WARNING: This product contains nicotine.
Nicotine is an addictive chemical.
18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

Daytona 500...

RayneManRayneMan Posts: 116Member
edited February 2012 in Entertainment and Humor
While I sat here and waited for the rain to end and the race to start I celebrated by vaping 1 cart for every 100 miles they would have raced...
Now, I guess I have to do it all over again tomorrow; postponed due to continued rain.  Daytona 500 on a Monday... yay...

Kidding about the 5 carts by the way. ;)

Best Answers

• Rule62Rule62 Posts: 3,237V2 Veteran
    Accepted Answer
    Yep. Noon tomorrow. I'm only an hour south of Daytona. We only got a few sprinkles here.
  • lakelandjimlakelandjim Posts: 250Member
    Accepted Answer
    I'm about 2-3 hours SW. Cloudy, cool, but no rain today.
  • Ck9Ck9 Posts: 653Member
    Accepted Answer
    How come that woman driver is in 29th position? I thought she won Yesterday.
    Accepted Answer
    No, she crashed yesterday.
  • hoosierhoosier Posts: 3,358V2 Veteran
    Accepted Answer

She had an automotive mishap.

• Ruger045Ruger045 Posts: 764Member
    Accepted Answer
    Maybe a little confusion here. The video above is from Thursdays qualifying races, she was already locked into the big race for today, now tomorrow. She also raced in the Nationwide series yesterday, which she was on the pole for. She got wrecked in it by her teammate in that race.
  • hoosierhoosier Posts: 3,358V2 Veteran
    Accepted Answer
    They can't qualify her backup car, so she got placed in back.
  • Ck9Ck9 Posts: 653Member
    Accepted Answer
    Got it. Thanks.
  • gunnsongunnson Posts: 44Member
    Accepted Answer
    Anyone else tired of the Danica thing. So many people worked hard to get there and gave up so much. She is using her gender. Shirley never did and was the first lady of racing. Danica is a shame to her gender using her sexuality to claim fame in an otherwise so so career. She should leave her breasticles out of it and shut up and race. Shirley rocked without such garbage and Danica well....yet to be seen.
    Accepted Answer
    No more tired than I am of Dale Jr. There's no comparison between him and his dad.
    Accepted Answer

His dad was the best racer that ever lived to me.

Accepted Answer
    @Rule62 I'm with you on that one. I want to say I understand it, but then I can't understand it. I think Jr. is a nice guy, probably fun as hell to hang out with and have a beer. But a Driver? Never has been, never will be. If he has a car that spot on perfect, then he might win. If car is not a top 5 car, he'll wreck it instead of getting what he can out of it. Anyone can drive a perfect car.
    I personally couldn't stand his dad. But after his death I learned to respect him and what he added to the sport. I was a Davey Allison fan back in the day. After his death I never really picked another driver to support, just picked the ones I hated. :)
    Accepted Answer
    I don't think any of the 2nd generation drivers have lived up to their namesakes.
  • JackieOJackieO Posts: 10,239Member ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hey RayneMan - looks like rain again today for the 500.
    Accepted Answer
    Yep - that would have been the best thing for the fans too - but maybe that is their second back-up and we will watch it in Prime Time.
    Accepted Answer
    @Rule62 While I understand your post you have to remember that Dale Sr. was 2nd generation. Dale Jr. is actually 3rd gen. There was a Ralph Earnhardt first. Richard Petty was actually a 2nd generation also and I'm sure there are more but those came to mind.
  • lakelandjimlakelandjim Posts: 250Member
    Accepted Answer
    It's been moved to 7pm Eastern. W00t!  :)
    Accepted Answer
    @Ruger045 You're right. Hadn't thought of those guys. I'm not too familiar with Ralph Earnhardt. I do recall Lee Petty.
    Accepted Answer
    @Rule62 Well actually they all are Ralph Dale Earnhardts. Dale and Dale jr have a first name of Ralph. Just FYI.
    Accepted Answer
    Oh and BTW, I'm not old enough to remember the oldest Ralph's racing days, I'm 47 but I do live here in the heart of NASCAR as I live close to both Mooresville (lots of race shops here) and Charlotte, NC
    Accepted Answer
    I didn't start paying much attention to NASCAR until the Earnhardt era. In the '60s and '70s I was more into SCCA, Can Am, Trans Am, F1, etc. I used to go to lots of those types of races, mostly in the North East. The Trans Am and Can Am were my favorites. I followed them closely.
    Accepted Answer
    Well, if nothing else, the 500 was interesting! Boring at times but wow some interesting incidents occurred. I love late models and mostly all things dirt. Midgets are a blast and I have several friends that race them. If you have never attended Chilli Bowl....it is worth the trip!
    Accepted Answer
    I used to go to Super D.I.R.T. Week every year in Syracuse, N.Y. The NYS Fairgrounds has a 1 mile dirt oval. The big block modifieds lap it at about 130 mph. Most hair raising racing I've ever seen.
  • suziesamanthasuziesamantha Posts: 2Member
    Accepted Answer
  • MomMom Posts: 2,577V2 Veteran
    Accepted Answer
    :))
  • JmanJman Posts: 3,050Member
    Accepted Answer
    I watch very little car racing, and realized last night when checking out Daytona, why I have hard time getting into it. I tuned in after the 'big fire' and watched about 5 or so laps (I think there were 46 to go). For first 15 seconds or so, I was ready to change channel, but then was noticing lots of nuances in the pack racing that seemed very skillful and incredibly interesting given the speed they were going. Then a lap car came on track and TV announcers were talking about that. I barely paid attention to it, until it appeared to cause about 4 cars to spin off the track and slow everything down to a crawl. 

I've heard people say that car races are only popular cause people want to see crashes. I think of it as the opposite. I want to see a race where there are no crashes, but great maneuvering. When the race is stopped or slowed down, it reminds me of why people who don't like baseball complain that they are doing yet another pitching change. Btw, I love MLB. 
  • PaksenarionPaksenarion Posts: 1,261Member
    Accepted Answer
    Unfortunately my racing runs more toward Crash to Pass. I find sitting and watching a car do hundreds of laps ZZZzzz, huh what? ZZZzzz
    Accepted Answer
    My gf, who isn't a race fan, wanted to watch the race last night, because she was excited about Danica, and wanted to see how she would do. My comment was along the lines of "I wouldn't expect too much." She asked why, and I mentioned that although she may be a decent driver, I didn't think she had the experience yet, at the NASCAR level. There's a chess game going on out there, with building on track friendships and alliances, helping other drivers, and looking to other drivers to help you. NASCAR races are won with strategy; not just who has the fastest car, and stays out of trouble.
    Accepted Answer
    Restrictor plates came about after Bobby Allison cut a tire at Talledega, and went airborne into the catch fence in 1987. The tires of the time weren't capable of handling the speeds of Daytona and Talladega.
    Accepted Answer
    Oh yea, I was watching that race, my boy Davey won it. But tire or not, no car would have stayed on the ground at speed when turned around. The air is going to go under and lift it, and it still does, its physics. The roof flaps they came up with helps with that problem now, so take the plates off and lets go back to RACING.
    Accepted Answer
    JMO, but one of the appeals of NASCAR is a direct result of restrictors. Bill France loved them. He wanted fender to fender racing, and that's what he got.
    Who wants top see one team blowing everybody away, week after week? In sports car racing, it was the death of the Can Am series. The McLaren team was so dominant, no one else was even close.
    Accepted Answer
    I understand that completely @Rule62 but in my old school mind you don't restrict gas flow to a motor to keep speeds down. How is that racing? If they got to keep speeds down, reduce the size of the engine. Instead of running the current 358ci engines make them 310 or 320, but don't restrict the engine. JMO :)
  • mrtmrt Posts: 5,021Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012 Accepted Answer

I am a member of The F.O.E. and didn't realize till today that the car/driver we sponsor came in #1.

Eagles Soar To Victory Lane At Daytona

Buescher collects first career win

Monday, February 27, 2012

Answers

• RayneManRayneMan Posts: 116Member
    After Thursday's wrecks and overheating issues she will not be alone at the back.
    I would say Dale Jarrett didn't let his dad Ned down too badly.   ;)
    I know... I was thinking when they postponed yesterday and I saw the rain forecast for today that they should just run it Monday night under the lights.
    Well Danica made it a lap and a half before trouble found her.  I kind of felt bad for her this week.  Trouble kept on finding her even though she was doing nothing wrong.  As they say in racing... on to the next race.
    You know what? The races at Daytona and at Talledega are the 4 worst races of the year. Remember when the fastest car use to win? Okay - you can ream me now, but I hate that pack racing.
    @JackieO Depends what you like, I guess. My favorites are the "plate" races. I dislike the short tracks.
    Just feel like it's only a matter of time before "the big one" takes the life of another great driver. Of course if Dale was in the car of tomorrow he probably would have walked away from that one. I know Rule, it's a preference, just scares the crap out of me.
    I am definetly with JakieO on this. Being a gearhead I want to see the cars compete, as well as, the drivers. I miss the old days. Still follow NASCAR but would rather be at the local track watching late models, midgets and stockers doing their thing! However, All things safety are the way to go. Never was happy Dale refused the Hans device.
    While I wasn't a Dale fan at the time I respected what he stood for. He was old school and he knew the roots of the sport and he fought to keep it that way. In todays cars would he have been killed in the same crash, probably not. But I almost bet if you could ask him if he wanted to be in a car like today, all bound up, can't move, can't see anything around you, or the car you drive now and maybe die in it? I bet he would have said get out of my way, let me in my car, and drop the flag. Just my 2 cents.
    Ruger045 He refused saftey equipment hated spec cars and did not want to be dictated to, so you are absolutely right on that.

Did I double click? Do not think so, but must have sorry! Touchy button.

edited February 2012
    Oh yeah, I agree Dale would have fought all the innovations that are there now and may have been enough of a voice to have stopped or delayed some of them. On the other hand there have been some crashes since these new innovations that were horrific and the drivers, for the most part, walk away. I remember when a "stock car" was a stock car, today I don't believe anything is "stock" (valve stems?) anymore - it was fun then & it's fun now - just glad that they are safer in a very dangerous sport. And the "plate" races seem to be the most dangerous with the "pack" driving.
    Well, I'm old school too and never been a fan of the "Restrictor Plate". How is restricting a motor, Racing? If the crew can build a car that is a safe as possible, leave it in the drivers hands whether to push it or not, if the car will stay on the track, use what you got. Push the people in the grandstands back where they can't get hurt and go RACING, not restricted racing. I guess I'm too old school too, a dieing breed. :)
    In agreement there.