WARNING: This product contains nicotine.
Nicotine is an addictive chemical.
18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

New v2cig battery model ?

leking73leking73 Posts: 5Member
edited May 2012 in Entertainment and Humor
I just received a new replacement battery from v2cig. I notice that the logo on the battery is all blue now, so i guess they made a new model.

The thing i'm curious about is that it doesnt have a hole in the middle of the battery, is this normal ? With all the reset I had to do with those battery i'm wondering if its gonne work when I'll have to reset it...

I've been a v2cig customer since january, It was my 6 replacement battery, am I just not lucky or everybody are having the same problem with this product...Yeah the guarantee is great but in my eyes theres something wrong with the quality of the product...

Comments

• FuryFury Posts: 204Member
    No hole just means it is a sealed battery, so they replaced your old model with the newer sealed ones.  Other than that, it should be identical

As for your luck with batteries, my batteries from February have mostly died, so my luck seems to be no better.
  • leking73leking73 Posts: 5Member
    Thanks fury, hopefully the new sealed batteries will be better...
  • janeajanea Posts: 977Member
    My first are from February, and the only one I have trouble with is the blue xl manual, and I am on my fourth one. :/
  • KillConfirmedKillConfirmed Posts: 622Member
    iv had to replace 2 batts since i began. i havnt had any misfires with the sealed batts.
  • superflyginsuperflygin Posts: 350Member
    @janea, so far I love my blue xl auto..  I am so afraid my batts r going to start dying since I haven't placed an order in awhile and getting anything replaced might be kinda hard after the mean things I said about V2's prices and the quality of the last e juice I ordered!!    muwahahaha!!
  • DustDust Posts: 28Member

What is this "hole" in the middle of the battery, if you don't mind me asking? Can I see a picture? I have five batteries that I've purchased since January (gotta have spares the way I misplace them!). One of my original standard size automatic batteries crapped out on me almost immediately and needed replacing. And, the replacement they gave me isn't much better than the broken one I originally returned. Half the time the battery won't light when I press the button, so I rarely use that one.

However, my other 4 batteries (3 long manuals and a medium automatic) have worked wonderfully since purchase.

• emelesteemeleste Posts: 5,132V2 Veteran ✭✭
    Here is a pic @Dust .  On the left is a V2 automatic "unsealed" battery...or the old style battery.  On the right is a V2 "sealed" automatic battery ;  The hole is in the center of the battery post in the one on the left.  

All I know is every time I got to the V4L site it acts like I'm already a customer there.  I can't see any of the reviews on anything there...and it claims I left a review on EVERYTHING already.  I never registered there...and certainly never ordered anything there, or left any reviews there.  So that puts me off.  Where do they get off saying I did something I didn't do?  How do I know that if I order something there that I'll get it...and not whoever it is they think I am..but am not?   No Thanks!!!!!!!
  • GenLeeGenLee Posts: 94Member
    I've used that site and never had any problems with it.  Nothing spectacular about it, just another source for supplies.
  • Sally53Sally53 Posts: 1,074Member
    edited May 2012

So on the pic above, the one on the right is a sealed battery.  Then my new bigger bat is a sealed one, no hole in the center, but I get a good draw on it.  On a regular standard auto sized one from elsewhere, I did not get a good draw on a sealed one.  So since this is a bigger bat I have, that makes the difference I take it. Pic doesn't show the end here.

• Sally53Sally53 Posts: 1,074Member
    No picture above, had one, but couldn't use it.
  • KemV2KemV2 Posts: 4Member
    I actually called for the same reason and they let me know that the new batteries are sealed and you'll get a better draw and you won't have to worry about E-Liquid getting in the battery and ruining it. So, no need to worry about sealed batteries. It's all good.
  • amoreamore Posts: 2,194Member ✭✭
    All I know is every time I got to the V4L site it acts like I'm already a customer there.  I can't see any of the reviews on anything there...and it claims I left a review on EVERYTHING already.  I never registered there...and certainly never ordered anything there, or left any reviews there.  So that puts me off.  Where do they get off saying I did something I didn't do?  How do I know that if I order something there that I'll get it...and not whoever it is they think I am..but am not?   No Thanks!!!!!!!
    It does that to me also. I wonder why?
  • KillConfirmedKillConfirmed Posts: 622Member
    the sealed batts work just fine. i wouldnt worry.
  • janeajanea Posts: 977Member
    Day 3 on my 4th Blue XL and I'm working it to death.  So far, so good. No malfunctions. I'm still holding on to my return though, because after getting nailed sending 3 back, I'm going to make sure this button continues working.

Emeleste, that rating thing bugs me, too.  I haven't asked about it, though, and I haven't searched the forum, so I can't tell you why that is.  I tend to make up my own mind, anyway.  
  • Pandora84Pandora84 Posts: 168Member
    It does that to me also. I wonder why?

Me too.

• leking73leking73 Posts: 5Member
    Somebody had to do a reset with the new sealed battery ?

With the unsealed battery we had to blow 5 times in the hole, now what ?

All my bad battery were Automatic, I just exchange my last 2 defect with manual battery. Hopefully they will last me longer !

I'm on the manual battery since yesterday, the battery seems to die faster...Your though ?
  • DaddyCatDaddyCat Posts: 6,786Member ✭✭
    @leking73 even though the new auto batteries are called "sealed" really they are not sealed. There are vents under the center post (or else how would the battery activate?). You should still be able to reset the battery by blowing into the threaded end. Some times it can take alot of effort to get a battery to reset. Some people have never gotten their battery to reset.
  • joyfulriverajoyfulrivera Posts: 1,410Member
    edited June 2012
    Here is a pic @Dust .  On the left is a V2 automatic "unsealed" battery...or the old style battery.  On the right is a V2 "sealed" automatic battery ;  The hole is in the center of the battery post in the one on the left.  

@emeleste ok, so I've ordered 2 manual batts since v2 unleashed the "new" batteries, and they both look like the one on the left...was I cheated?
    Since I never ordered a manual from V2...I really can't tell ya @joyfulrivera !  But maybe V2's manuals do have holes...although it certainly would be way different from most other vendors' manuals.  
    .Okay...so I looked at an old manual "stick" battery I got from another KR808D-1 vendor and it DOES have the hole in it!  And it works fine.  I looked at another (older) manual battery from another of V2's competitors and it does NOT have a hole.  So....that's not much help, huh.  But as for being "cheated"..nah.  But you will have to take care to not dump juice in there and short the battery out! 

:P 
  • CynsonyaCynsonya Posts: 5,367Member
    @joyfulrivera...I think only the auto's are sealed. As I have ordered 4 manual and 2 autos in the last 2 months and only the auto's are sealed. My Mom has 3 manual and 2 auto's and her's are the same.
  • joyfulriverajoyfulrivera Posts: 1,410Member
    hmm..
    I always thought the manuals were all sealed until I saw that pic. thanks for the heads up!
  • DaddyCatDaddyCat Posts: 6,786Member ✭✭
    My V2 manual standard length battery bought late Jan 2012 has a semi shallow hole. By that I mean it has a hole but the hole does not go through the center post.