18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

Good start ... but what next?

EwuniaEwunia Posts: 49Member
edited March 2012 in Member Stories
Dear V2 Vapers,

I've been a vaper since mid December 2011, and a lurker on this forum for as long. I don't want to repeat my story (almost 50 years of smoking, almost a pack a day, love V2's, love the forum etc etc), because you've heard it all before. I would like to know what is the current record for staying off analogs, so I'm calling all veteran vapers to tell us their story. I'm interested to know whether the usage (no of cartridges per day) and the preferred strength changes over time, and anything else you came across which may be interesting to vaping community.

Thank you ... and keep vaping

Comments

• brianyamagatabrianyamagata Posts: 62Member
    Well I'm no veteran by any means; quit analogs on January 25th, 2012. However, in regards to the "current record for staying off analogs," I'd like to say that I feel that it's a decision one would have to make in order to revert BACK to analogs. I was smoking a pack a day for about 10 years. Since I switched, I'll admit that I've had a few urges to buy a pack o' smokes, but it was a conscious decision not to do so. I never NEED an analog; the cravings I get are due to my old habits that I associate with analogs: working on my car, doing yard work, finished a project, etc etc. 

Yet, not even 2 months in and I already feel my e-cig replacing the cravings I had for analogs as a means to reward myself. After I finish a project, I look for my battery!

Just my 2cents :D
  • EarthpigEarthpig Posts: 4,754V2 Veteran
    Staying off can be given by a %, but the real method is in having a knowledge base of these things, and obtaining a satisfaction level in what you are inhaling. Also keeping adequate stock on hand of what is necessary, since you just can't run down to the 7-11 to get your particular brand.
    Also to not get so cocky as to think you can just start cutting down the nicotine level without causing yourself some issues. In time, many can do so, but this is NOT a race. Those who do this will run into a time of stress/etc, and WHAMO, they don't have enough nic to get through it.

Failure rates are most attributed to lack of knowledge,
  • VaperManVaperMan Posts: 238Member
    edited March 2012

Kinda with brianyamagata on this one. V2 arrived Jan 6, 2012. Haven't had a NEED either for an analog. If I start getting curious about what it would be like to have a smoke, I remind myself of all the things I hated about that lifestyle, and that pretty well cures the itch. The big test for me came on Sunday, after I had spent 2 full days doing taxes-uughhh. If ever there was a time I would smoke, it would be after an ordeal like that! Happy to say I vaped my way through it and was back to normal Mon morning.

Started w/ 18mg, still mostly vape that, but also vaping more and more of the 12mg and some 8mg; they're all about the same to me. Happy at whatever level it seems.  

• lulu836lulu836 Posts: 762V2 Veteran ✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Quit analogs 4/20/11with my first V2 ecig.  Smoked 53 years.  1.5 ppd.  Threw an entire carton of analogs in the garbage on 4/21/11.  Plenty of stress; no analogs.  Started @ 12mg, dropped to 10mg,  now mixing my own juice @ 6mg.
  • emelesteemeleste Posts: 5,293V2 Veteran ✭✭
    I'm not really a long time "veteran"....Quit cigarettes Sept. of 2011 so I'm on my 6th month smoke free and on the e-cigs exclusively.  As I have been from my first vape, really. I smoked for 43 years.  For the first couple of months I did have an occasional thought about the 7 full packs of cigarettes I'd put in my freezer. But pretty much whenever such a though toddled through my head...I'd dismiss it.  I just didn't feel like I "needed" a cigarette anymore.

I started with 18mg. and vaped around 4 to 5 cartos a day.  Later I stepped down to 12 mg. ...same amount of cartos mostly.  After a couple of months at that level I started easing down to the 6mg. level...but not exclusively.  I usually went for 6mg (and still do)  mostly at night and at bedtime.  Now I make a blend with a couple of my favorite menthols and make a nic strength of around 9 or 10 mg.  I'm still vaping around 4 to 5 cartos a day...even at the lower strength.  For whatever that is worth.  I smoked over 2 packs a day...so for me the 4 or 5 (okay..sometimes 6 if it's a "party" night) is about the equivalent of what I smoked before.

I was a chain smoker, so yes...I vape a LOT.  
  • AbsintheurAbsintheur Posts: 6,429V2 Veteran ✭✭
    As some other here will tell you I taking vaping to the extreme...lol. I doubt I will ever see the mythical break even point where I start saving money over analogs. But I went from over 2 packs of full flavor menthols to zero analogs in just a few days and can't see myself going back as long a vaping is legal.
  • VaperManVaperMan Posts: 238Member
    @Absintheur That's great, I say keep doing what you're doing because it's obviously working. I hear you about the mythical breakeven point. I did a spreadsheet thing a week ago, May 15 was my b/e date; then ordered some juice last night that I really didn't want to run out of. May 15 gone, June?, July? Whatever, I don't care given that I'm staying off the analogs.
  • PuppyPowerPuppyPower Posts: 141Member
    I smoked half to 1 pack a day for around 20 years. Smoked Virginia Slims ultra light menthol. I will be 1 year analog free on April 1st. I started at 6mg and still vape 6mg. I go thru probably a few carts worth a day but I keep topping off with juice so I'm really not sure of exact numbers. No change in the amount I vape since I started and no plans or desire to decrease the mgs or the amount I vape. Vaping has completely satisfied my habit and my need for nicotine. To me that is all that matters!!! :) Just enjoy not smoking and don't worry about the rest!!
    Break even is dependent on so many things and basics are quite easy.
    If you spend $100,oo in equipment, divided by the amount you pay for cigs, you are there from a equipment standpoint.
    If you spend more than $100.oo on equipment, you are becoming habitual on the equipment end, because it shouldn't cost any more, and is NOT necessary, so the spend habit needs looked at.

1 pk a day X $6.oo ea = 1.5+ months.
    2 pk a day X $6.oo ea = .75+ months.

Now add in either juice and carto's OR prefilleds 

So in 2 months max, you are down to nothing more than carto's/juice, until a battery dies or a charger gives up. which is generally a solid year. IF the battery dies or charger craps, V2 has a exchange policy, but V2 is one of the more expensive vendors...and that is partially why.

So I'm vaping vs smoking at $.50c vs $6.oo a pack.(disclaimer...I fill my own)

Now how is that not an unexpected bargain???
  • Ruger045Ruger045 Posts: 764Member
    Damn @Earthpig I need you teaching in my "Intervention" thread class. :-B
    People overspend
    I get it and I have some $600 in supplies, just in equipment, but I was selling em, so it's leftover stock.
    That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it...especially when the wife goes "What's in all them boxes?"

(me) "My name is Earthpig...and I am a...Vapaholic!"
    (intervention group) "Welcome Earthpig!"
  • RoadRunnerRoadRunner Posts: 688Member

(Me) Welcome @Earthpig. My name is RoadRunner and I am a vapaholic...Now to heck with the intervention, let's talk about that "left-over" stock...

>:)
  • JTHOLDMJTHOLDM Posts: 8,899Member
    =))
    RR
    We're sending the interventionists to your house now.
    You fell of da wagon.