18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

Best way to "Steep" new juices?

shelly48shelly48 Posts: 87Member ✭✭
edited November 2011 in Vaping General Discussion
I will be receiving some made in usa fresh made juice and need to know the best method for steeping or aging them.  I want to try them asap, but don't want them to taste bad. :-D

Comments

• Rule62Rule62 Posts: 3,237V2 Veteran
    Some U.S. made juices from small companies are made shortly before shipping. Here's a short cut way:
    Boil a small pan of water. Just enough to cover up to the liquid level of the juice in the bottle. After the water has boiled, loosen the cap, or remove it, on the juice bottle. Stand the bottle up in the water. Let it sit in the water until the water reaches room temperature, about an hour. The juice should be ready to use.
  • shelly48shelly48 Posts: 87Member ✭✭
    Awesome, thanks! @Rule 62, you have been a great source of info. Thanks so much.  I am "combustable" free for 3 weeks today and don't even want one, but couldn't have done it without the awesome folks here on the forum! [-X
    This darn thing keeps double posting and putting the wrong little smiley guys in.  It's suppposed to be :)>-
  • EarthpigEarthpig Posts: 4,754V2 Veteran
    Most juices don't need steeping. 
  • Cay10Cay10 Posts: 402Member
    thats the only part i really dont understand. how do you know if it does or doesnt need steeping? can i try to steep it if i dont like the flavor to see if it helps or not?
    @Cay It will change the flavor. Not necessarily for the better. It's a matter of opinion. The main thing steeping does is evaporates the dilutants, especially alcohol, which is present in flavorings. I make my own juice, and I don't always steep. I'm too impatient. I try to make batches far enough ahead that the juice sits around for a few days before I use it. Occasionally I'll use the shortcut method I posted above.
  • Ka0sKa0s Posts: 1,220Member
    Best way to steep is to simply uncap the bottle for 10 minutes, then recap and put in a cool dark place for a week to 2 weeks... Once you start vaping it the remainder in the bottle will continue to steep and usually the last bit is the most awesomest thing ever! :)
  • nytsnyts Posts: 160Member
    Does anyone like these juices "as is" when they arrive? I'm supposed to get some juice today, and patience is one of the many virtues I lack.
    Nyts.. They are OK when they first arrive or you get a fresh mix.. Just not as powerful of a flavor or the flavor could be a bit "off" at first.. I tend to get irish cream flavor and when I first get it is very very light.. By the end of a week it is dark brown.. At first the flavor seems not as strong.. After a while though the flavor is very strong and so much more yummy to me.. LOL
    Thanks @Ka0s! I'll try it both ways and see how it goes.
    They get stronger because of the evaporating alcohol and/or water. Thus essentially increasing the precentageof of flavoring in the juice. Some juices I like better after they've steeped. Some I actually like less.
    You are welcome Nyts.. I try the easiest ways to do things.. The simpler it is the less potential to mess it up.. LOL
    Oh...my...Lord.... I just tried all three of the juices that arrived about 15 minutes ago, and I think I've died and gone to heaven. I have never tasted anything so good in my life!!!! V2...you definitely need to add in some of the "dessert" vapes.
    @nyts so.... did you steep or not my "dessert vapes" are due in tomorrow and patience is a virtue I lack as well!!!
    Shelly.. It's ok.. If you get a bottle to try you can vape right away and by the time you get down to the bottom it should be pretty well steeped.. If you like it, next time get a BIG bottle and about half will be well steeped by the time you get to it.. :) 
    @shelly48 I didn't steep at all. The box was delivered, I opened it up and filled a cart with each flavor and started vaping. I will tell you this, I have no need to ever visit The Cheesecake Factory again! This has all the taste and none of the calories...laffin'.
    Nyts.. I have some "fuzz buster" and birthday cake that are awesome! BTW.. Fuzz Buster is like peanut butter cookies almost.. :) 
    @Ka0s those sound good, but I'm a cheesecake addict. Given a choice, I'm going to go with the cheesecake every time!
    I am waiting on double chocolate, sugar cookie, caramel cappacinno, and vanilla cream.  I wonder if any of my "little bottles" will last me more than a week!
    nyts.. I hear ya.. But you have not had to choose between cheesecake and me before.. ROFL!  :P
    laffin'...true.
    OMG I just got 6 new juices today.  Every single one was AWESOME!!  Didn't need to steep, thanks everyone for all the help and advice.  I will definitely be ordering more juice.  I couldn't have done it without the help from everyone here. The people on this forum rock.  Now I'm off to vape my brains out! Have an awesome weekend everyone ^:)^