WARNING: This product contains nicotine.
Nicotine is an addictive chemical.
18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

Mixing milligram levels

Sally53Sally53 Posts: 1,074Member
edited May 2012 in Entertainment and Humor
Posting this in case someone else is wondering also and is not mathematical like me! Thread somewhere on this.

Wanting to mix my 18 or 24 mg with 0 mg, as I am catching myself chain vaping and mindlessly adding more nicotine to my system is not needed. How do I know what milligram I am vaping?

When I figured this: 18 mg and 12 mg, I got....15 mg...is this correct?

Comments

• murphyinsightmurphyinsight Posts: 834Member
    edited May 2012

If you mix the 18mg with 0mg evenly you will end up with 9mg.

the 24mg will be 12mg if mixed evenly.( and yes, you would end up with 15)

• DaddyCatDaddyCat Posts: 6,786Member ✭✭
    edited May 2012

(A+B) / 2 = X 

if A and B are equal amounts (volumes).

So forgive me if it's reduntant but yes, 18 + 12 = 30  and 30 / 2 = 15

• Sally53Sally53 Posts: 1,074Member

I was guessing that, but weeks ago reading on that other thread, got confused on it.  Usually if I think something is easy to divide out and break down, then it isn't....thanks

• dBdB Posts: 718Member
    edited May 2012

Yep, that is right.  @Mom mastered the math on this and posted something like this.  

((amount in ml * mg nic strength of juice1) + (amount in ml * mg nic strength of juice2) + (amount in ml * mg nic strength of Juice3))...etc. devided by the total ml of the batch  = total mg of the batch.

So (12.5ml * 18mg) + (12.5ml * 12mg) / 25ml = Xmg

(225) + (150) / 25ml = Xmg

375 / 25ml = 15mg

Hope that helps?  Here's a link to a pretty good mixing calculator.

http://ejuice.breaktru.com/

That's the one @db, saved the link!
  • JmanJman Posts: 3,050Member
    See, 0 plus something else does equal something other than the original number. 

My 3rd grade math teacher thought otherwise. I hope she's retired by now. 
  • CynsonyaCynsonya Posts: 5,367Member
    I am about to do just that. I WANT TO START CUTTING DOWN MY NIC LEVEL VER GRADUALLY SO i am on 18 now. Ordered 12 at the sale. Gonna mix evenly for a 15mg. Then on to straight 12 mg. Then I plan to mix the 12 with 6 to get a 9 and so forth. I just think my body won't notice so much if i do it that way. We shall see.....
    Stupid thing won't let me edit that last post. It is all out of wHacK, lol:)
  • MuldemarMuldemar Posts: 500Member
    edited June 2012
    See, 0 plus something else does equal something other than the original number. 

My 3rd grade math teacher thought otherwise. I hope she's retired by now. 

Zero + a number DOES= that number..

However as DaddyCat stated the formula is( A+B)/2=X

Too bad your third grade teacher couldnt get through to you!!..Seems a feww other grades didnt stick either

=))
    But we're only combining, not dividing. At what step do we divide the liquid? 
    edited May 2012

math, the one universal language ?

deja vu all over again

Muldemar, needs to be (A+B) / 2 = X

edited May 2012
    You do not divide the liquid but you must divide the nic mgs to get your new one. For example if you mix 24mg with 0mg in equal parts it is no longer 24mg or 0mg. You must divide the new # to find new mg. WHICH WOULD NOW BE 12MG.
    edited May 2012
    Guess the sarcasm went right over my head cause I thought he was serious, lol.

sarcasm is often hard to notice on forums  ;)

I have been up for 27 hours do to work. Not to sharp right now, lol.

math, the one universal language ?

deja vu all over again

Muldemar, needs to be (A+B) / 2 = X

Well, with the parentheses in there, that makes all the difference in my 3rd grade world. 

I, in fact, keep a set of parentheses by me when I do my refilling and mixing. It's next to my extra condoms, eye dropper and spare set of ellipses ...
  • amoreamore Posts: 2,194Member ✭✭
    ok what if i mixed 12mg with 18 mg equally? how many mg's would that be of nicotine? I really want to know how to make my 12 mg into 18mg if possible...
  • JackieOJackieO Posts: 10,239Member ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking that would be 15mg. I'm also thinking to make 12 into 18 you need equal amounts of 12 & 24.
    edited June 2012

12 + 18 = 30.    30 / 2 = 15

12 + 24 = 36.      36 / 2 = 18

correct, assuming equal amounts of each

edited June 2012
    hm well if i use even more  than half 18mg and less 12mg to make it stronger than 15

i am getting 12mg because i was impatient and they didn't have any more 18 in stock so i need to use it anyway but straight

i hate math when i can't use a calculator
  • mrtmrt Posts: 5,021Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2012

You arte all so quick! 

edited June 2012

@amore, you can use this calculator (thanks @dB)

http://ejuice.breaktru.com/images/ejuice_nic.jpg

***ooops that's not an active calculator***

• wmike145wmike145 Posts: 422Member
    I keep parentheses near my condoms too. Inside of them it says (good idea) and the other one says (optional?).
    edited June 2012

parentheses humor.... who knew?

edited June 2012
    thanks @DaddyCat i will look at that and hope i can understand it

the vid you almost posted was funny @mrt   =))

i almost posted it too

it shows up until i post
    edited June 2012
    @amore it looks like that calculator needs to be downloaded. If you know what percentages you used of each we can try to calculate the final strength. Say 2/3 of one and 1/3 of the other or some estimate.
    thats ok @DaddyCat i suck at math
  • mrtmrt Posts: 5,021Member ✭✭✭
    This calc works fine, http://www.ejuice.breaktru.com/ Did I mention it's free?  Get the reciepes too.

Yup @mrt, a person needs to download the free calculator which I've just done. It is very nice and free.

To calculate nicotine mixing with different strengths a person needs to open the program then click Tools then select Nic Combine.

I downloaded it :)

it might be ok once i get my supplies. I know they are in my PO box but have to wait to get a ride... It is just that i can't drive. I am just not going to pay extra for UPS so I have to wait longer for a friend to take me, probably Monday.