WARNING: This product contains nicotine.
Nicotine is an addictive chemical.
18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

Second Hand Headaches

letzgostateletzgostate Posts: 345Member
edited February 2012 in Entertainment and Humor
My fiancée seems to get headaches when I vape around her (2nd hand nicotine withdrawal?). Has anyone else had non-vapers/non-smokers express headaches when vaping around them?

I'm not going to be around for awhile to respond but any feedback is appreciated.

Best Answer

Answers

• letzgostateletzgostate Posts: 345Member
    Class starting in 8 mins :)
  • emelesteemeleste Posts: 5,132V2 Veteran ✭✭
    No one has mentioned getting headaches from being around me when I'm vaping.  My one son isn't very fond of the smell from one of my menthols...guess it's a bit strong for him.  But mostly no one seems bothered.  Only time my son is not happy about my menthol vapor is when I blow it right in his face (hey...it was an accident!!).  
  • letzgostateletzgostate Posts: 345Member
    edited February 2012
    Maybe a person can still be allergic even if not directly vaping?
  • JmanJman Posts: 3,050Member
    Sounds like allergy and/or sensitivity.

If we're honest, there is a little discharge of vapor in room we are in (stuck in the air), but soo very little that I'm yet to have non-smoking friends / family make an issue, and they would if it were even more than a little bit. 
  • new2v2new2v2 Posts: 106Member

If I leave my office where I do most of my vaping, I can smell certain flavors when I come back in a few minutes later.

The "dessert" and "fruit" juices seem to have the most lingering odors. Nothing unpleasant, and I have noticed that both of my cats, who had the occasional coughing spells, have quit coughing since I got off the analogs.

One of them hates the smell of exhaled vapour and will leave if I'm vaping. The other couldn't care less.

• kt5280kt5280 Posts: 214Member
    My dogs try to eat the exhaled vapor. LOL. They lick and lick the air with their little noses a twitching! It is hilarious.
  • KatFreqKatFreq Posts: 496Member
    =)) :o3
  • kt5280kt5280 Posts: 214Member
    Yup, @KatFreq - that is pretty much the picture - me laughing my butt off and blowing yummy air at them. Maybe I could get a liver treat juice and send them over the edge?! BLECH.
  • daytripperdaytripper Posts: 392Member
    My bride has asthma and just recently started coughing when I get to vaping in the house. I've been vaping for almost 7 months and her discomfort just started as the cold and humid weather has come about, along with the cold and allergy season. I've since greatly reduced vaping in the house and may consider going back to the old smoking rule.....not in the house or car. At least for the cold weather months anyway and I'll test again when the weather changes.

Just a note for cat owners, propylene glycol was banned from use in canned cat food many years ago because it caused liver and kidney problems. For some reason, cats seem to have some issues with PG being ingested. One might consider not vaping real "heavy" in the same area your cats hang out or at least have some ventilation going.
  • MementoMemento Posts: 17Member
    @daytripper good to know, I have 5 cats.
  • KatFreqKatFreq Posts: 496Member
    Mucho catz here too. TY @daytripper .

Thanks, Daytripper, I asked my vet about this, as I was aware of risks of ingestion of PG in cats and the bans on it in cat foods/treats.

She said no studies have been done on inhalation. My cats do not hang around when I vape. One bails as soon as he SEES an e-cig.

The other will walk into the room while I'm vaping, mrowl at me, and leave in a huff because I'm not paying attention to her at the moment.

Both cats had their annuals recently as seniors, had full blood panels run. All systems are "go". Both are in excellent health as regards kidney and liver function though the older of the two has some intestinal weirdness going on that pre-dates my taking up vaping.

• daytripperdaytripper Posts: 392Member
    Great feedback @new2v2! I also have two senior cats that react about the same as yours.We are their servants, no doubt!  I've been closely monitoring their behavior and routines due to these concerns and I haven't noted anything unusual.......other than some extra sleeping that's part of the maturing process. Come to think of it, I believe I'm starting to follow suit on that practice...LOL!

@daytripper, I have noticed that now that my clothing and office do not stink of smoke, I get a LOT more lap-time with my fuzzy buddies, a benefit to vaping that I hadn't considered.

Of course, one of the beasties weighs nearly 18llbs and sort of overflows my lap, and the other, though only 7lbs, tends to climb me like a tree, but...

• samanthasamantha Posts: 3,511Administrator, Moderator admin
    Def good to note on the PG and cats tip. Thanks daytripper.