WARNING: This product contains nicotine.
Nicotine is an addictive chemical.
18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

UPS is hopeless

depepsidepepsi Posts: 141Member
edited April 2012 in Promotions and Discounts
On Jan 4 2011 UPS insisted that they delivered 2 parcels to me on the same day. The driver marked that he had handed them to a brown-haired woman. There are two women in the household. We are both blondes. One parcel had a gallon of massage cream that I use for work. The other was from JINX.com, and it contained mens large t-shirts. It was my grandson's Christmas gift. I kept calling UPS, I notified both shippers. UPS kept giving me the run around, and sent an inspector out to the house. I showed him my blonde hair, and a photo of my daughter. Then they took me seriously and did a GPS dump on the truck that had done the delivery and found that it had been delivered to the same address number one street over - SEDALIA street. I am on Salida Street. They sent an inspector there who spoke with a brown haired woman who denied receiving the parcel. Both shippers put in a claim and I got my stuff two weeks later. Very simply UPS misdelivered the parcel to some dishonest folks on the next street over. Both parcels were considered stolen, although, even with the GPS dump, UPS was unwilling to press charges. I had a lousy 2 weeks dealing with this.

UPS tagged our address as "Signature Required."  To date, they just quickly ring the doorbell, one time only, and drop the parcel by the front door. We asked for the Signature Required, because of the theft of the first two parcels. They simply cannot be bothered to honor our request. Ring, and dump. That's how they deliver.

Around Christmas this year, my daughter ordered some clothes for her two sons, ages 7 and 9. We got a knock on the door. It was the people on SEDALIA street who had opened the parcel, and then brought it over. We only assume that they do not have small children who could have used the clothing.

Today, at 4:45 UPS indicates that they "left the parcel at the front door." That is my $131 V2 order. There were 3 people home awaiting the parcel, and one person came in at 5:30. UPS did not ring the doorbell here. There is no parcel at my front door. I guess that I'll have to start the 2-week ordeal of reporting a stolen./misdelivered parcel, once again. Likely someone from the SEDALIA street household will be getting a V2 Standard kit, some extra chargers, clearance carts, and 25ml of Sahara juice for Christmas this year.

According to UPS, they "delivered the parcel so it's out of their hands now."

I got home from work too late to do anything except notify V2 via chat, that the parcel was not delivered here. It was nearly 11pm and I did not want to go to a hostile address asking for my delivery. Like I'd get it back if they could use it anyway. As an entire family, we are totally disgusted with UPS and their refusal to honor our request for secure delivery to OUR address by requiring a signature. We always ask for Fed-Ex or USPS. USPS is my preferred for V2 shipments, but I was not even given the option on my order.

Do I sound rather pissy? Hell, yes. My replacement battery is stuck in Jacksonville, and I am out of Sahara juice. Perhaps in 2 weeks or so, UPS will concede that they did not deliver the parcel here, and I can get my order shipped out AGAIN. Meanwhile, I am so totally NOT a happy vaper!
X(

Comments

• janeajanea Posts: 977Member
    I am so sorry. I've only had that happen once with UPS, and the lady who got it didn't know me.  But her neighbor did and she brought it to me.  (Her husband drives for UPS in another area and my neighbors are honest!.)  If they weren't, my outcome might have been the same as yours.

I feel your pain.

• depepsidepepsi Posts: 141Member
    @janea, thanks. And congrats on being a contest winner! Hope they don't ship your prize UPS.
    edited April 2012
    Nope.  Real USPS Priority Mail!  ;)
    Hear, hear! Miami to Aurora, CO in 3 days. And theft from the Post Office is a Federal crime.

• gemh617gemh617 Posts: 437Member
    How come V2 gets to use priority when shipping and we get slow parcel post? Lol
    Nope.  Real USPS Priority Mail!  ;)
    It was right before the switch, I think, Gem.  :)
  • smith_msmith_m Posts: 220Member
    Yea UPS stinks;-( don't like it either. FED-EX was so much better and the USPS priority mail. Too bad V2 got rid of them! Makes NO sense to get rid of the two BEST options ...oh well! Goodluck with your order @depepsi!! Hope you get it soon!!!;-)
  • menth0lvapormenth0lvapor Posts: 12Member
    V2 is slowly becoming more and more hopeless [-( loved them before the change but now not so much
    With the exception of V2 not offering shipping options other than UPS, I do not blame V2 for this. The fault lies in shoddy delivery practices of UPS. Although, right now, being on hold for CS for 13 minutes to report the misdelivery/theft I can say that I am getting less and less amused with V2.
  • LeapingFrogsLeapingFrogs Posts: 393Member
    I never let USPS, FedEx or UPS deliver anything to my house. They all deliver and dump and about 50% of the time the packages are stolen from my front porch--and I live in a nice neighborhood--although not secured! I'm done (and the USPS once put a package in my carport, in a GIANT puddle of water. Thanks, those are $200 shoes I'll never wear now). I have ALL packages delivered to my place of work now. Those always arrive, on time or early, in good condition and they're delivered right into the hands of our receptionist. I say if the option to deliver to your place of work is available, do it.
  • DaddyCatDaddyCat Posts: 6,786Member ✭✭
    Good suggestion LeapingFrogs, I've never had a problem getting things delivered to my home but I've have also had things delivered to my place of work with success.
    edited April 2012
    V2 has e-filed a claim. UPS should get it Monday or Tuesday. I wish that I had the option to get deliveries at work.There were 3 adults in the house, and a dog who barks when somebody comes to the porch, so we know the parcel did not come here. This was another parcel (this makes 4 since Jan 2011) that was not delivered to the address. It's so frustrating, because UPS will not talk to me, at all. This address is supposed to be tagged "High risk - signature required" so once they get the claim, somebody's head is going to roll.

• mimimimi Posts: 1,998V2 Veteran
    edited April 2012
    @depepsi-I would have my shipments delivered to a friend's house whose street name is nowhere close. You just put your name on it and put c/o their name. My daughter has to do this because UPS drops stuff at her apt. door and people would walk by and pick it up. 
  • LeapingFrogsLeapingFrogs Posts: 393Member
    edited April 2012
    My daughter had that problem as well @mimi. UPS would leave packages with her crack-head neighbors then they would claim they never signed for or received anything, then my daughter would find her stuff listed on Craigslist, this was even after she requested they hold all packages at the UPS sorting facillity where she'd pick them up there--they never did that, they just continued to give her stuff to unreliable and dishonest neighbors. She finally started sending all her packages to MY office. LOL.
    edited April 2012
    @LeapingFrogs, it's funny you mention Craigslist. I was just thinking of checking there. I sometimes wonder whether the relief driver for UPS and the folks who are getting my parcels are in cahoots. EDIT: Just checked Craigslist and it's not there) @mimi - In Aurora, we had a man with a pickup who was following the UPS truck, scooping parcels off porches if nobody answered the door. 

I'm going to ask my clinic administrator if I can get my V2 parcels delivered to work. Or insist that V2 use only USPS for my deliveries. Dammit, if UPS would pay attention to "High risk - signature required" this would not be happening. 
  • mimimimi Posts: 1,998V2 Veteran
    What a headache for the consumer. A truck following the UPS drivers around? Good grief! What these people think of is beyond the scope of our imagination... until we see it on the news. When I see people put their mail out in the box in the evening and put up the flag, I just cringe. That is an invitation for your bills, with account numbers, to be shared with some of these cretins. 
    Hopefully your admin will allow the deliveries once you share the story.
  • back2frontback2front Posts: 79Member
    I remember 2 yrs. ago I had ordered a $500 piece of electronics, this is in February and here in Illinois we had about 2 foot of snow. They put it in the snow outside of my garage door and left. Not the front porch or knocked...nothing. I went to leave and was backing my car out of the garage but had second thoughts if I could get through the snow drift and there it was with just a corner of the box showing.....whew.....now that was stupid.  :-q
    It'll be to admins advantage to let me get my V2 at work. Our clinic administrator and several of the other front desk staff have all been becoming pretty interested in vaping. One of them has even ordered 2 of the 2011 clearance starter kits for herself and the boyfriend. We are a massage franchise, so having staff that reek of tobacco smoke is not a good thing. 

OMG @back to front, that was awful. Did your stuff still work? Lucky you found it. Add that to the many reasons that we don't like UPS for our deliveries.
  • Ck9Ck9 Posts: 653Member
    Omg @depepsi that sucks. And @back2front what a story. Depepsi I feel for you. I think marni is aware that this is not going well as evidenced by the survey. Hopefully v2 does not have a long term exclusive contract with ups and they can make some changes. I hope your package gets reshipped before you run out!
  • back2frontback2front Posts: 79Member

depepsi yes it still worked but if I had continued to back out I would have had an assembly required tablet.
    LOTS of assembly required. Good eyes!

Just spoke to UPS. They got the e-file from V2 today on the missing shipment and initiated a trace on the order that was misdelivered on April 20. The trace will take 8 business days from tomorrow, April 24. If my order cannot be found by Thursday May 3, UPS will process the loss claim and V2 can ship out a replacement order which will likely get to me by May 14 or 15.  X(

• smith_msmith_m Posts: 220Member
    @depepsi, HOLY CRAP!! MAY 14-15???!!!!!! that's insanity!!!! I would COMPLETELY FLIP THE F*** OUT ON THEM! I'm so sorry u have to deal with this crap! No one should have to deal with this.
    Wow.. Really? Another epic fail. :(  

I am so very sorry that this is happening.  

In all fairness to UPS, I use it exclusively with my Amazon Prime and we get free 2nd Day Air for anything we order.  I haven't lost anything yet.  Almost lost an order one time. It was delivered, as in this case, one street over.  (We're on Main, they're on Pine, so no name confusion there.)   The neighbor of the home to which it was delivered happens to be married to a UPS Driver on another route, and she brought it over to me, also unlike your case.

In fact, my house was built for her grandmother, so we had a nice little visit!  

I am so sorry for the shipping stuff that's going on.  I really feel for you.  IMO, when stuff like this happens, v2 should replace the product and work it out with their "Partner" UPS on their time and their dime. I would not accept the solution.  For you to have to bear the brunt of this is not indicative of a company who wants to keep their customers.

edited April 2012
    First the good news: I called back to CS and explained the whole drawn out procedure for UPS. The CS guy was off the line for a while and came back and said that they would give it 3 days and if UPS had no news for them they would re-ship my order, so hopefully by this Friday they will be sending out a duplicate order. V2 is taking the word of a very good customer (over $400 ordered in 6 weeks) that they want to keep, and will ship the order before UPS is done with their investigation.

NOW THE REALLY INCREDIBLE STUFF...AND BY THIS TIME YOU'LL BE SHAKING YOUR HEAD IN DISBELIEF. LIGHTNING DOES STRIKE TWICE IN THE SAME PLACE!!!

My daughter - same address - and a V2 vaper, ordered on the same day I did. UPS 3-day select. Pretty much the same size orders, same size box, same $ value. Both orders were due to come April 20. Mine was "delivered" on April 20 somewhere, just not here. Hers was slated to come in today. It is marked as "delivered" (somewhere, just not here.) Seriously, an identical package from the same shipper to the same address gone astray!!!

Fortunately, she is a manager for a store in a large chain of girls' clothing. Her UPS driver got her a direct line into a supervisor. She let loose on him about the 5 out of 7 UPS deliveries that have been delivered to the people on the next street over, and how we only got back the one with a small amount of little boys' clothing that the recipients had opened and gone through. UPS will be sending inspectors to the house on the next street over several times a day for the next few days to try to retrieve our orders. That didn't work with the first two misdeliveries. The woman perfectly matched the driver's description of the party who accepted the parcels, the GPS dump of the truck's log indicated that the parcels had gone there, and they denied receiving them.

UPS has also red-flagged their address with a note that says "under NO circumstances, EVER deliver a parcel to this address" so they will never get UPS deliveries to their home for their own parcels! And they have done it to themselves.

CS also assures me that the USPS option is back for all orders. Yay!!!
  • skutybaskutyba Posts: 12Member

UPS just plain sucks...........my corporate office just sent me a replacement cell phone because my blackberry died. They "tried" to deliver it yesterday (funny, there was someone here all day) and left a note on the door saying it was a signature required delivery and they would try again the next day.

I'm sitting here working (I work from home). The UPS truck pulls up in front of my house, driver flies out of the truck, wedges a package into the wire mesh on the gate, and jumps back in and hauls off.

So much for "signature required".

A few years ago, I order a sewing/embroidery machine that was very expensive ($3000). They dropped in the middle of my driveway ON ITS SIDE, ignoring the arrows saying THIS SIDE UP and CAUTION, FRAGILE, etc.

When I set it up and tried to use it, all I got was this godawful grinding sound. Called the store I bought it from, and they sent me a new machine and went after UPS for mishandling it.

They are idiots.

I've had my own personal nightmares with UPS. youtube has lots of videos of UPS drivers doing the most outrageous things with packages. I'm kind of suprised the company survives.
    HOLY  CRAP...UPS got our parcels back for us. Both of us!!!!! The driver just showed up at the door, rang, and waited to hand them to somebody.
    That's incredible. I have my Sahara juice...and wonder if I should use my XL batts for telephone poles. It might have taken the second disappearance to get UPS moving...but move they did. Gotta call CS to share the good news. This is the first misdelivery in 2 years that we got back. 

:D
    I am so happy/relived to hear you got your Sahara @depepsi.  I hope it's the good stuff!
  • Mark_NHMark_NH Posts: 131Member
    @depepsi ; that whole ordeal just sounds horrible ... glad you finally have your order though .

@daddycat Sahara looks, smells, and vapes fine. It is batch EL11 with the expiration 01-01-2013 the same as the 6mg I got that was fine. This is 12mg; I was not as ready as I thought for a nic level drop. I'm charging the new Harry Potter wands now - one on the USB/wall charger and one on the Express charger. It's a race...and the winner is me. I got a good Sahara. :)>- =D> :D
  • paynelkpaynelk Posts: 207Member
    Congrats @depepsi.
  • Sally53Sally53 Posts: 1,074Member

Harry Potter Wand :D mine is somewhere in the next town lost during rummage sales >:P

Will leave my other 2 juice feedback here....new juice Sahara VSAA is fine....the Red VSAA still has it's sweet taste upon inhaling but exhaling leaves an ash taste...previous post my menthol was bad all around.  Will be getting juice elsewhere for a bit. 

edited April 2012
    I have a BOGE XL carto with an adapter to put on my Harry Potter XL batt, and then I can challenge the evil wizard to a magic duel.

@sally53, I don't blame you. I am so lucky that my 6mg Sahara, my 12mg Sahara and my 6mg menthol have all turned out fine. I, too am getting juice elsewhere...especially from US companies who ship USPS.

• Sally53Sally53 Posts: 1,074Member
    I love Harry Potter and when I got the XL, was the first thing I thought of, but the standard fits in a pocket better.  I will get Sahara refilled again, but will wait to see how things go first, as money does not grow on trees ~O)