18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

Can you sweeten your e juice??

ChaseChase Posts: 6Member
edited December 2010 in V2 News and Updates
Help...

Comments

• mthoma5mthoma5 Posts: 98Member
    Not sure what you mean by sweeten? PG I believe it is is already rather sweet.
  • BigJimBigJim Posts: 44Member
    Yes you can sweeten your e juice :-)
    You can get Ethyl Maltol, sucralos and perfumers apprentice sweetner from most of the DIY shops. I have gotten it from http://www.onestopdiyshop.com/ .... good prices, fast shipping.
  • ChaseChase Posts: 6Member
    TY!
  • EarthpigEarthpig Posts: 4,754V2 Veteran
    Ever vape straight VG?
    It's sickening sweet. Go down to your local health food store and get 4oz of Now brand VG, for $5.oo. Try it, you won't vape much of it(unless your a sugarholic), but it can be mixed with other juices.
  • ChaseChase Posts: 6Member
    Thanks Earth
    No prob.
    VG vapes more (more cloud on the exhale), but is a thicker fluid as well. Many contend it doesn't allow the flavoring to come out as well. I honestly cannot say, but it has gotten to the point that the only juice I vape is VG based. I won't claim it's better,,,just different.
  • RadRonRadRon Posts: 86Member
    edited December 2010
    x
  • goin4nosmokegoin4nosmoke Posts: 1,672Member
    I heard of RY4, and i was gonna order it...but they were out of stock, i think its really popular...i been watching a lot of videos and researching a lot and found some places that I like a lot. Been on electric cigarette forums, a place where vapors go....a company doesnt own it, but its a great source of info... omg i have learned so much lolololololol but i do prefer the vg/pg mixed juice.
    VG has more cloud but less throat hit, PG stil has decent cloud but more throat it....but i cant remember which one holds a better flavor lol
    Happy Merry Vaping All and Happy Holidays V2 :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    thanks dee

Happy Merry Vaping!
    RadRon.
    Anytime you mix in VG, you are basically thinning the flavor, but yes, I suppose it would also sweeten it.
    I really suggest buying and playing with a $5.00, 4oz bottle of VG, (and make sure it's got the label as approved as a food product...there is a designation, but I don't recall it). NOW brand makes the one I bought from the health food store, and I heard some Wallgreens have VG available (but ours didn't).
    Rad
    I've also fallen in love with Johnson Creek's, Red Oak series of VG flavors. Their Domestic has a mild pipe tobacco flavor that to me is a step above any cigarette type flavor. It seems to have a slight vanilla tinge, and has a smooth thick flavor. Vapes incredibly!
    I just played with mixing their Black Cherry into it, in a 50/50 mix (which is PG), and the flavor is very good. It may be a little sweeter than I am used to.
    It doesn't seem to vape quite as well, but I've only tried one carto so far,,,jury is still out.
    It won't be my daily mix, but it is good for a change.
    I have found a place where they offer like a sweetner juice, i was told just want to add 1 drop cause it is super sweet.
    I do like the pg/vg mix alot and prefer it to just pg or just vg...get the throat it and a great taste and vapor :)
    Happy Merry Vaping :)
  • SierraSierra Posts: 36Member
    Ms T's sells a sweetener as well.
    I tried Stevia.
    I really am not fond of too sweet, however. Some of the candied flavors I mix with tobacco flavors to cut em.
    Not so sure Stevia is good to vape, however.
    Why? I concern myself with boil points and what effect it has chemically on certain flavorings in general. Some things are destroyed and morph into other things.
    Actually the use of Ethyl Malatol or the "ol"  family of sweeteners isn't too bad for you. They are alcohol slow sugars.
    It's the Splendas and those things on the restaurant tables that aren't good for you. Stevia came about as a replacement/safer option for those.
  • Rule62Rule62 Posts: 3,237V2 Veteran
    I use TPA Cotton Candy flavoring. It is ethyl maltol diluted with PG.
  • DixieDixie Posts: 6,230V2 Veteran
    I read that you have to use liquid version of splenda because the base they use for powdered splenda burns up coils
    Why use Splenda? Other safer options are available.
    Lol ep... Cause it's on a forum
    Ok....use it then.

8-|
  • ezduzit69ezduzit69 Posts: 2Member
    Be nice
  • ezduzit69ezduzit69 Posts: 2Member
    Hmmm, just wondering... I purchased a bottle of pure liquid Vanilla Stevia as a way of cutting down on my sugar intake... hmmm.

• Totally2HempTotally2Hemp Posts: 4,398V2 Veteran
    I use cotton candy mostly for sweeting.
    VG

• DaddyCatDaddyCat Posts: 6,786Member ✭✭✭✭
    I use cotton candy mostly for sweeting.
    Do you smash the cotton candy tight or do you try and get it in the carto still fluffy?
  • mrtmrt Posts: 5,021Member ✭✭✭
    Fluffy like a (marsh)mallow.
  • sdoddsdodd Posts: 1,174Member ✭✭
    mmmmm it's almost peeps time!!!! @mrt
  • CynsonyaCynsonya Posts: 5,367Member
    I was at Walgreeens yesterday and they had about 12 colors of peeps @sdodd. When we were kids we got pink or blue!
    We only had yellow, lol! I can only eat "stale" ones ;) @cynsonya
  • CynsonyaCynsonya Posts: 5,367Member
    I hate marshmallows so I don't eat any, but the new colors are sooo pretty :)) @sdodd
    Just like a rainbow of peeps?  :)  But you needn't wait till after the rain.
    Yeah, not my fav...I prefer cadbury cream eggs! And anything coconut...mmmmm @cynsonya. I really dont like all the crazy ones now @mrt
    stale peeps are the best! well after anything chocolate that is.
    LOL @daddycat....execpt for the above mentioned items, I much prefer non chocolate candy. Can anyone say JELLY BEANS!!!!!
    Is anybody realizing this thread is 2+years old?

Sure did @Earthpig but that's never stopped us before. :p
  • amoreamore Posts: 2,194Member ✭✭
    I only eat microwaved peeps. They are so delicious. 30 seconds or less if you only do one. Let cool then munch out.
  • parrotladyparrotlady Posts: 686Member
    Was this you, @amore?

Turn it 90° to the left and it looks like Peep taxidermy to hang on the wall. :))
  • amoreamore Posts: 2,194Member ✭✭
    =)) @parrotlady, that is one mad peep
  • MikeVMikeV Posts: 511Member
    Loved it!
  • Corbs126Corbs126 Posts: 62Member
    Stale peeps are delicious. Anybody think they need to come out with jelly bean vape flavors?
  • MikeVMikeV Posts: 511Member
    I wish they had a bubble-gum liquidy or gooey center.  Fill 'em with a bunch of different flavors.  Maybe even some coffee liqueurs or a little spiced rum in a caramel base.  :))
  • ShanefptShanefpt Posts: 7Member
    edited October 2015
    I realize this is an old thread but I decided since it is the #2 Google hit on "sweeten ejuice with Stevia" I figured I would go ahead and offer up my professional 2¢ on the subject after much trial in error over the last two years of making my own commercial ejuices and mods. Also I am not an employee of representative of any of the website links I provide but just sharing where I have ordered from and received a quality product. I do not suggest buying flavor bases with a premix in PG/VG but get a pure concentrate and mix it yourself. If you are new to mixing there is an awesome free software tool at: http://ejuice.breaktru.com/ that can help you calculate a proper mix. Just add in all your flavor concentrates, sweeteners, nicotine, desired end result PG/VG mix (I typically go P50/V50 for bolder flavor or P30/V70 for big clouds) click calculate and it will tell you how much of each you need to add. 

#1 Liquid Stevia (like you find in the grocery store) like PureVia (purevia.com) is okay to use however I would suggest that you buy a cheap 1.6oz bottle from the grocery store first and try it in a cup of tea/lemonade as directed and see if you like it. Stevia doesn't quite taste the same as sugar. Try to stick to pure liquid extracts as they often tend to be cut by distilled water, which is safe for your mod's coils (and seals/metals/other materials). Try to steer clear of any crystals since they will recrystalize in your ejuice drippers, tank, and gunk up your coil. However, they are no more/less safe and you can easily clean your tanks with a bottle of distilled water and a napkin (or) your coil by stripping it down (exposing the coil - remove all cotton) and dry burn the coil until it gets red hot. Hold it for 15 seconds or so, then release the button and (holding on an angle to avoid getting tap water in your battery cover) while the coil is red hot place it under the running water. Then dry burn it again and repeat 2 or 3 times. This is will cure coil gunkification. To replace, just disassemble your mod, dry it off well, add new cotton, and voila - good as new.
    I suggest using "NOW" brand as the ingredients are deionized water, Stevia, and 11% alcohol.

#2 As BigJim suggested Ethyl Maltol (Rule62 - Cotton Candy ejuice) is the traditional "sweetener" used by the vast majority of your professional ejuice alchemists. This can be a mild sweetener and can grow to overpowering depending on your percentages mixed. Of course if you use "cotton candy ejuice" it will be more subtle and may contain extra dyes and nonsense you don't want. The fewer the chemicals the better I believe. However, due to the fact that it does have a "spun sugar" flavor, it will alter the flavor of your vape so test it first.

#4 Xylitol - this is actually a sugar alcohol. This works great with sour flavors. It also reduces the instance of dental cavities! 
    You may have to fish this one up at a local health food store. They sell it here in Fort Myers but it is tough to find online. (info link)

#5 Sucralose - Dixie asked about Splenda, though I wouldn't use the "Splenda" named product, there are great "pure sucralose" sweeteners available. One of the best I have used (and most popular answers to the question of "best ejuice sweetener" next to Ethyl Maltol is "EZ-Sweetz" liquid which is a pure liquid sucralose concentrate. I enjoy this as does many people and most leave positive reviews, however like Stevia, this is not your typical sweet taste and is an acquired flavor. Therefore, I must suggest that you try a small amount first and increase from there and test it to see if it tickles your palette. 

#6 Bavarian Creme - a great sweetener for coffee/dessert flavored juices. This is a very strong flavor but not overly sweet - so use sparingly and mix to taste.

#7 Brown Sugar (ejuice concentrate) - if your cookie dough ejuice calls for brown sugar, why settle for anything else?

#8 Maple Syrup (ejuice concentrate) - if you want to achieve that true pancake/waffle experience you cannot forget the maple syrup!

edited October 2015
    #9 French Vanilla (Vanilla Custard) - similar to Bavarian Creme maybe slightly milder in and smoother in flavor and sweetness. Great with most flavor mixes, a very versatile concentrate.

Also, just to toss it out there, and Vanilla (ejuice) concentrates often tend to have a high volume of alcohol/ethyl maltol with a strong vanilla accent (good with berry flavors and fruity flavors as well as menthol/mint), also, I have heard of many people using sweet liquors (50+ proof) being used in many cases (but you are adding more chemicals and you may want to check what the ingredients and process for each at your own discretion).

Hopefully this will prove useful to this and any vaping community.
  • samanthasamantha Posts: 3,229Administrator, Moderator admin
    interesting thread... bumping