18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.
Members and Visitors: We've updated our forum category names to help you easily navigate discussions topics. Categories are still in the same order on the homepage, just with different names! Message me with any questions. - Samantha
Interested in joining the conversation? CLICK HERE to become a forum member now!

E Cigarettes BANNED, Sign Petition to Reverse Ruling

http://wh.gov/PXKD Petaluma, California just passed a smoking ban that INCLUDED electronic cigarettes and stated that they could not be used INSIDE people's own residences OR on their own balcony!!! Ridiculous AND unconstitutional! Please sign my petition to reverse this new law, link above.

Comments

• DaddyCatDaddyCat Posts: 6,786Member ✭✭✭✭
    Signed. Good luck Sarah, such a silly silly law.
  • mrtmrt Posts: 5,021Member ✭✭✭
    Not to be a frown face but where were you before the ordinance got passed? 
  • AbsintheurAbsintheur Posts: 6,429V2 Veteran ✭✭
    Good luck but when was the last time an ordinance ever get reversed?

mrt is right...it is far easier to prevent than change, I am afraid unless you can make major changes in the State government you are pretty much up the proverbial creek...

Personally I would ignore it and challenge it in court if it came to that as being unconstitutional.
  • SarahSarah Posts: 40Member

What I did was make my voice known by arguing with city council and the mayor, and I also sent ingredients in carts (all FDA approved) AND a batch testing report from V2 to show they are safe which I was told would be REVIEWED before making a decision.  They already had personal opinions and were being urged by the local police chief to include E cigs.  By the way, they also included medical marijuana in the ordinance.  There was NO opposition from the medical marijuana smokers, not a PEEP.  Can you believe that?  While I don't smoke marijuana, I know people that do.  One of them is a female currently going through chemo for breast cancer, she never even smoked tobacco cigarettes.  She doesn't live in Petaluma, but if she did and lived in a residence that had ANY shared wall (some single family homes are attached), she would be told she could not smoke it inside her home, on her balcony, in her own yard, or even outside in common areas.  Also, not in any parking lots or on any commercial sidewalk.  I guess she would have to find a residential sidewalk and smoke it there in public to get dirty looks from people walking by and be right out there for police to harrass?  STUPID!  City council had their own personal agenda is what was going on.  This is not a STATE law, this was a small little city passing this ordinance.

The morning the ordinance passed, I called the white house, turns out the president was not available to talk to me.  I was surprised!  (being sarcastic lol).  So I sent him an email requesting a response.

I am not saying it will get reversed and they really cannot enforce it anyways, but the president DID sue a state and reverse a state law, city council is small potatoes compared to that.  And I would rather cause a fuss then remain silient, even if it doesn't change anything.

• SarahSarah Posts: 40Member
    Absintheur, if I win the lotto I will be sure to hire a lawyer to sue the city of Petaluma.  AND I will make sure to pick a lawyer that defended OJ Simpson, just to be on the safe side.