WARNING: This product contains nicotine.
Nicotine is an addictive chemical.
18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

PG vs VG .... Pros & Cons (side effects)

KillConfirmedKillConfirmed Posts: 622Member
what r everyones problems with VG or PG? is one preffered to the other? what side effects hav u guys experienced?  my PG con is it dries me up.

Answers

• KillConfirmedKillConfirmed Posts: 622Member
    i wondered if VG will dry me up as much as PG, but i hear ppl say theyv had nasal issues from VG. 

• RoadRunnerRoadRunner Posts: 688Member
    I go back and forth.  I have 100% PG juices, 100% VG juices, some 50/50 and some other variations. Plus I mix flavors and different concentrations. Haven't gotten into the "hardcore" DIY yet but may very well at some point.
    That having been said, Yes PG will dry you out more than VG will. Drinking water and/or juices will not only help keep you hydrated but is good practice. Personally I have lived in the desert over half my life and with all the bad habits I ever picked up also picked up good ones such as staying hydrated.
    PG provides more throat hit and helps boost flavor, but also has less vapor production. VG on the other hand can mask the flavor somewhat and will have less throathit, but will produce more vapor. Also PG tends to be thinner than VG. If you're using V2 or similar cartomizers, stronger concentrations of VG may not wick as well but there are ways (distilled water or drinkable alcohol for example) to thin it down. This will also typically change nicotine/flavor levels somewhat unless compensated for.
    As far as reactions, reports that I have read both here and elsewhere estimate that maybe approximately 3% of people may have an allergic reaction to PG. I would imagine that it is possible that there are also some who may be sensitive to VG but have nothing to back that up.
    These are only my experiences as well as reading from some much more experienced than myself. I am only coming up on my 8th week of this journey but have done a fair amount of experimentation. I am still trying to find where exactly my preferences are but lean more towards higher PG concentrations as I like the flavor and throathit.
    Hope this help...
  • JTHOLDMJTHOLDM Posts: 8,899Member
    SPOT ON RR BEEP BEEP Wow what a wealth of nformation
    Thanks JT. I do like experimenting. It's another layer of added interest. Like most of us I didn't change brands often, and usually only because of economics when I did. 2 months ago I would have never considered a "candy flavor" cigarette. Didn't even like Menthol. Now I like to experiment.
    I so agree I love mixing and trying different  things.
  • tennisdudetennisdude Posts: 24Member
    PG makes me sneeze a lot, I also have throat problems with it. VG has been pretty good for me so far, I notice that you tend to get MORE VAPOR with VG. I do mix and match as well...I have a lot of PG liquid that I'm cutting with VG. Still trying to find the perfect hit.
  • emelesteemeleste Posts: 5,132V2 Veteran ✭✭
    edited March 2012
    I prefer PG really.  Yes, there is the dehydration factor, but drinking plenty of fluids and keeping some Burt's Bees chapstick around helps.  I like the flavor and the throat hit much better with PG...and I get plenty of vapor.  I'm vaping a menthol blend right now that is all PG and am getting so much vapor that when I exhale I can't see my laptop screen for a minute.  Who needs more?  Not me.  I also like that the PG is a bit thinner.  I practically never have to think about cleaning my cartos or CE2s or dual coils or whatever.  And it's easy to get the regular cartos and the Kangers saturated with the thinner juice.  Don't have to sit around a long time trying to get things soaked in good.  Just my opinion.

I haven't vaped a lot of VG, but V2 menthol has a percentage of VG in it, and I have gotten another menthol that was 50/50 (didn't like it).  I think I've more sinus problems when I vape something with VG in it.  It seems that way anyway, although I have no scientific data to back up my claim.  I just know when I vape all PG...I have fewer sinus drainage issues, and when I vape a mix with VG, the sinus thing kicks up a few notches and I have more trouble.  YMMV.
    For some reason @emeleste I was thinking I heard you were a VG person. Maybe it was @mom. I have a 901 atty that I drip with for some of my thicker stuff. And I will probably look at some tanks at some point. But I personally like the stronger throathit and also get plenty of vapor.
    Just ordered some juice that I had sampled at 50/50. It's a little thick for the carts and I have since placed an order with the same place but adjusted it to 75/25.

Ilike 75/30 or 70/30
  • jnestejneste Posts: 2,541V2 Veteran
    105%? cool JT can I get some of that?
    :))
    Yes of course what would you like your wish is my command my conciliatory 
    I was making fun of your 75/30 pg/vg mix percentage. :)
    I was wondering about that myself...

~:>
    imageimage
    JN why lol I love my balance what do you use
    OOPSIE ROFLMAO JN DAMMM IM A MESS 75/30 =))
    i figured you would eventually catch on!
    =))
    U know ho slow I am I am in  tears omg Saharah is looking at em like I am insane like RR
  • DaddyCatDaddyCat Posts: 6,786Member ✭✭
    I like the big flavor I get with 100% pg and only recently bought some 75/25 pg/vg juice, the 75/25 has a more subtle flavor but ALOT more vapor. I drink lots of fluids thanks to v2's forum so neither mix causes me problems (other than spending too much money trying new juices).  I haven't decided which I like better, more flavor or more vapor. :-?
    LOL I stay with 70/30 pr 80/20 I have not found a 75/25 but it sounds great
    so other than hydration... has anyone else had side effects of either pg or vg??

• GooseGoose Posts: 1,765Member ✭✭
    the lowest ratio I have vaped is 80/20 PG/VG.  No side effects.
    I have tried as well Goose and I concur
    @KillConfirmed, I have seen others complain of unpleasant symptoms, hives, bloody gums, cold like symptoms, pimples.... maybe they will post later.
    I saw a thread earlier about symptoms
    Not to change the subject here, but has anyone tried the USPS tracking? i haven't been able to get it to work all day.
  • devanttriodevanttrio Posts: 1,689Member
    @jneste I have had problems with USPS tracking for a few days now. 
    Its funny you mention that JN I tried today and no good
  • lakelandjimlakelandjim Posts: 250Member
    From the fake News desk: "In a cost cutting move the USPS has moved their entire package tracking operation to Opa Locka, Florida."
    =))
    Thak you, I know it's not just me then....damn Opa Locka!
    edited March 2012

• lakelandjimlakelandjim Posts: 250Member
    =))
    I haven't been able to track anything through USPS lately. Always get "can't find that number" response or just never comes back with a response.
    Sounds like Opa Locka to me... but it's probably just USPS in general... It's a wonder anything makes it through the way they've been going lately.
  • DennisRichardsDennisRichards Posts: 2,361V2 Veteran ✭✭
    I usually get a message saying its been shipped and at local processing facility. Then I get nothing, till I get my package, then I check back later at night it says it's been delivered. I guess u can call that tracking? I'm just proud of them that they even got it to me. As long as I get it I'm good.
  • SADIE50SADIE50 Posts: 111Member ✭✭

Which one is in the the prefilled cart?....im having terrible sinus issues...

If you're talking about V2s prefilled, I believe its PG mostly, if not all. 
    Most of them are, with V2. There are one or two I believe with up to 35% VG (listed in their ingredient list as glycerin)

Here's their list
    http://www.v2.com/templates/__custom/v2_ingredients_list830.pdf
    @sadie5o I remember you were having terrible cold like symptoms weeks ago. Have they been continuous or did you find any relief between now and then?
    Hi all
    im pretty sure v2 is all PG. im considering trying a 70vg/30pg blend. wanna see if anyone had side effects off the VG? like constipation or sinus problems?????

• DewManDewMan Posts: 1,208Member

or constipated sinus problems? :D

I'd be interested too. but I'm sure if I really wanted to know I could use my Google-Foo to find that info.

@Devanttrio. Thanks! You're awesome. :)
    edited March 2012
    In the URL it lists it as 'dangers' which make them all sound fatal. But some of the side effects..most of them actually are minor and not severe. (I don't mean to down play the effects by saying minor, I just mean not fatal..anyway,,, you know what I mean lol)
  • emelesteemeleste Posts: 5,132V2 Veteran ✭✭
    edited March 2012
    While this description is a bit more graphic than what I've experienced...at least I at last have some solid evidence that my reaction to VG actually is a possibility!  When I vape a PG/VG mix...I have a lot of sinus problems...irritation, dripping, coughing (because of the dripping) etc.  And..ahem...I'm paying my respects to the throne a great deal more.  I thought there MIGHT be some connection, since when I stop using juice with any VG in it I get better.  But since it's not something most vapers seem to know anything about, I got the feeling my concerns were being kind of dismissed.  Some people thought I was saying I actually vape ALL VG for some reason.  No way!!!  From the article @devanttrio posted I saw this

"According to D. R. Price in the book "Do You Have Kitchen Disease," vegetable glycerin can cause irritation to mucous membranes. Shirley Price and Len Price state in the book "Aromatherapy for Health Professionals" that vegetable glycerin irritates the mucous membranes of the genitourinary, respiratory and alimentary tracts, which may cause diarrhea, aches, irritation of the upper airway, wheezing, swelling of the tongue and gastroenteritis."

Well well well.  How 'bout that?  So maybe I wasn't crazy after all!! 

yes you are @emeleste. :D

You're just not a hypochodriac ;)

• DixieDixie Posts: 6,230V2 Veteran
    I wouldn't go that far @emeleste but you weren't imagining it lol :P