18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

V2 and Me, 3 days later.

blkhwk07blkhwk07 Posts: 87Member
edited March 2012 in Member Stories
First let me say I'm not affiliated with V2 in any way, or do I get payed by them. This is an update to my first post called "First Post". Ok, a little background.I smoked some from about age 9-13, from then on I smoked regularly for the last 35 years. Varying from 1/2 pack a day at the beginning to 2 packs then to 1 pack a day the last couple years. My wife which is also quitting,has always smoked about 1 pack a day for about 35 years. She has tried a couple things to quit,without success. Myself,Ive tried everything you could think of without success.But we would always say we need to quit.The last time I heard my wife say it was when our first grandson was born.She said,I'm going to quit before he's born so I'm not the grandma that smells like cigarettes.When that day came and passed without success, I could see the pain in her eyes,then the same thing at his first birthday party.Yesterday she said this year at his second birthday party I WON'T BE THE GRANDMA THAT SMELLS LIKE SMOKE! Because I have V2,then she thru her cigarettes in the trash. What got me thinking about electronic cigarettes,was a person that works with me that smoked 3-4 packs a day.When i seen him he wasn't outside smoking,so when I asked he said he was down to 3-5 cigarettes a day and was hoping he could quit altogether except for e-cigs. So I did some research looking for a product that was reliable,so my wife and myself had the best chance of success.Being a Journeyman electrician,and someone that has always worked with tools. I knew I wanted and needed something that works when I want it and need it.But as with tools that does not mean the cheapest will always get the job done. My wife and myself have heard that ecigs don't work,but when asked why it was always equipment failure,or poor performance,or no good taste.I'm not saying that the other ecig makers are not good,I have no experience with them. So far the three days I've had the V2 it has not let me down when I need it or want it.and the flavors they have are mostly good,but everyone has different taste.V2 is not the cheapest,but to me what is the price for better health for my wife and myself.I haven't smoked for three days (and it hasn't been that hard). I also haven't had a sore throat, which was a concern. Listened to many hear and drank a lot of water. I got a real shock last night when I went outside and could not only smell that a neighbor had there fireplace going,but I could smell the type of wood they where burning.I haven't been able to smell like that for a long time.The wife and I are looking forward to spring to smell the flowers.The bad is our vehicles smell disgusting! So in closing I would like to thank V2 and everyone here for your support in making the impossible, possible.And for anyone that is reading this and would like to try, IT WORKS! Don't count it out if you had a bad ecig,find a good brand be it V2 or another. You won't believe how good you'll feel in a short time.Don't go cheap on you health!

Comments

• mrtmrt Posts: 5,021Member ✭✭✭
    Nice post blkhwk07.  Congrats to you & the wife.
  • DennisRichardsDennisRichards Posts: 2,361V2 Veteran ✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Same blkhwk, very nice, I still can't get over how much I enjoy vaping compared to the I feel disgusting, I'm a piece of crap, I wanna quit so bad but I need that cig feeling that I had before..... For the first 8 months I wanted it to taste like a cig..... Now I'm getting into flavors and loving my V2 even more now. It only gets better as time moves on....... Congrats to u and your wife, hope to see u around more often..... Good luck.
  • blkhwk07blkhwk07 Posts: 87Member
    Thanks,mrt and DR. Trying to tell everyone I know that smokes but wants to quit that it can be done.I think the success of most is you keep the hand to mouth habit and nic intake. Someone asked if I would have to do this for a life time. I said I think I would like to because of different tasting juice,plus it's not as bad as that gum your chewing.
  • JTHOLDMJTHOLDM Posts: 8,899Member
    GREAT POST BLKHAWK WOW
  • devanttriodevanttrio Posts: 1,689Member
    Congrats to you and your wife. I do agree on you get what you pay for. It is nice giving up cigarettes but not feeling fidgety or irritable while doing it. Great job on 3 days!! 
  • DennisRichardsDennisRichards Posts: 2,361V2 Veteran ✭✭
    Maybe my views will change as I get older.... But how I feel right now... I don't ever wanna quit vaping? Why? I love the flavors, I love the taste, I finally have control over my addiction, why would I want to stop that?
    I have no intentions of stopping my goal is to eventually reduce the nic levels. But for now I love vaping, the health benefits alone are amazing and blkhawk you are correct cheaper isnt always better
    All of you are correct about the different taste of juices, even more now that the wife and I are finally starting to taste anything. It's really exciting and no fear or anxiety. Our son and daughter are so happy for us (a lot of it is we don't stink like analogs). Threw my last packs of smokes away! I'm done with the cancer sticks,and ready to try every flavor I can find! 
  • kiakia Posts: 178Member
    Congratulations to you and your wife blkhwk07.  The first few days are always hardest.  Welcome to a new lease for the future!
    Thanks,JT & kia, I would say yesterday  the third day was a little hard but not unbearable. But we both feel great today! Looking forward to a week,month,year,and on.
    Thank you also dev!
    Devan rocks and BLKHWK that will be posted on Monday
  • JmanJman Posts: 3,050Member
    I enjoyed reading you story blkhwk07. The amount of relief for you and your wife is oozing from that post. Thanks for sharing. 
    Thanks Jman, to break that shackle of analogs without feeling like your going to loose your mind is something we never imagined possible.
    Sounds good JT.
    Grt
  • emelesteemeleste Posts: 5,293V2 Veteran ✭✭
    @blkhawk07  That was a great post.  Very heartfelt!  I remember visiting my doctor months ago, shortly after starting e-cigs and discovering that I would be able to quit cigarettes after all..after over 40 years...and proudly declaring to him that I'd quit smoking.  He smiled and told me how wonderful that was, and for how long had I quit?  I grinned confidently and said "Eleven DAYS!".  lol!!  Yeah...I know what he was thinking.  He didn't believe I'd stick with it.  I told him I was using e-cigs and he was pleased about that.  Said he had heard they have helped lots of people.  But I knew he was thinking "Sure, honey...you say you've quit, but it's only been 11 days!"  Flash forward 6 months....and I still haven't picked up a cigarette.  Not even once.  So next time I see my buddy the doc...I can really crow! lol!  And I'll be a first time grandmother in September.  The little one will never know his or her grandmother was a smoker.  Except maybe in family stories.  For him or her...it will be "ancient history"....Grandma doesn't smell like smoke!  She never has!  

Congratulations!  Even if you do have a little relapse here and there...you are on your way, as is your wife.  You can do this!!  Good job!  
    @emeleste Thanks, congrads on being grandma.My wife enjoys it and I also being a grandpa.Currently have no desire to even smell a analog (hope it stays that way).I guess I was the worst smoker, I didn't like the taste or smell but I couldn't stop......For 35 years!
    That is amazing blkhawk We are all so happy for u and your wife.
  • superflyginsuperflygin Posts: 350Member
    @blkhwk07 congrats to you and your wife!!!  It is a wonderful feeling.  I didn't start vaping with the intention of giving up smoking completely, but since I started, I really don't want cigs anymore.  I do have one on occasion, but it's not as enjoyable as vaping.  So, for someone who didn't really want to quit altogether in the first place, I think that's pretty fantastic.

You will be able to enjoy your grandkids so much more, and for so much longer.  :)
    spot on fly
    @superflygin Thanks, that is great to cut back that much without trying. Feel good about the ones you didn't have not bad about the ones you did. Is what I told my wife. I don't want her to feel any pressure.
    No pressure only adds resentment I learned that the hard way
  • DaddyCatDaddyCat Posts: 6,786Member ✭✭✭✭
    congrats from me also blkhwk07, I was like you and many others, I was resigned to the fact I would smoke untill I died. I NEVER thought I would be able to quit smoking but with v2 it happened. About 6 weeks now with vaping, I guess I can toss the 2 packs of cigs I've kept in the freezer into the trash! <:-P
    Yes I agree DC. I am 6 months analog free today.
    Thanks DC,a lot of people I know say 3 days so what I could struggle thru that. But that is the point, to me the three days I've had hasn't been a struggle. Yes a couple times it crossed my mind  to smoke an analog but nothing unbearable. And this time I can actually see my wife and myself being SMOKE FREE! (yes I think you can get rid of the security blanket in the freezer)LOL!
  • DewManDewMan Posts: 1,208Member
    edited March 2012
    @blkhwk07 I'm with you. I'll be 3 weeks tomorrow and just haven't missed the logs at all. :-bd
    wow great dew man 
    @DewMan congrads and good job,you know something weird. This is the first time I've ever enjoyed quitting!!!!
    OMG SPOT ON BLKHAWK
    You and me both blkhwk07 :)
    YAYYYYY FOR DEW AND BLKHAWK :)>-
    Thanks JT And congrats on being log free for 6 full months. :)>-
    JT how does it feel after 6 months? It hasn't even been a week for me and I feel great.
    I feel like reborn. I cant explain it.
  • MomMom Posts: 2,577V2 Veteran
    Congrats @blkhwk07 and welcome to the family! :)
    @Mom Thank you.
    @JTHOLDM you weren't kidding reborn, even you picture changed! LOL!!!
    :))
    roflmao =))
  • becca58becca58 Posts: 49Member
    blkhwk07, that is just wonderful! Such a great post and I wish you and your wife the best, This is such a great product. 
    Yes it was Becca. I really enjoyed it
    @becca58, Thank you.
    Blkhawk saw an Awesome Movie Valor Of Honor 
    JT, yes it looks good might go this weekend
    Omg it was Great  I mean you feel like you are right there 
  • depepsidepepsi Posts: 141Member
    Judging by the date of your post, March 11, when you'd been 3 days on V2 that puts you and your wife starting on March 8, the same day I started. Boy, I could read the joy and relief in your post about being free of analogs. I wish you much success...and think...it will be your, your wife's and my 4 week anniversary tomorrow. I hope to share many many anniversaries with the two of you in the future. Here's to the new us!
    Congrats to you @depepsi yes it was actually 7:00 P.M. March 7 that I took my first vape on a V2,and haven't had a analog since. Reminds me of our daughter when she was happy (and younger),she would do a dance and sing a song...so.....PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME.....PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!! 

@blkhwk07  I still have my 2 packs of cig in the freezer but I have no desire to smoke them *shudders at the thought* I hope the nearly 4 weeks has been good for you and the wifey.

nice bump @depepsi

\m/
    Thanks @DaddyCat,both of us doing GREAT!!!! Hope those packs turn to ice cubes.Lol!

"PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME...........PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME"

Priceless!     :D