18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

A new Journey... A smoke free life

angelstrukangelstruk Posts: 9Member
edited November 2011 in Vaping General Discussion
Hi there everyone:

So I started my V2Cig two hours ago and so far so good. I am brand new to the whole e-cig world, so i am slowly trying to learn the tricks of the trade in it all. I'm not sure about something though, and would love your opinion on this.

Has anyone ever used other smoking cessations along with the v2cig? can you incorporate another smoking cessation? I wanted to purchase the nicotine patch and do the e-cigarette at the same time. My nicotine strength is full (which is 18mg's of nicotine I believe) and was thinking on getting maybe Nicoderm Step 3 (low dose of 7mg)??? 

What do you guys think?

RJ

Comments

• Welcome angelstruk... and glad you like it so far....

IMO I would not do two sources of nic.... but others will chime in, I am sure

• angelstrukangelstruk Posts: 9Member
    I kind of figured as much, just thought I'd ask. Thank you so much for the reply. Going to see other people's views as well on this  ^:)^
  • mimimimi Posts: 1,998V2 Veteran
    edited November 2011
    @Earthpig-need some help here. We need your expertise when it comes to putting on a nic patch/chewing nic gum/whatever while vaping. 
  • shelly48shelly48 Posts: 87Member ✭✭
    For what it is worth, I tried the patch, gum, etc. I have quit many times and always started up again.  Sometimes for up to  a year.  However, with my ecig I can finaly say I don't want a regular cigarette anymore.  I know I have finally won.  With that said, it took me awhile smoking both at first til I got used to the new form of nicotine and felt ready.  Then I just took the plunge.  Day 1-3 were rough, Day 4 I was going nuts. I used my ecig like a passifier, vaped my brains out. Good idea to have some low or no nic cartridges for such times. However, somehow, after that I had nicotine cravings and would take a few deep hits on my ecig, but I knew I didn't want a cig. anymore.  It was weird.  I just pray it stays this way!  Good luck, don't beat yourself up, we all have to find our own way, but know you can do it!
    Hi there Shelly:

You seem to be doing amazing, keep it up... Thank you for your comment. You're right, the other NRT's have some short term effects. I was on the patch and I lasted 1 year; but again, something so little drove me back into smoking. 

So what i will do is that I will use the ecig only, then IF NEED BE and I still find it tough, I will see if I can handle an NRT with it. I'm Canadian and trying to buy these cartridges are expensive (well, shipping is DAMN expensive lol :-q), but I will do whatever it takes to keep the quit.....

RJ
  • shelly48shelly48 Posts: 87Member ✭✭

If cost is an issue please check into the threads on refilling carts. Many places sell juice and with a little research here it is really quite easy and much less expensive not to mention the many flavors make it sooo much more interesting and fun than regular cigs.  You will find the people here very knowledgeable and so willing to help I couldn't have done it otherwise!  I actually didn't post anything at first.  I spent my first week without regular cigs chain vaping and reading the forum.  Got goood information and Jackie, lulu, and others will keep you in stitches. 

Good Luck!

\:D/
  • mimimimi Posts: 1,998V2 Veteran
    @angelstruk-I did Zyban and got off of analogs... a couple of different times and sometimes even quit for a couple of years. Craved them the entire time I "quit". Since I started vaping I can't stand the thought of analogs. Don't even want to vape a smoke flavor. I have 12 and 18 mg cartos. 12s for mindless vaping and 18s are good for those times the 12s just don't hack it. The only thing I can think of for my success is that I still have the hand to mouth motion and fulfilling my nic craving. Will try in another couple of months to cut my nic levels to 12 and 6 mgs. Wishing you the best.
    Hi there mimi:

Thank you very much for your words. 
  • happy_vapeyhappy_vapey Posts: 918Member
    I've only had prior success with combining the patch and the lozenge (research shows this is the best **fda** approved method)-- even though the manufacturers dont recommend it, i think they like us hooked.  But even that success only lasted two weeks.  I would have to be careful to not sleep with my patch on bc it itched like a mo fo and gave me nightmares (its known to happen)

Ecigs alone have been AOK for me.  IF youre going to patch it at the same time, start with step 3.. you'll be amazed that you probably wont need it at all.  But haviing them handy during a day of stress and slapping one on when you feel you cant handle it cant be a bad plan.  I've found bumping up nic levels to 24 (not offered through v2 helps A LOT for strong urges) 
    4 months **mostly** smoke free.  I can have an analog in a pinch (dead batt or left it at home or whatever) and not have an urge to go back when i have my v2 handy 
  • beijobeijo Posts: 95Member
    Angel, keep up the great work!! I smoked analogs for over 30 yrs. and I quit 6/16/2011. When I need the nicotine, I vape my 18 mgs. I am satisfied!! Sometimes I still want a real cig but I tell myself, it is the SAME DRUG!! 

Going through the motions of holding, puffing, and blowing "smoke" was what I knew I needed to help me stop.

Hang in there!!