WARNING: This product contains nicotine.
Nicotine is an addictive chemical.
18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

S4F codes not working

JakeJake Posts: 43Member
edited April 2012 in Promotions and Discounts
I was just wandering if anyone else noticed that they disabled the s4f codes unitl after the 10% sale they have currently running

Comments

• JakeJake Posts: 43Member
    Which so far I have noticed that with every sale they have had they disable most of the coupon codes or cripple them to keep you from really saving any money off of their sales.
  • gotolamgotolam Posts: 525Member
    I don't think that's right.  I've always been able to stack my codes.  Not sure about the s4f thing, but you can def put in rainyday and it will work.
    sorry, i meant stack my code on top of sale.  I've never been able to stack multiple codes.

Where do you get rainy day codes

no, the code is "rainyday"
  • mario129mario129 Posts: 189Member
    Hmmm......I see, @Jake, that's why one of my friend told me that didn't work when using my S4F code to place and order today :(
    Yup @gotolam, I used rainyday code to place an order today and it worked, but my poor friend just didn't make it, cuz he just told that that my S4F code didn't work after placing his order, otherwise I will tell him to use rainyday!
  • sultanofswagsultanofswag Posts: 557Member
    edited April 2012
    Was your friend ordering a starter kit?  That's the only thing s4f codes are supposed to be good for.  We've never had an issue using the s4f codes stacked with a sale towards starter kit purchases.
    One other thing - we did have to contact CS to get our s4f code activated so others could use it.  One of my co-workers had used my code, but did not get a discount and went ahead and ordered anyway.  I contacted CS, they activated the code and gave my co-worker a credit equal to the discount he would have received.
    Yes, @Sultanofswag, he ordered a starter kit.
    Has your s4f code been successfully used before?  Regardless, I would contact CS about it.
  • back2frontback2front Posts: 79Member
    As a newbie I ordered a lot last night and none of the codes worked including S4F, I contacted CS and was told they would not honor any of these while the sale is going on. So let me get this right, if I waited 10 days I could get 15% off but because of the huge sale now I only got 10%. Is it just me but what kind of sale is that, at least should have made it 15% to equal the discount codes....... :-O
    Yup and a lot of times, a lot of my colleagues used it with no problems, as I said weeks ago, V2 is being known here in Macau since I started to use it! ........ Hehehehehehehe........it looks like being a V2 representative here in Asia (just kidding)......hahahaha...
    Well, that's just wrong.  We placed an order by phone in the last hour and used a code on top of the 10% sale with no problem.  I can go right now and put items in my cart and use the 'rainyday' code and see the 15% discount broken out separate from the 10% sale discount.  Might be time to contact CS!
    @sultanofswag , @back2front - i think we're talking about two different things.  The rainyday code will absolutely stack on top of the 10% discount.  I believe B2F is referring to the S4F referral codes; which apparently don't work.  Back2Front, i would call CS and see if they will give you the 15% "rainyday" code applied to your order.  Despite many claims, i think they're relatively reasonable.  Especially since you're new. 
    JEEEEEEEEZUS that's a lot of menthol.   LOL.
    @gotolam, back2front said ' none of the codes worked including S4F,'
    Me too, got 25% discount in the order I'd placed today, with rainyday code plus the original 10% discount
    O ....oops.  I still stand by my statement....That's A LOT of menthol carts! :)
    Just asking @sultan, have you tried before using more than one code in sales time?
    Wow, @sultan you need a big warehouse to stock your order, wow and wow....... :D
    Looks like you trying to start your own business!... :D
    @mario129, V2 only allows one code per order.

@gotolam, that should be enough menthol to tide my wife over to the Independence Day sale :)  Now, let me see what happens if I try an s4f code today.

Yup, you're right - neither of our s4f codes work.  I don't even get the message telling me it does not apply to any items in my cart (got that on the old site when trying to use a code in the wrong manner).
  • back2frontback2front Posts: 79Member
    @Sultanofswag I did contact CS and here is part of their reply, BTW I did try rainyday and when I clicked the apply button it did nothing:

Unfortunately we are unable to apply a discount to an order that has already been placed (nor can we honor it since there is already a sale on our website).
    We regret any inconvenience,
    v2 Support

Anyway looking forward to getting my stuff and getting off those sticks!
    Hmmm...maybe avoiding us to use S4F code + discount code + sale discount...... :-?
  • mrtmrt Posts: 5,021Member ✭✭✭
    back2front  sent you a PM.  Just spoke to CS, follow the PM ASAP.
  • janeajanea Posts: 977Member
    I would not write today.  They are all insanely stressed and whoever drew the short straw has to answer the email.  Call, and hold, and if you don't get the answer you DESERVE, get a supervisor on the phone.

We always purchase on sale days, we always stack codes.  
    Correct, they can't discount a processed order, but they can credit that person's account in an amount equal to the 15%.

I do have to tell you that we were quite pleasantly surprised at how easy V2 made it for us to quit analogs.  My wife wrote our story, you can read it here -
    http://blog.v2cigs.com/2012/03/v2-cigs-fan-of-the-week-janes-story/
  • TAP352TAP352 Posts: 953Member
    I just tried pricing out my order and it won't let me stack codes the chat people told me to call CS (I HATE TALKING ON THE PHONE, that's why I shop on the net) 

I haven't complained about the new v2 yet but I thought we were able to stack codes. I did with my very first order to v2.

Agreed @TAP352, that's why I always used live chat :)
    Agreed @TAP352, that's why I always used live chat :)

BTW I just quick scanned this thread before I made my rage post. I Can get the code rainyday to work but someone is trying to use my smoke 4 free code and it won't work for them. 

If I would have known this I wouldn't have had them wait for the sale, why dosen't v2 just come out and say  Yes you can use these codes or No You can't. Just be straight up with us.

All I want from v2 is to be able to give my friend my smoke 4 free code so I can get the $15 kickback I don't care about the 10% sale. When I started v2 on valentines day I was able to use my friends S4F code to buy my first kit and get the 20% off valentines discount on top. I'm doing v2 a favor by brining in another customer. I could tell this person to go somewhere else. Now I have to spend time calling them tomorrow when if these codes would have worked they would have had the cash already. 
    BTW I think the Code complaint is a very legit thing. Forget about the lack of new product other then some $80 charger case and $30 battery with one cart. 

They must have rubes lined up to walk down the midway ready to fork over their cash to the carnie (v2) when they are willing to screw over people who have ordered multiple times. 
    The chat people are directing everyone with codes to call in, such a pain in the ass. I doubt they will ever read in this forum again but they really screwed the pooch. 
    That's true @TAP352 the 10% sale worth nothing without S4F code on top !
    I think their strategy is, if you use rainyday code on top of 10% sale, is only less 25% they are going to earn, but if using your S4F code on top of 10% sale, what they are going to earn is less 25% and 15US for your credit!
    @mario129

Ok just finished chatting and the guy said they are having some problems with the new software and if we call in the morning they will manually apply the codes and discounts to our accounts. I told him that marni and andries (sorry I didn't spell it correct) should check in the forums  because there are some angry people and the chat person said they have looked at the forums and they are aware. They said calling will work and they are concerned about keeping customers. 

For now I am ok with that answer. I understand with new software they have to train the CS people how to use it. I don't mind calling as long as they work and he assured me they will. 

If they don't work you will probably see a huge rage post from me in about 12 hours lol 
    Hehehehe....... :D
    Hope everything will run smoothly and fine for you @TAP352.
    I understand why everyone got upset, cuz what they or we were expecting is totally different from the reality! Lol!
    But in my opinion just mine, let V2 goes smoothly, let them test better everything slowly before selling it, otherwise the complains will continue or maybe worse, for this or for that, cuz as a human being we never get satisfy enough with what we have in front of us, but not too slow of course, hehehehe...
  • Ck9Ck9 Posts: 653Member
    Am I right in understanding that you cannot order by chat, only by phone? I am not able to get to the checkout page online for some reason.
    I did'nt know about the rainyday code thanks for that, but I was trying to get the $15.00 from the s4f code and also save my friend the 15% but, I gave him the rainyday code anyway and it worked for him, just would have been nice to get the $15 bucks.
    I did'nt know about the rainyday code thanks for that, but I was trying to get the $15.00 from the s4f code and also save my friend the 15% but, I gave him the rainyday code anyway and it worked for him, just would have been nice to get the $15 bucks.
    @jake same thing happened to me my s4f code wouldn't work and they said they weren't sure when the system would be up. So I said screw it and used rainy day. I won't get the $15 kickback but oh well at least I placed my order during the sale period. 
  • jnestejneste Posts: 2,541V2 Veteran
    They need to fix the S4F issue quick! I give my code out all the time and I am probably missing a few credits by now.
    edited April 2012
    If the customer can not use the code to get the 15% discount you're both out.  I would bet that the new customer would be POd at you though and not V2.
    Yep! Agreed!
    @marni_v2cigs
    @andries_v2cigs

Sorry to call you out on this but it seems to be a problem that needs to be addressed rather quickly. Not worth our effort to give out our code if it is not working.

I spoke with CS earlier tonight and he was going to activate my code,  I was pissed because I gave my Dr. a bunch of cards to hand out.  I do not know if any got used.

back2front (see above) tried to use my code and it didn't work and CS would not honor the rainyday code for him when he called either.  Very strange. JMHO