buy a pack of cigarettes if I can't vape. I am 6 days analog free after 26 yrs, I don't want to go back to it. If v4L or any other company can keep me off analogs until v2 can fill my order, so be it.

This forum, to me anyway, is not just for v2 but a support system as well.

People have baught V2 kits because of my recomendation inspite of the delays, I will continue to recommend them.

Couldn't have said it better bigjim
    It's nothing personal to v2, the whole point is to quit smoking, and support each other
    Jcramer
    Look at it this way
    When u were smoking analogs, and your favorite gas station was out of your brand, would you switch brands? Or go elsewhere for the product
    Absolutely everything I have tried to order is out of stock, have been told that the auto adapter won't be in till end of month, when u can go elsewhere and get it in 3 days
    I like v2, but I am a new customer but have lost some of the enthusiasm with all the delays
    Whatever you all I think you over read what I wrote. Thats fine you can get them in 3 days are they as good. And why not help people in other forums not V2's forum. And no I would not go to another gas station I would by something else.
  • PersephonePersephone Posts: 7Member
    I certainly didn't mean to ruffle any feathers or cause an friction with my comments.
    I can see/understand points made by both "camps"...and it *is* very frustrating to wait so long for something, see some many inconsistencies, and to sometimes be disappointed when your items finally arrive.
    Lots of inconsistencies, that's for sure.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    jcramer, I do help people on other forums and can't understand why you think I shouldn't help people on V2's forum???
    And yes I will go to another gas station in a heartbeat unless it is WAY out of my way, then I would by something else.
    I also find it very interesting how quick you would change brands of real cigs if you can't get your brand... but seem to be so hardcore aganist changing ecig brands if you can't get your brand.
    First off I never said I would get a totally different brand,( lets say i smoke Marl 100's and their out then I would buy marl lighs100's of just marl reds) Second I would not promote another company on the site. I have tried another e-cigs carts because i had the same problem(back order) But its all good now. I order enough at a time and I order weeks a head of time just to make sure I don't run out. I have help out people but I have sent them a private message because I just don't think its right putting another company's name on this forum.
    edited December 2010
    x
    I guess you don't see the big picture but whatever. No I don't work for them. And I just don't see why people would use their product but promote another company's product. I have nothing but great things to say, I have received all my shipment in a timely manner but once but that's because of the cowboy full back order issue a few months ago and I didn't want to get a lighter strength.

For anyone thinking of ordering the V2 starter kits or products, V2 is well worth the wait, Best E-cig on the Market.

Anyone wanting to order a started kit you can save 15% off your starter kit by using promo code thankcramer
  • METALLICUBMETALLICUB Posts: 56Member
    edited December 2010
    Hey Zar777---My newer batch of carts from v2 arent lasting as long as the first batch i recieved with my starter kit. I thought it was just me...my wife noticed it too.. whats up with that?
    I am sorry, but it is absolutely ridiculous how much time is spent on this forum regarding delayed and back order issues. No matter how wonderful the customer service is, or how great the company is, if you can,t get the product, it all the sudden isn,t so wonderful. I was asked earlier if the carts were as good from the other company I found, the answer is yes, actually, I like the menthol better. The only reason I started looking elsewhere is because v2 couldn't provide the product, I'm still waiting for 1/2 of my starter kit and they said it will arrive maybe at the end of the month.
    At a certain point, it is just a waist of time and energy
    I think it is ridiculous that someone would have to go back to analogs because they can't get the product from v2
    There are other companies, just like there are other gas stations
    Something changed, I went through 3 today. The ones with my starter kit used to last all day and well into the next, heavy vaping too. I'm afraid to order more
    edited December 2010
    I'm as big a V2 fanboy as there is, HOWEVER:

I will go to V2 first for my needs. If they can't fill them, I have to have an option. Right now I refill and use juice from XYZ Company. I will try & use V2 juice when they have it. I tried to use V2 blanks but some of you guys ordered them all ...

My wife saw an offer from some company that entailed essentially a free starter kit, all you pay is the freight. She wants to try it, if anything to see what the "competition" is offering. I'm interested to see just what it is ... like a 501/601 cart or RF808D ... 2 piece or 3 piece, any good or not (?) We'll report here if she follows through.

I can see and condone posting competitive links and promotional offers here, if it's done by (primarily) V2 users. If you're not a V2 customer and just trolling, I'd say we need a moderator/admin here for some censoring. It is, after all, V2's forum.
  • goin4nosmokegoin4nosmoke Posts: 1,672Member
    well put jondster
    Jondster. I agree this is V2's forum. and other companys should not be posted on this forum or their promo codes.

By the way I have tried those free kits just pay shipping. Their are a scam and they charge your card even if you cancel. I would say stay away from them. That just my experience and opinion
    From what I have heard and read those " free trials" are a scam and best avoided. I am new to ecigs- v2 was my 1st purchase, I am stll waiting for the completion of my 2 traveler kits I ordered at thanksgiving. I am now currently another companies customer as well, only because v2 has so many delays and backorders. I never would have looked for an alternative if v2 had the stock and quick turn around time that I have found at v4life. I will continue to be a v2 customer, but probably not exclusively as I had originally planned.
    I'm one who wants to order the batteries , but fat chance.
    Why? A few reasons. I have asked for verification on what makes their batteries superior and as of yet haven't gotten any feedback (except voltage rating). Secondly I will not order with the situation as it is. I will not contend with back orders and being pushed back from an internet source.

My current batteries were part of a shopping mall kit. They measure 3.7v and 4.2v at full charge. I have asked what's the difference, and gotten no feedback.

On the carto's, I hate the ones from the mall store, and yet when hearing the horror stories here, I'll deal with the mall store and clean out so I can refill with my own fluid (which here is not available). I may pay more, BUT they are readily available, and if I get a few dead ones, they swap em up, right then, no questions asked, and even hand me a few extra's for my troubles.

Face it. A company is only as good as the service provided, no matter if quality is a little better or not.
    I look forward to trying both V2's carto's and batteries after they get their orders on track, AND after verification that their batteries are any better. They are NOT priced better, but IF they are better, I'm on board. Otherwise....?

I don't by a car I can't get service or parts for either, unless it's a classic that can afford to sit while I wait, and also as long as I still have a daily driver.
    Many here have a conundrum . Get supplied, or smoke cigarettes.
    Hi Earth,

I must say I understand your position. Fortunately, many of us that face the conundrum have been helped out by people like you on the forum that have done the research and found others that have carts that fit on the v2. I have to say I love the V2 product in comparison to my smoke 51 and my smoking everywhere devices. However, I did clean out my smoke 51 carts and I'm finding they smoke ALMOST as well as my V2. So I have decided that kr808D-1(v2) is my first battery choice and kr808D-2 (smoke51) is my second battery choice. Knowing the battery specifications opens up a whole other side of vaping and allows a great deal more options thereby ending the conundrum of batteries and cart suppliers. So now I just have figure out what juice works best for me. :-)

mthoma5
    edited December 2010
    x
    edited December 2010
    x
    This forum seems like a forum for all the other company's but V2 now. Seems like every other post has a name of another company on it.

Lets stop plugging other company's product. You should be Endorsing V2's product.
    It's called an open forum.... I guess you just can't understand that part.
    RadRon,

The dimension is slightly larger, and the standard battery from V2 is smaller than the "long" D2 battery. I have been able to jury-rig a couple of the V2 carts to go on so I could smoke a cart on both batteries but the threading is slightly different. But that is how I found out that vapor production is similar on both models. I have not measured the volts on it. As a former pc tech I have a ton of voltmeters and as a construction workers daughter my fathers greatest disappointment is my inability to work the stupid things...LOL I know I get plenty of vapor from both batteries, and I have found a source for the blank carts, for both models so I am using it as a backup.
    RadRon. Others as well.
    I would rather not push other brands on this site.
    Sorry. Not my intent here.
    Yes, this is a "open forum", but who's open forum?
    I respect that.

Yeah there are so many varieties on the market, it can get overwhelming in just understanding the possibilities. Even major mods. Some of them look real stupid, but throw vapor like a fog machine on a stage.
    These KR808's are probably (in my opinion) the most sane, properly sized and best combo of fluid holding capability, and battery power on the market today. Also they are quite clean and basic. Gotta love the overall design. Some flaws? Sure! They've only been out for a few years now. Improvements are happening all the time, however.

These are a KR808D-1 format. I think the D2 is either a differing battery or cart(not sure), but if I recall, the connections are the same. Some companies make carto's with reduced ohm resistance that vape harder (but will also fry faster and cook the inner batting quicker.(not good)). I think the D2 is a compatible connection, but not overall compatible. Someone will probably want to correct that statement.
  • SierraSierra Posts: 36Member
    Only post happy, feel-good posts! If you do not post a happy, feel-good post within the next 2 hours, you will receive only bad-luck! Please forward this post to all your friends and relatives!

V2 does need to be commended for allowing an open forum, and despite fan-boys insisting that only positive comments are posted, it actually helps V2. There are many V2 users here who not only praise the quality of the V2 products, but also offer their criticism of V2. They give V2 a chance to improve their quality.
    It is an open forum, but I thought it was V2's forum not every other company's. I just don't feel that its fair for people to plug other company's on this forum. When it is V2's forum. I feel that this forum should be only for V2 product's and it would be a shame if V2 JUST UP AND REMOVED THE FORUM.
  • goin4nosmokegoin4nosmoke Posts: 1,672Member
    I was at the mall today, with my v2 ecig of corse...kinda funny actually...i went up there and had my v2 ecig out and was vaping....as i was talking to there sales clerk he was amazed with the amount of vapor and the consistancy of it...he didnt say it, but i saw the look on his face...it was cool. i told him i would not buy a kit from there kiosh but asked about there cartamizors, if they had them or if they only sold cartriges lololol he had no clue what i was talking about...well after i had to explain it to him...he did have them......i asked him if i could see if it was combatable for my ecig, he was nice and let me try and yes it did fit....problem tho.....15.00 for 5 carts.....i kinda was like well, its nice to know u have these here, but i get them $5.00 less from where i get mine. He was nice when i asked if i could just purchace one at a time, he said that would be fine. so at least i know i have a back up, just in case....just dont want to have to buy a pack when that time comes or smoke more cause i cant vape cause i am out of carts.
    tc all and happy merry vaping!!